How to Set Up a Home-Based Hairdressing Business
- Author Harvey Mcewan
- Published February 15, 2013
- Word count 432
Do you prefer the idea of working for yourself in your own home rather than working for someone else in a hairdressing salon? It's an achievable dream! Becoming your own boss does take time and investment, but can be really rewarding, both financially and morally.
The Planning Stage
For details on how to register your business, obtain necessary licenses and funding if applicable, speak to representatives of your local HMRC department and council.
Once you've sorted out the legalities and have been given the go-ahead, it's time to start spreading the word. These days social media is an excellent and free means of advertising. Check if your local library has any upcoming seminars on using social media for businesses. Many do.
Ideally, you should have a room in your home that you can permanently transform into a salon space. A room that doubles up as a salon won't leave the best impression on your clients.
Focus on the interior and add finishing touches like freshly cut flowers, mood lighting and candles. This will contribute to the atmosphere and customer experience. Put your certificates and diplomas on display too to really instil trust in your clients.
The salon should be clean and quiet. Family members should be told to keep out, particularly during appointments. If you have children, ensure a babysitter or your partner is keeping an eye on them so you don't have to juggle responsibilities.
Something to keep in mind is bathroom access. Your clients may need to use the facilities at some point. Ensure they don't have to traipse through your home to get there.
Water mains are also important for you to be able to wash your clients' hair. Ideally, you should invest in a wash unit but worst comes to worst use a shower extension and a sink. Ensure your customers will be comfortable no matter what.
A styling unit and a hydraulic chair are the very basics you'll need to invest in. Make sure these match the interior.
Depending on the range of services you're planning to offer, you may need additional equipment such as a mobile dryer and trolleys. Stock up on tools such as scissors, combs and hair clips, as well as shampoo, hair dye, perming fluid and other treatments.
Ensure you have ample space for all your hairdressing equipment and hair products. Store dye and other treatments at the right temperature.
Keep your equipment clean at all times. The state of cleanliness in your salon can make it or break it for your business. Customers and authorities care for hygiene.
Harvey McEwan knows his stuff about hairdressing equipment and so much more. Read his articles online.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
- Properties of Self Compacting Concrete Mix
- How to make more money from your investment property?
- Have you had enough of the daily 9 to 5 grind for little money and wondered how easy it would be to start an online business?
- 3 Ways to Profit in Lock Down
- How A Cup Of Tea Make You Millionaire/Rich?
- Transform Pic to Word and Create Personalized Photo Gifts for Special Occasions
- Turn Picture Into Words to Get Unique, Cool Gift Items
- how to rank youtube videos in 2020
- Balancing the levels of indoor humidity is crucial - HWisel
- How To Develop A Brand Strategy
- My Transitioning Story: Office-Based to Virtual Working
- Add Extra Charisma to Your Wedding with These Table Centrepieces
- Best Steps for Improvements in Commercial Real Estate Business.
- Commercial Real Estate Property - Halsey Real Estate
- Advice On How To Be More Successful At Blogging
- Advice For Your New Tech Blogging Business Is Here
- How to Become a Winemaker
- Three Basic Ways To Keep Your Oven Clean
- Reasons for Using Floor Screeds
- The Uses of Screeds For The Purpose Of Laying Final Flooring
- Why Hire a Waste Disposal Professional?
- Conservatories Essex Homeowners Love
- Some of the Things to Consider When Replacing Your Windows
- Home Depot coupons: Refresh your home space at price as you wish
- Mississauga Home Staging Rental Company
- The Benefit Of Using Newark Airport Car Service
- Using Black Wool Serge to Transform Every Performance on Stage
- Beginners guide to printer types and its functions
- Why Extreme House Sales Could Be For You
- Is it Time for Floor Deep Cleaning?