Effective Ways to Relieve Pain and Overcome the Discomfort Associated with It
- Author Alan Byron
- Published December 24, 2012
- Word count 517
Any type of pain is stressful and affects one’s routine activities. Read on for some effective treatments to relieve pain.
There are several factors which cause lots of discomfort and pain. Pain may be mild, moderate or severe in nature. Almost all pain subsides in time; however chronic pain may last for months or even years.
Pain is of many types; including joint pain, headaches, back pain, arthritis pain, sciatica, pelvic pain, muscle pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, or neck pain just to name a few. Mentioned below are a few effective treatments that help relieve pain.
Effective Treatments for Pain Relief
Trigger Point Injections: This procedure is utilized to treat painful areas of muscles that contain trigger points of pain. This procedure entails the healthcare professional injecting local anesthesia; which causes the trigger points to become inactive, thereby alleviating the pain.
Physical Therapy: Frequently known as physiotherapy, physical therapy helps in relieving pain by using techniques which improve movement and function. Physical therapy comprises of specialties like cardiopulmonary, neurological, pediatric, orthopedic and geriatric physiotherapy.
Alternative Treatments: Though alternative treatments are usually criticized by doctors, they are commonly used by a large number of people who consider these treatments very effective. These alternative treatments comprise acupressure, acupuncture, massage, mind-body therapies, chiropractic therapies, herbal therapies, therapeutic touch, etc.
Bioelectric Therapy: This therapy eases pain by blocking the messages which register sensation to the brain. This is achieved by prompting the body to generate chemicals called endorphins that decrease and get rid of painful sensations.
Treatment using Medication
Pain relieving medicines are the most commonly selected treatment for mild, moderate and chronic pains. There are many prescription and OTC drugs that help treat pain.
These medications include:
- Local Anesthetics
- Analgesics (pain relievers)
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are utilized in treating mild forms of pain. NSAIDs and Acetaminophen medicines ease the pain which is caused because of muscle aches and stiffness; however NSAIDs can even help reduce inflammation. Analgesic medications like Ultram are frequently prescribed to treat moderate to moderately severe pain.
Ultram is a synthetic analgesic pain-relieving medicine that works by binding itself to receptors within the brain. This negates the process that transmits the sensation of pain through the whole body.
Unlike some other medicines, Ultram will not increase risks of stomach ulcerations and hence it is amongst the preferred medications to relieve pain. But, consult a healthcare professional prior to using Ultram or any other treatment options for pain relief.
There are some topical pain relievers which are available in the form of sprays and creams that can be applied directly to the affected area to relieve pain.
These are some effective treatment options which patients can choose for pain relief. These treatment methods are quite effective and help individuals get over the discomfort and pain linked with certain ailments. If any specific pain has not subsided and persists for more than 3 months, consult a doctor and get it checked immediately.
If over-the-counter drugs do not offer relief, doctors will prescribe stronger drugs like Ultram, or other prescription muscle relaxants and NSAIDs.
Alan Byron lives a beautiful and a healthy life with his sweetheart wife Susan and son Mark. An ardent health conscience, Alan talks about lowering bad cholesterol, asthma and allergies precautions, abnormal blood clots, respiratory issues, relieving pain and so on.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Excision of Mucocele Using Dental DIODE LASER
- Everything you need to know about CBD oil
- Acupuncture in London
- None of Us Are Above the Placebo Effect
- What Role Does a Hospital Chargemaster Play in Revenue Cycle Management?
- Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) Trends for 2020
- What to do when you have a Toothache
- Super Vidalista
- Clinical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well
- What Are Uses, Doses And Side Effects Of Xenical
- Save Thousands by Getting Veneers Done in Colombia
- Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Bone Regeneration: All You Need to Know
- What Is Dilaudid?
- What Is Diazepam?
- Benefits And Uses Of CBD Oil
- CBD and Fitness: A Match Made in Heaven?
- How to Incorporate CBD into Your Daily Routine
- Does the rain on the plain increase your pain?
- Arthritis Isn't for the Weak
- Infertility In the West Is Becoming An Increasing Problem
- Which is the safer consumption of pill- oral or vaginal administration?
- 5 Common Types Of Arthritis
- What is Lortab?
- How Can Cannabis Help People With Multiple Sclerosis?
- 6 Ways to Find the Best Pediatrician for Your Kids- JPCKIDS
- Eat Right to Beat Cancer with Diet
- ADHD Medications – Are You Getting The Full Story And Giving Your Child The Best Possible Treatment?
- How this New Medical Device Could Help Save a Hundred Thousand American Lives Annually
- What Is CBD?