Turn Leftover Bread into a Delicious Dessert Using Bananas
- Author Amanda Millen
- Published June 22, 2012
- Word count 452
Bananas are rich in calcium and potassium and should be included in your regular diet. They can be used to prepare a number of interesting dishes and given below is the recipe of one such simple and tasty dish in bread pudding recipe. You can use this banana bread pudding recipe anytime to prepare a yummy dessert.
7 cups of bread cubes (remove the crust of the bread before cutting)
6 large eggs at room temperature
3/4 cup of granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 1/2 cups of heavy whipping cream
1 1/2 cups of half and half
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/4 cup of dark brown sugar
3 tablespoons of butter (unsalted and at room temperature)
1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice (if you are using concentrate then use only 1/2 tablespoon)
4 medium-sized ripe bananas
Roast the bread cubes in the oven at 350F for about 7 minutes until they are dry. This will prevent the bread from getting too soggy.
Remove from the oven and set aside to use later.
In a bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, vanilla extract and salt and combine well.
In a heavy bottom saucepan, whisk the cream and half and half over a medium flame. Remove from heat.
Add the cream mix to the egg mix and whisk well until the ingredients are mixed.
Sieve the custard and set it aside to cool to lukewarm temperature. Make sure there are no lumps in the mix.
In a separate saucepan, take the butter and brown sugar and heat them on low heat until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves.
Cut the banana in half lengthwise and then in thin slices crosswise.
Put the banana slices in the above-prepared sauce and stir in for 30 seconds until the banana pieces are coated on both sides.
Remove from the heat and cool.
To assemble the pudding:
Lightly grease an 8x8x2 inch baking dish and scatter 1/3 of the bread cubes at the bottom.
Pour 1/2 of the banana slices and sauce over the bread.
Cover with 1/3 of lukewarm custard.
Add another layer of bread cubes, banana and custard over the top of the first layer.
Add the third layer of bread and custard, press the top lightly and cover with aluminium foil.
Preheat the oven to 350F.
Place the glass dish in a water bath. To prepare the water bath, fill a large, metal baking dish half way with water.
Bake at 350F for about 30 minutes.
Remove the foil and bake for another 45 minutes
Remove from the water bath and set aside for 15 minutes.
Anukriti Parsai uses traditional recipes handed down from generation to generation.
Anukriti's Banana bread pudding recipe's incorporate a variety of ingredients depending upon the mood, season, audience and tastes. Each recipe is as individual as the people it's intended for.
Anukriti also contributing member of the Bread Recipe Secrets team.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What is The Purpose of Food Testing?
- The role of flax seeds in disease prevention
- How to Storage Loose Leaf Tea
- What Are The Common Foods That Causes Food Allergies
- The Rise of Pop-Up Restaurants and Bars
- Why does Pu-erh tea select Yunnan big leaf
- Differences between raw pu-erh and cooked
- Bagel Sliced Bread
- Henderson County Vineyards
- What to have for Dinner
- How meat re placers affect the beef industry.
- Creative Cakes: Mint, Cookies and Cream!
- Why Vegetarian?
- Best Places to Eat Pizza
- Using modern cleaning systems to increase beer line cleaning intervals
- A True Chicago Dining Experience
- Wellington and York Partners: Food Products You Shouldn’t Miss in Switzerland
- 10 difference between US and Italian pizza
- Build your own pizza to make it healthy and nutritious
- Natural Mineral Water An Elixir For Dehydration
- Choose Natural Mineral Water- Choose Your Health
- The Benefits of Eating Grass-fed Beef and Pastured Pork
- 10 Drinks to avoid when you’re 40
- Setting the Record straight on Meat Health
- Almond oil and its properties
- Use Water Dispensers and Routines to Lose Weight
- 3 Common Issues with a Water Cooler Dispenser
- 4 Great Food Options for Overcoming Hunger Pangs When Dieting
- Aussie Natural Spring Water
- Healthy Living