Natural Home Remedies to help with Constipation
- Author Margaret Le Monnier
- Published June 17, 2012
- Word count 611
Constipation can be a very stressful condition. It involves problems in the gastrointestinal tract and results in irregular bowel movements. These digestive tract disorders are more commonly experienced by young children and the elderly, and women also experience constipation more than men do. Individuals who suffer this condition experience irregular and agonising bowel movements. In its most severe form, constipation can cause both abdominal pains and inflammation. Because constipation leads to infrequent bowel movements, toxins inside the body are also increased. This may cause further problems concerning overall health.
While most people have a bowel movement every day, some people have difficulty achieving this regularity. These individuals experience symptoms such as pain in the abdomen, discomfort in the rectal area, a sense of being bloated, possible nausea and decreased appetite. In severe cases of constipation, individuals may get haemorrhoids and anal fissures or skin tearing in the rectum.
Here is a list of various home remedies that are very useful for treating constipation:
A concoction of 8 ounces of milk mixed with 3 ounces of prune juice is very helpful. Add small drops of liquorice extract to this concoction for it to be more effective and take it every morning.
Another home remedy that effectively alleviates this condition is mixing ¼ tsp. of Epsom salts with half a glass of water, and drink on an empty stomach.
Drink diluted lemon juice two or three times daily on an empty stomach can help cleanse the system and alleviate pains.
Eating pears or drinking its juice can be a useful remedy.
Guavas are also very effective in curing constipation. Eating 1 or 2 guavas with its seeds can help to improve digestion and empty the bowels.
Change to a fibre-rich diet. Fibre-rich foods are extremely beneficial and they also help your intestines function better and become healthier.
Put 10-12 big raisins in a cup of milk and then boil. Consume the raisins and drink the milk.
Mix 2 teaspoons of psyllium husks in water or fruit juice. After mixing, drink immediately. Do this once or twice a day before meals.
Mix together one quarter teaspoon of dry ginger powder, a pinch of asafoetida, and a very small amount of sea salt in water.
Take a teaspoon or 2 of Aloe vera juice twice daily on an empty stomach.
At the start of each day try drinking warm water mixed with a teaspoon of olive oil and teaspoon of lemon juice.
Eat plenty of raw green leafy salad vegetables like rocket or water cress. Start off slowly and build up as you get used to them. These enzyme rich foods will aid digestion and strengthen the intestines.
Take a dessertspoonful of essential fatty acids like flax seed oil or walnut or hemp oil with each meal to facilitate easier transition of food through the system.
Soak 2 or 3 senna pods in a glass of water and drink last thing at night.
Some people can get embarrassed about having constipation and may find the situation difficult to discuss. However, there are plenty of different ways listed above to remedy the problem. Treating constipation in a more natural way will offer positive results without putting further stress on the system.
Remember that if you continuously feed the body poor de-nourished food the body will respond by producing toxins. These toxins can result in bowel problems, and constipation is a common symptom of a weak sluggish system.
Change to a healthier diet, which includes one salad meal every day also drink plenty of water and several pieces of fresh fruit and vegetables daily. Persevere with this regime and experience a big change in the health of your digestion, and a return to normal bowel movements.
Margaret Le Monnier has over 20 years-experience as a qualified natural health professional in the UK. She is now writing articles for a website solely devoted to bringing a comprehensive range of natural health advice to everyone. To find out more about natural remedies for constipationvisit her website at Natural Health 4 Life.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What Is Leptin Resistance?
- What are the health benefits of CBD Oil?
- Healthy Diet Tips for Pregnancy
- How to get a well-defined muscle mass in a short time?
- What is the most effective weight loss diet over the long term?
- How to Prevent Gestational diabetes
- Pre-workout supplements
- Incredible Properties and Benefits of Chayote
- Full Spectrum Hemp Oil vs. Isolated: what is the difference?
- Blood and Guts Pre-Workout
- The Health Benefits of juicing
- The Healing Power of Currants
- The Fact About HGH Supplements
- 10 Wellness tips – this is how to stay healthy during winter
- Something to help you with your pre workout training!
- Marijuana-Cannabis-THC-CBD - Definitions and Slang
- Whey Protein: Benefits, Uses & Requirements
- How to benefit from Keto's revolutionary fat-loss diet plan
- Wild Antarctic Red Krill Fish Oil - Best Omega 3 Fish Supplement?
- How To Become A Fit Vegan
- Mass gainer - take your dose of energy
- Green Coffee Bean Health Benefits
- Don’t Eat These 3 Food Groups if You Have Arthritis
- How to Improve Your Metabolic Health with Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Benefits of Probiotics
- How To Protect Yourself From Sickness & Disease
- Boost Your Brain Function And Improve Memory With Pearl Powder
- Digestive Problems In Usa And Its Cure
- 10 Top Solid Nourishments To Keep You Fit
- Pure Water Health Benefits