How to Recondition a Laptop Battery
- Author Moka Luo
- Published July 1, 2012
- Word count 282
Like all rechargeable battery packs, laptop batteries eventually lose their ability to hold a full charge. Although it's not possible to make a battery pack perform like new again (unless the cells are replaced), it is possible to improve cell performance by reconditioning or calibrating some laptop battery packs.
Insert the battery into the laptop. Plug in the laptop and allow the battery to fully charge. Restart the computer.
Disable hibernation temporarily. In Windows XP, for example, click Start, then "Control Panel," then "Power Options." Select the "Hibernate" tab, then uncheck "Enable Hibernation." Click "OK" to save the settings.
Change settings to discharge the battery. Click on "Control Panel," "Performance and Maintenance," "Power Options" and then "Power Schemes." Make a note of the settings under the "Plugged In" and "Running on Batteries" columns so you can reset them later.
Set all six options to "Never" from the drop-down lists. Click "OK" to save the settings and disable power management.
Unplug the laptop, but do not turn it off. Run the laptop until the battery is completely discharged (the Power/Standby light will blink) and the laptop shuts down.
Plug the laptop back in, allow it to fully charge again, then restart the computer. Enable hibernation and enter your original performance settings in "Power Schemes."
Tips & Warnings
The battery pack will charge faster if you are not using the laptop. Turn the computer off for best results. Also, clean the metal contacts on the battery with a soft cloth to improve power transfer.
Do not calibrate lithium-ion batteries. Other types of laptop batteries, such as NiMH and NiCad, should not be calibrated more than once a month to avoid damage to the circuitry.
We are capable to provide High Quality Laptop Batteries, Laptop AC Adapters at Lower Prices. Give your laptop a new life with the higher capacity laptop battery. Every model was engineered for maximum run time so you won't miss those important shots.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- All About Clipping Path
- FIFA 20 De Rossi end of an era card leaks in the game
- Top 10 Low Budget Living Room Interior Decor Ideas
- The Key to Hire an Effective Virtual Assistant
- Curl Joining Process for Galvanizing Lines - Welding Galvanized Steel
- San Diego Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Attorney
- Benefits Of Hiring Shop Cleaning Services
- Affected by the COVID-19: the Global Seamless Steel Pipe Plant Has Reduced its Output to Upgrade
- Why You Should Hire Cleaning Services?
- How Is Regular Traditional Prototyping Different Than Rapid Prototyping?
- Tips to buy a good mobile at low price
- Criteria in Selecting English-to-French Translation Services
- MLM Software migration guidelines
- How to Recycle Old Electronics?
- How do I set up QuickBooks Online Backup?
- The majority of businesses have buildings which need maintenance
- A Lot Of The Services Required For Your Business Can Be Outsourced
- Features Of Using An Audio Translation Service
- Tips to Choosing a Manuscript Typing Service Provider
- Things to Consider When Choosing Rush Transcription Services
- 4 Tips When Choosing a Document Translation Service
- Bus Chartering Services in Singapore
- What is image clipping path and Clipping Path Services?
- Mastering Clipping Path is the decisive game changer for photo editors
- Upgrade your home with HWisel’s independent EV charging system - HWisel
- How Does Medical Coding Work? What Does a Medical Coder Do?
- Unique Strategies Today’s Top Medical Organizations Use to Maximize Revenue
- Educational Translation – Tricks Of The Trade
- Energy-Efficient Commercial Roofing System
- Killing Germs with Powerful, yet Safe Chlorine Dioxide