Las Vegas Travelers Take advantage of Trips to the Grand Canyon
- Author Justine Moriarity
- Published December 10, 2012
- Word count 653
Vacationers in Las Vegas usually find so many fun things to do there they don't think of going any place else. That's a mistake that you'll want to avoid. A trip to Vegas is simply not complete unless you take a tour to the Grand Canyon. Your trip will be even more fun and unforgettable if you experience the thrill of the canyon in your itinerary.
You can see the canyon in several ways include tour by plane, chopper or bus. Those are the three most popular choices if you are leaving from Las Vegas based upon your budget and the amount of time you want to spend. If you can spend all day going to the canyon, then choose a scenic bus tour, but if your time is limited, choose a quick helicopter or plane tour. Bus tours are the cheapest, helicopter tours are the most expensive, and airplane tours fall in between.
While bus tours are great for people on tight budgets, they are also ideal for people who don't want to fly. The tours by bus can go to either the South Rim or the West Rim. The West Rim is a 2-hour bus ride away while the South Rim takes 5 hours. No matter which of these bus tours you choose, from start to finish it will take over 12 hours. That's why I recommend you avoid making any show or dinner reservations that evening.
Personally, I think the helicopter tours are jam-packed with thrills and give you the most rewarding Grand Canyon experience. Direct helicopter flights from Vegas to Grand Canyon West where the West Rim is, take place every day except for Christmas Day. There aren't any direct helicopter flights from Vegas to the South Rim, so you'll need to book a combo tour that also includes a bus ride or a plane flight if you're starting out from Vegas and you want a South Rim helicopter tour. The plane will provide the quickest and most convenient option. You can get to the South Rim in 45 minutes if you go by airplane, but it will take you 5 hours if you go by bus.
For your helicopter tour, you can take an air-only tour or you can choose to land. Landing tours land on top of the canyon, except at the West Rim where they can descend to the floor below. You can also upgrade and add fun activities like a visit to the glass Skywalk and a boat ride down the Colorado River. Landing tours are certainly the most exciting way to see the canyon if you have the time and money to spend. They provide a more fulfilling, comprehensive canyon experience. If that's not an option, air-only tours will give you panoramic, birds-eye views of the National Park.
Air-only and landing versions of airplane tours are also available. If you are short on time, then the airplane is the fastest way to get the Grand Canyon. The airplanes are fairly large and can hold nineteen passengers. They are made for sightseeing. Their windows are huge and the wings are connected on top of the plane so they don't get in the way of the view.
If you are vacationing with a group of friends or large family, going by airplane is probably best. The plane tours cost less and they hold more people because only six can fly on a helicopter at one time. You can usually get your whole group on the same airplane, even if you go during peak travel months.
A Las Vegas Grand Canyon tour includes complimentary hotel pickup and drop-off, lunch (except air-only chopper and plane flights), the services of a highly trained guide, and all taxes and park fees. The tour operator plans your entire trip. Being all-inclusive, the tours provide all you need at a great value. Las Vegas Grand Canyon tours deliver a remarkable experience, and I highly recommend them.
All set to explore? First, read this page for crucial information about Grand Canyon trips. Next, go here and quickly learn how to get these fabulous trips at inexpensive rates: http://www.grandcanyon123.com/best-deals.htmlArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Strange Things may Surprise you about North Korea
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek
- Why Compare Cheap Airport Parking Valet Amenities for Vehicle Safety
- Everest base camp trek guide
- How to prepare for Annapurna base camp trek
- Manaslu Larke La pass Trekking
- 10 Wine Tasting Tips and Tricks for Napa Valley
- 6 Best National Parks In The Usa To Visit In Spring
- Migrating to Russia - All you need to know
- Russia travel tips - is it safe to travel to russia ?
- Things to Do in Dalat at Night
- The Best Nightlife Activities in Mui Ne
- Places to Visit at Night in Phu Quoc, Vietnam
- Everest Base Camp Trek Via Gokyo Lake
- Nightlife Destinations in Hai Phong Vietnam
- Three Reasons You'll Want to Fly With Just a Carry-On Bag
- How to travel with a pet to Vietnam
- 4 Tips When Choosing a Carry-on Bag
- Kickstart Your Paragliding Career With These Quick Tips
- 5 Places for Great Third Wave Coffee in Barcelona
- Flying by private jet is not an indulgence, reserved for of the social elite
- Top 10 Essentials for an Enjoyable Motorcycle Camping Trip
- The Best Activities for Bristol Stag Parties
- Apply for India tourist visa?
- 8 Tips to be a savvy dental tourist and enjoy your dental vacation in Vietnam
- Tips for a Safe and Trouble Free Motorcycle Camping Trip
- Top ten hen party destinations
- Are Boating Holidays the Best Holidays?
- Travel Rewards Roundup: August 2019
- Benefits of Traveling by Train