Nuggets of wisdom in writing a literature essay
- Author Sarah Walker
- Published July 30, 2012
- Word count 509
Writing a literature essay is almost inevitable if you are a student. As such tips in writing an award wining literature essay is like a glass of water in the wilderness. In this piece, we are going to look at the nuggets of wisdom that you must implement when writing a professional literature essay.
Nugget 1: Understanding a literature essay
A literature essay is a piece of writing that informs the reader by delivering a message based on literature. Keep it in mind that writing a literature essay does not play the role of persuading your reader but rather inform him or her. Its focal point is the subject of the essay and not the writer.
Nugget 2: About the literature essay subject
It must be manageable for the purposed length of your paper. Make sure that it is neither too narrow nor too broad.It must be engaging and relevant to the approach that you will give your essay.The advantage of writing a literature essay is that you can write about anything related to literature. This gives you the advantage to write on a topic that interests you.
Nugget 3: About the introduction
Your introduction must introduce your topic, name of the writer and work and it must end with a thesis statement. While a boring introduction simply puts your reader away, an interesting introduction captivates your reader to reading the rest of your essay. You must ensure to have the latter. Give a clear and full reference to the work and author you are writing about.
Nugget 4: Thesis statement
It states the central idea of your essay
Nugget 5: The body
Have a logical organization of your essay to enhance a progression of thoughts. To achieve this, use transitional words in the paragraphs of the entire essay
Base your ideas on facts.
Nugget 6: Conclusion
The conclusion is basically the summary of your main points.
It must have a sense of closure.
Nugget 7: Establishing the tone
Keep it in mind that when writing a literature essay, language and voice are the major aspects that contribute to the building of your tone.
Sense of language
Give attention to grammar, spelling, word choice and punctuation. Exhibit a greater sense of prose. Enhance a graceful language.
Have a voice of authority to win the trust of your readers. However, you do not have to write with a strictly formal voice. Use a conversational style of writing to engage your reader.
Nugget 8: Do’s in writing a literature essay
Demonstrate a convincing command of writing techniques. This will help you evince a sense of language.Proof read your essay. Document the information used from sources outsider the work of literature correctly. It is astute to use the MLA documentation style.
Format and reference your work correctly.
Punctuate quoted materials accurately
Use present tense
Use technical terms correctly
It is critical to be conversant with the standards and writing techniques expected in your essay writing
Build trust and authority with your readers by filling your essay with details and specific facts
Do not be boring.
Sarah Walker is a professional academic writer specializing in writing custom essays at Best Essay Service company. Visit the site and get the best essay writing help.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What Are the Most Common Errors When Proofreading an Essay?
- Cyber Security Certifications the New Frontier in the IT
- 10 Benefits of Working While Studying
- Want to Study Abroad? Check out the pros and cons of studying abroad!
- Urgent Finance Assignment Help
- How much Assignment Help is necessary for a student?
- Are you struggling to write an academic essay?
- Why quantitative analysis is the master key to a successful thesis
- Get Statistics Assignment Help Online
- Get Statistics Assignment Help
- Top 10 tips on how to combine your part-time work and studies in the UK
- Speculations on a Quantum Model of Gravity
- How To Avoid Plagiarism (Copy And Paste) In Research Writing
- What Is Research?
- The Most Effective Method To Choose A Good Project Topic
- Progressive IT universities in USA
- What is Free and Fair Election?
- How To Write A Final Year Research Project or Dissertation
- Academic Writing Tips - How to Write a Book Report for College Level
- The Difference between Online and Traditional Classes
- Risk management
- Do Current Law Students Need: Remedial Study; and Different External Bar Preparation?
- Proofreading Your Assignment
- Should I visit the College?
- Examples Of Economics Thesis and Dissertation Topic Ideas for American Students
- Selecting a psychology degree program - the Ph.D, Ed.D, Psy.D and Ed.S
- Is Global Education Accessible to Asian Students?
- Ways to do stress-free coursework writing
- How to find a job right out of University
- Choose the Best Marketing Dissertation Topic Using 3 Tricks