Steps on How to Acquire Pharmacy Technician Certification Online
- Author Josh Garver
- Published September 24, 2012
- Word count 447
Pharmacy technicians are jobs that are vital to the healthcare industry. Because of a greater demand for pharmaceuticals and rapid growth within the field, technicians today perform duties that were once reserved for pharmacists. According to the U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics, it is being projected that the demand for technicians could soar to 376,000 technicians by the year 2016. Those with certifications; however, will be getting significantly higher salaries and better opportunities than non-certified techs. There are several online certification programs for those who wish to become certified pharmacy technicians.
Eligibility for Certification
Certification candidates must meet nationally imposed eligibility requirements. To begin with, candidates should either possess General Education Diploma (GED) or a high school diploma and should have attained the age of 18. A passing score on the certification exam is required and candidates must be in good standing with the State Board of Pharmacy. All candidates must notify the board of any criminal records and all actions put forth by the Board of Pharmacy are mandatory. Applicants who have criminal records and felony drug charges are immediately disqualified from consideration.
Pharmacy Technician Courses
Prospective pharmacy should be conversant with several areas. The course syllabus is structured in such a manner that it prepares candidates with requisite knowledge and skills so that they can assists pharmacists with different medical techniques such as dosing and labeling medications, understanding the human anatomy, and other general administrative support. Typical online certification prep courses may include introductory and advanced study in pharmacology, pharmacy calculations and pharmacy technician practice, in addition to courses exploring career options.
Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam
The certification exam is a 90 question multiple-choice test that challenges the candidates' knowledge in the following areas: Medication and inventory control systems, pharmaceutical assistance, General administrational duties, and the management of pharmacy practice. Students may take up to 110 minutes to complete the exam at one of 220 national Pearson VUE test centers. Testing is available throughout the year and candidates may retake the exam as often as needed to pass. Students are also permitted to take the exam as often as necessary. Additionally, there are fees associated with the exams.
Selecting the Best Program
Reputable online pharmacy technician certification programs should be accredited by a pharmacist-recognized certifying institution such as the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA). A program that is legitimate usually offers practice tests and study materials. Whenever selecting programs, you should begin by weeding out programs that feign immediate job placement in exchange of fees. Even legitimate online programs cannot guarantee employment. Before starting an pharmacy technician certification online program, it may be a good idea to do some research to ensure companies accept certifications that are done online.
If you'd like to learn more about online pharmacy technician certification options, please visit our website at pharmacy technician certification online.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What Are the Most Common Errors When Proofreading an Essay?
- Cyber Security Certifications the New Frontier in the IT
- 10 Benefits of Working While Studying
- Want to Study Abroad? Check out the pros and cons of studying abroad!
- Urgent Finance Assignment Help
- How much Assignment Help is necessary for a student?
- Are you struggling to write an academic essay?
- Why quantitative analysis is the master key to a successful thesis
- Get Statistics Assignment Help Online
- Get Statistics Assignment Help
- Top 10 tips on how to combine your part-time work and studies in the UK
- Speculations on a Quantum Model of Gravity
- How To Avoid Plagiarism (Copy And Paste) In Research Writing
- What Is Research?
- The Most Effective Method To Choose A Good Project Topic
- Progressive IT universities in USA
- What is Free and Fair Election?
- How To Write A Final Year Research Project or Dissertation
- Academic Writing Tips - How to Write a Book Report for College Level
- The Difference between Online and Traditional Classes
- Risk management
- Do Current Law Students Need: Remedial Study; and Different External Bar Preparation?
- Proofreading Your Assignment
- Should I visit the College?
- Examples Of Economics Thesis and Dissertation Topic Ideas for American Students
- Selecting a psychology degree program - the Ph.D, Ed.D, Psy.D and Ed.S
- Is Global Education Accessible to Asian Students?
- Ways to do stress-free coursework writing
- How to find a job right out of University
- Choose the Best Marketing Dissertation Topic Using 3 Tricks