River Cruise Ships
- Author Graham Urquhart
- Published August 6, 2012
- Word count 404
In recent years, river cruises in Europe have seen a dramatic increase in popularity as people seek a more intimate experience than larger sea cruises. This more intimate, personable experience is mainly down to the smaller size of river cruise ships and the higher staff to passenger ratio. But what make a river cruise ship special? We take a look at some of the world’s finest river cruise ships.
The MS Lord Byron
The MS Lord Byron is a truly extraordinary river cruise ship and is undoubtedly one of the finest ships of its type in the world.
Constructed by famous Swiss ship builder, Scylla AG, the MS Lord Byron comfortable accommodates 140 passengers in cabins, suites and deluxe suites over three decks.
The MS Lord Byron also has two bars, a restaurant, a panorama lounge and a wellness centre.
The MS Swiss Corona
As soon you step aboard you are greeted by a strikingly sumptuous lobby adorned with opulent hardwoods, brass fittings and a sumptuous staircase.
The five star Swiss Corona consists of three decks, diamond, ruby and emerald, which can easily hold 139 guests in the ultimate luxury. The Swiss Corona also has two lounges where passengers can relax. The Lido Lounge consists of a small bar, library and outside areas where passengers can enjoy the passing scenery. The Forward Observation Lounge consist of a bar and is furnished with chairs, settees, tables and panoramic windows to enjoy the views.
The Swiss Corona also has an excellent restaurant, sauna, steamroom and solarium.
The MS Swiss Pearl
Originally launched in 1993, the Swiss owned MS Swiss Pearl was completely re-built in 2006 to luxurious standards. Over two decks the Swiss Pearl has a maximum passenger complement of only 120. This means that there is less than four guests to every crew member.
Each cabin is 14 square metres in size, has panoramic windows and all feature hotel style beds.
The MS Swiss Pearl also includes an indoor pool, restaurant, bar and panorama lounge.
The MV Serenade 2
Launched in 2007, the MV Serenade 2 uses wood and glass extensively to create a sumptuously modern and spacious atmosphere.
Split over three decks, Chopin, Mozart and Beethoven, the MV Serenade 2 can comfortably accommodate 134 passengers in ultimate luxury.
Most unusually for a river cruise ship the MV Serenade 2 comes equipped with a fitness suite complete with gym equipment, sauna and table tennis room. The ship also comes with a restaurant, library, lounge and bar.
There are no posted comments.
- Strange Things may Surprise you about North Korea
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek
- Why Compare Cheap Airport Parking Valet Amenities for Vehicle Safety
- Everest base camp trek guide
- How to prepare for Annapurna base camp trek
- Manaslu Larke La pass Trekking
- 10 Wine Tasting Tips and Tricks for Napa Valley
- 6 Best National Parks In The Usa To Visit In Spring
- Migrating to Russia - All you need to know
- Russia travel tips - is it safe to travel to russia ?
- Things to Do in Dalat at Night
- The Best Nightlife Activities in Mui Ne
- Places to Visit at Night in Phu Quoc, Vietnam
- Everest Base Camp Trek Via Gokyo Lake
- Nightlife Destinations in Hai Phong Vietnam
- Three Reasons You'll Want to Fly With Just a Carry-On Bag
- How to travel with a pet to Vietnam
- 4 Tips When Choosing a Carry-on Bag
- Kickstart Your Paragliding Career With These Quick Tips
- 5 Places for Great Third Wave Coffee in Barcelona
- Flying by private jet is not an indulgence, reserved for of the social elite
- Top 10 Essentials for an Enjoyable Motorcycle Camping Trip
- The Best Activities for Bristol Stag Parties
- Apply for India tourist visa?
- 8 Tips to be a savvy dental tourist and enjoy your dental vacation in Vietnam
- Tips for a Safe and Trouble Free Motorcycle Camping Trip
- Top ten hen party destinations
- Are Boating Holidays the Best Holidays?
- Travel Rewards Roundup: August 2019
- Benefits of Traveling by Train