Plan Your Spring Holidays in Advance
- Author Harvey Mcewan
- Published January 21, 2013
- Word count 436
How time flies! It seems like only yesterday we were ringing in the New Year, yet soon enough we'll be in the midst of spring. This year, be organised and plan your spring holidays in advance.
Choosing Your Destination
It's worth scouting the internet to see what destinations have been touted as the must-sees of 2013.
CNN has named Scotland as its top travel destination for 2013. The northern beauty offers visitors ample opportunities for city breaks in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen and elsewhere, as well as outdoor holidays in the Highlands and Islands, and the Borders.
The Independent recommends you visit the exotic destinations of Montenegro and Iceland, while Conde Nast suggests you pay Brazil or The Philippines a visit. All wonderful places for independent travellers, couples and families.
Try to ensure you have at least a week to spend in your destination of choice, particularly if travelling to another continent. You need to keep jet lag in mind too.
It's quite common for travel companies, like others to offer discounts in the month of January. The sales period usually applies to holidays booked for the first half of the year, so this is perfect for anyone looking to travel in spring.
See if you can snap up a good all inclusive deal or upgrade to a pricier hotel than you'd normally choose.
Spring Holiday Wardrobe and Footwear
The weather in spring can be very unpredictable, especially in northern countries like Scotland and Iceland, with fluctuating temperatures, occasional showers and potentially even surprise snow, depending on where you've chosen to go. You're best off packing for all eventualities.
Layering is key to getting your spring wardrobe just right. These can be added and removed according to the temperature. Start with some simple base layers like a cotton T-shirt or a stretchy vest top and build your way up from there with cardigans and jumpers. It's well worth taking some chunky knitwear as mornings and evenings can get very chilly. A waterproof top layer is essential. If heading on a city break, bring a trendy mac, but for the great outdoors choose a sturdy waterproof jacket from a specialist outdoors retailer.
In terms of footwear, a good idea is to bring a pair of wellington boots. Teamed with the appropriate clothing, these can be worn both in the great outdoors and in the city. Pack a short or foldable style to take up less space in your luggage.
For evening outings, pack a pair of leather loafers or brogues. These will satisfy most dress codes, even if you're planning to head out for a special meal or a performance.
Harvey McEwan writes to offer information on a variety of areas, from festival fashion to why it's worth packing a pair of wellington boots for your holiday. View Harvey's other articles to find out more.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Delicious Culinary Tourism in Medan
- How can you make new friends in travel countries .
- Will you Travel After Covid-19 crisis ends?
- Strange Things may Surprise you about North Korea
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek
- Why Compare Cheap Airport Parking Valet Amenities for Vehicle Safety
- Everest base camp trek guide
- How to prepare for Annapurna base camp trek
- Manaslu Larke La pass Trekking
- 10 Wine Tasting Tips and Tricks for Napa Valley
- 6 Best National Parks In The Usa To Visit In Spring
- Migrating to Russia - All you need to know
- Russia travel tips - is it safe to travel to russia ?
- Things to Do in Dalat at Night
- The Best Nightlife Activities in Mui Ne
- Places to Visit at Night in Phu Quoc, Vietnam
- Everest Base Camp Trek Via Gokyo Lake
- Nightlife Destinations in Hai Phong Vietnam
- Three Reasons You'll Want to Fly With Just a Carry-On Bag
- How to travel with a pet to Vietnam
- 4 Tips When Choosing a Carry-on Bag
- Kickstart Your Paragliding Career With These Quick Tips
- 5 Places for Great Third Wave Coffee in Barcelona
- Flying by private jet is not an indulgence, reserved for of the social elite
- Top 10 Essentials for an Enjoyable Motorcycle Camping Trip
- The Best Activities for Bristol Stag Parties
- Apply for India tourist visa?
- 8 Tips to be a savvy dental tourist and enjoy your dental vacation in Vietnam
- Tips for a Safe and Trouble Free Motorcycle Camping Trip
- Top ten hen party destinations