Zimbabwe Tourism – A Country of Wonders
- Author Linda Vika
- Published June 10, 2012
- Word count 364
If you are looking for a tourist destination that combines affordability, friendly local people and some of the most amazing natural splendour that Africa has to offer, Zimbabwe may just be the place for you!
In recent years, Zimbabwe has seen tourism increase as the country’s economy continues to stabilise. With the wide variety of attractions and accommodation on offer, tourists are flocking to Zimbabwe – a country of great history and natural beauty.
If you’ve never been to Zimbabwe or are curious about the countries various attractions and places of interest, we have a brief overview of some Zimbabwean tourist attractions that are not to be missed! Remember to keep these in mind when you decide to visit!
The Victoria Falls
These famous waterfalls are probably the best known tourist attraction in Zimbabwe. Every minute, 546 million cubic metres of water pass over the falls, with the spray being felt miles away! The scenic beauty of the falls is enough to draw visitors from all over the world, not to mention the number of activities on offer!
The Victoria Falls are located in the Zambezi national park on the border of Zimbabwe and Zambia. The area around the falls is home to a variety of wildlife including crocodiles and hippos. For the adrenaline junkies among us, there are fun-packed activities like white water rafting, abseiling, bungee jumping and water boarding. For the calmer type of tourist scenic walks, boat rides and even elephant rides are widely available.
Gonarezhou National Park
Just over the border from South Africa is the Gonarezhou National Park. Forming part of the Great Limpopo Transfrontier Park, a large multinational game reserve that includes South Africa’s Kruger Park and the Gaza Park in Mozambique.
The opportunities for wildlife spotting, game drives, and sunsets spent watching the best of natural beauty should appeal to any nature lover. With a large elephant population, the Gonarezhou Park allows tourists the opportunity to observe these majestic animals in their natural habitat.
With an abundance of tourist attractions, Zimbabwe has plenty to offer to any tourist. Once you have experienced the natural beauty that this country has to offer, you are bound to return!
There are no posted comments.
- Will you Travel After Covid-19 crisis ends?
- Strange Things may Surprise you about North Korea
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek
- Why Compare Cheap Airport Parking Valet Amenities for Vehicle Safety
- Everest base camp trek guide
- How to prepare for Annapurna base camp trek
- Manaslu Larke La pass Trekking
- 10 Wine Tasting Tips and Tricks for Napa Valley
- 6 Best National Parks In The Usa To Visit In Spring
- Migrating to Russia - All you need to know
- Russia travel tips - is it safe to travel to russia ?
- Things to Do in Dalat at Night
- The Best Nightlife Activities in Mui Ne
- Places to Visit at Night in Phu Quoc, Vietnam
- Everest Base Camp Trek Via Gokyo Lake
- Nightlife Destinations in Hai Phong Vietnam
- Three Reasons You'll Want to Fly With Just a Carry-On Bag
- How to travel with a pet to Vietnam
- 4 Tips When Choosing a Carry-on Bag
- Kickstart Your Paragliding Career With These Quick Tips
- 5 Places for Great Third Wave Coffee in Barcelona
- Flying by private jet is not an indulgence, reserved for of the social elite
- Top 10 Essentials for an Enjoyable Motorcycle Camping Trip
- The Best Activities for Bristol Stag Parties
- Apply for India tourist visa?
- 8 Tips to be a savvy dental tourist and enjoy your dental vacation in Vietnam
- Tips for a Safe and Trouble Free Motorcycle Camping Trip
- Top ten hen party destinations
- Are Boating Holidays the Best Holidays?
- Travel Rewards Roundup: August 2019