The City Of Doha, Home Of Qatar's Hidden Marina's
- Author Harvey Mcewan
- Published February 14, 2013
- Word count 399
Doha, the capital city of Qatar is a hidden gem within a growing part of the world that often gets out-shadowed by it's neighbours. With the United Arab Emirates featuring many attractive locations, it can be easy for those unfamiliar with the Middle East to focus on only those locations that they know.
Doha currently caters for 60% of the population, in Qatar. The city dates back to 1825, when it was known as Al-Bidda, and has a rich history that involves wars, periods of depression and economic exports, such as fishing and pearling. Today the region is primarily known for it's export of oil and natural gas.
With the recent speed of development along with urbanisation and extravagance being added to the mix, Doha is able to compete with those nearby cities and countries and therefore tempting many different types of tourists. It has fantastic endless beaches, scattered with sand bars and swimming opportunities. Is hotels, beautiful harbours as well as the great deal of natural beauty and impressive modern architecture also attract thousands of tourists year after year.
In the last eight years the economy has experienced outstanding growth and it is now widely known that the country is becoming one of the fastest-developing in the world, something clearly shown by its ability to produce world leading marinas. Including their modern amenities and state of the art sporting facilities, of which all feature within a soaring backdrop of towering skyscrapers and sculpted sand dunes. A country that offers only the best.
As stated, Doha is a key destination for marinas and a mixture of other water sports, something which has always been very important to Qatar's residents. This lively city has a bustling sports calendar, all year round, from global show jumping championships to ice hockey and marina festivals. If it's a yachting lifestyle destination you are looking for then there is definitely no shortage of marinas in Qatar.
It is worth noting that Qatar is only a single location that provides world class boating activities. Only a short distance away there are also many other quality marinas available. Here is a brief selection of the near-by marinas that the Middle East has to offer:
The Yas Marina in Abu Dhabi – Positioned in parallel to Abu Dhabi's Formula 1 Race Track.
Almouj Marina in Oman – A venue created for sailing enthusiasts and an ideal venue for sporting events.
Harvey McEwan provides information and advice on a variety of areas from picking the perfect holiday location to giving tips on marinas in Qatar, and other marinas around the world. View Harvey's other articles to find out more.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 5 Ways to Spice Up Your Japan Travel Itinerary
- Things To Consider When You Go Work in Magaluf For The Summer
- Top-10 Cardiff Attractions
- Using the Public Transport Systems in Paris
- How To Travel In Style And Not Spend A Fortune Along The Way
- What Visa to Issue for a Foreigner for a Short Trip to Russia?
- 25 Africa safari myths and misconceptions
- Delicious Culinary Tourism in Medan
- How can you make new friends in travel countries .
- Will you Travel After Covid-19 crisis ends?
- Strange Things may Surprise you about North Korea
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek
- Why Compare Cheap Airport Parking Valet Amenities for Vehicle Safety
- Everest base camp trek guide
- How to prepare for Annapurna base camp trek
- Manaslu Larke La pass Trekking
- 10 Wine Tasting Tips and Tricks for Napa Valley
- 6 Best National Parks In The Usa To Visit In Spring
- Migrating to Russia - All you need to know
- Russia travel tips - is it safe to travel to russia ?
- Things to Do in Dalat at Night
- The Best Nightlife Activities in Mui Ne
- Places to Visit at Night in Phu Quoc, Vietnam
- Everest Base Camp Trek Via Gokyo Lake
- Nightlife Destinations in Hai Phong Vietnam
- Three Reasons You'll Want to Fly With Just a Carry-On Bag
- How to travel with a pet to Vietnam
- 4 Tips When Choosing a Carry-on Bag
- Kickstart Your Paragliding Career With These Quick Tips
- 5 Places for Great Third Wave Coffee in Barcelona