Tips on Becoming a Mobile Hairdresser
- Author Harvey Mcewan
- Published November 14, 2012
- Word count 460
Fed up of working at a large and busy salon? Feel like being your own boss for a change? Becoming a mobile hairdresser is no easy feet but if you have the confidence and resources to start your own business, do it. It can be very rewarding!
Getting the Word Out
Think about your target audience and the best ways to approach them. People seeking mobile hairdressers could be stay-at-home mums, the elderly, people with disabilities, brides and bridesmaids, and others for whom it is important to find a hairdresser who can come to their home or venue.
Start spreading the word through friends and acquaintances. It could be worth offering special deals to your first ten clients or so. Always make sure to deliver good service as you can't risk damaging your reputation if your mood is a bit off.
If you're familiar with various social networks such as Facebook and Twitter, set up accounts for your business and use trending hashtags to tap into local audiences. It's also worth looking into joining forums and directories. For example, there are many of these for mums and the disabled.
Keeping Yourself Organised
Keeping yourself organised is vital to business success. In order for you to be able to focus on hairdressing, think about employing an accountant or bookkeeper to take care of your finances and tax. It's worth consulting a professional before launching your business.
Make sure you keep an appointment diary, and always have it on you so you don't risk double booking clients.
Keep your equipment in check, always making sure you have the necessary items for your next appointment, depending on the service you'll be delivering: cutting, dyeing, blow drying or the like.
It's also worth keeping some of your diplomas or certificates on hand, especially if visiting new clients. They may wish to see proof that you're qualified for the job.
Gaining New Skills
To stay ahead of the competition and show you really care about your job, attend the occasional course to gain some new skills and knowledge. Heard of a new technique for creating highlights? Look out for courses being held in your area.
You could also attend conferences and seminars further afield to gain valuable contacts and experience.
If you are using social media for advertising, be sure to mention these courses. You should also drop them into conversation when chatting to your clients.
Renewing Your Equipment
Don't let your hair salon equipment get outdated. Old tools won't leave a good impression on your clients so be sure to regularly inspect all your equipment to spot any signs of ageing.
For example, scissors can go rusty and electricals can simply start looking outdated considering the speed at which the industry releases new products.
Harvey McEwan is knowledgeable in the fields of hair salon equipment and setting up home businesses.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Locksmith 4 U - Keypad Door Lock
- How to Earn a 6-Figure Side-Income online from Affiliate marketing
- 7 Cool Landscaping Ideas for Dubai Residences
- Affiliate Marketing: Building Affiliate Marketing Websites The Easy Way
- Online Sales Mean Cash for Affiliates
- 5 Must-Have Components of an Email Marketing Campaign
- Can You Make Money Off YouTube — Of Course
- What makes GNLD Super 10 multi-purpose tick?
- Common Myths in Freelancing
- How to Make Money With Your Own Adult Website
- The AI Content Revolution is starting without you!
- Advantages of Having a Home-Based Job
- Black Homeownership: How Past Inequalities are the Cause of Today’s Inequities
- UNITED Garage Door Repair
- There's Big Money In THE FACTS ABOUT NETWORK MARKETING
- Properties of Self Compacting Concrete Mix
- How to make more money from your investment property?
- Have you had enough of the daily 9 to 5 grind for little money and wondered how easy it would be to start an online business?
- 3 Ways to Profit in Lock Down
- How A Cup Of Tea Make You Millionaire/Rich?
- Transform Pic to Word and Create Personalized Photo Gifts for Special Occasions
- Turn Picture Into Words to Get Unique, Cool Gift Items
- how to rank youtube videos in 2020
- Balancing the levels of indoor humidity is crucial - HWisel
- How To Develop A Brand Strategy
- My Transitioning Story: Office-Based to Virtual Working
- Add Extra Charisma to Your Wedding with These Table Centrepieces
- Best Steps for Improvements in Commercial Real Estate Business.
- Commercial Real Estate Property - Halsey Real Estate
- Advice On How To Be More Successful At Blogging