What Are Italy's Tourist Attractions?
- Author Farazila Abu
- Published September 4, 2012
- Word count 505
Italy is home to some of the world's greatest artifacts, delicious food and wine. Italy's tourist attractions are mostly concentrated within their three major cities, Rome, Florence and Venice. Rome is littered with wonderful palaces, grand romantic ruins, millennium-old churches and basilicas, opulent monuments and ornate statues makes Rome one of Europe's and the world's most visited city. Florence, the capital of the region of Tuscany in Italy is where the Italian Renaissance was born. It is home to beautiful piazzas, elegant palaces and gorgeous villas in the countryside. Venice is virtually the same as it was six hundred years ago. With its stunning architecture, the canals and its mysterious passageways, Venice is one of the most captivating cities in the world.
Vatican City which is also known as the Holy See is a tiny independent state located within central Rome. Here is where you can find most of Italy's famous tourist attractions such as the Catholic Church, the Vatican Museums, St. Peter's Basilica and Michelangelo's Sistine ceiling
Fashion and style in Milan
Milan is the center of the world famous furniture and clothing design. Browse the boutiques of quadrilatero della moda, along and around Via Montenapoleone and get yourself updated with the latest trends in the fashion world
Venice Basilica di San Marco, Palazzo Ducale and Grand Canal
In Venice, check out the Basilica di San Marco which is without a doubt, the most beautiful Byzantine church in the West. Basilica di San Marco lies in the eastern end of Piazza San Marco and just beside it is the Venetian Gothic Palazzo Ducale(Doge's Palace), a gorgeous palace built in Venetian Gothic style, one of the famous landmarks in the city of Venice. And finally, hop on a gondola or a water bus and complete your visit to Venice with a ride down Venice's Grand Canal.
The Roman Forum and The Colosseum are ancient Rome's remarkable ruins and two of Italy's famous tourist attractions. Check out the museums and view Rome's exquisite collection of ancient art and don't forget to drop by Campidoglio, with a piazza designed by Michelangelo. Michelangelo's magnificent Piazza del Campidoglio is flanked by the Palazzo dei Conservatori and Palazzo Nuovo, housing the Capitoline Museum with its wonderful collections of paintings and sculptures.
Galleria degli Uffizi, Florence
The Uffizi Gallery is one of the oldest and most famous Renaissance art's hall of fame located in Florence, Italy. This museum contains the masterpieces of Leonardo, Raphael, Michelangelo, Botticelli, Caravaggio and dozens of other luminaries.
The massive dome of Florence's Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, located in Piazza del Duomo, is one of the world's great feats of engineering. The cathedral which includes the Baptistery and Giotto's Campanile are part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site
Piazza del Campo, Siena.
Siena is Tuscany's classic medieval hill town, and its heart is the Piazza del Campo, regarded as one of Europe's greatest one-of-a-kind town square. Piazza del Campo is renowned worldwide for its architectural integrity and beauty
View beautiful photos of Venice and other photos of Italy's tourist attractions by clicking the link below:-
Flyme2u.com offers vacation advice, travel ideas and photos of top destinations. You can find wide selection of flights, hotels and vacation packages and also travel necessities such as travel insuranceArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Delicious Culinary Tourism in Medan
- How can you make new friends in travel countries .
- Will you Travel After Covid-19 crisis ends?
- Strange Things may Surprise you about North Korea
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek
- Why Compare Cheap Airport Parking Valet Amenities for Vehicle Safety
- Everest base camp trek guide
- How to prepare for Annapurna base camp trek
- Manaslu Larke La pass Trekking
- 10 Wine Tasting Tips and Tricks for Napa Valley
- 6 Best National Parks In The Usa To Visit In Spring
- Migrating to Russia - All you need to know
- Russia travel tips - is it safe to travel to russia ?
- Things to Do in Dalat at Night
- The Best Nightlife Activities in Mui Ne
- Places to Visit at Night in Phu Quoc, Vietnam
- Everest Base Camp Trek Via Gokyo Lake
- Nightlife Destinations in Hai Phong Vietnam
- Three Reasons You'll Want to Fly With Just a Carry-On Bag
- How to travel with a pet to Vietnam
- 4 Tips When Choosing a Carry-on Bag
- Kickstart Your Paragliding Career With These Quick Tips
- 5 Places for Great Third Wave Coffee in Barcelona
- Flying by private jet is not an indulgence, reserved for of the social elite
- Top 10 Essentials for an Enjoyable Motorcycle Camping Trip
- The Best Activities for Bristol Stag Parties
- Apply for India tourist visa?
- 8 Tips to be a savvy dental tourist and enjoy your dental vacation in Vietnam
- Tips for a Safe and Trouble Free Motorcycle Camping Trip
- Top ten hen party destinations