From Wellies To Glowsticks: Top Festival Gear For This Summer
- Author Harvey Mcewan
- Published March 1, 2013
- Word count 615
If you’re going to a music festival this summer, now is the time to start thinking about what you’re going to pack. Packing for a festival requires care and precision - so you have everything you need for a fun and safe weekend, without overloading yourself with too many items.
Not sure where to start? With a mix of common sense and good research, you’ll be able to pack all the essentials you’ll require for a comfortable festival experience – plus a few extras.
Your essential festival kit
The most important thing to pack in your essential festival kit is a place to sleep. If you’re taking a tent, make sure you know how to set it up before getting to the festival as it will save you time. You’ll also need a sleeping bag and an air mat. Many festival-goers consider air mats to be non-essential, but having one will ensure that you have a better night’s sleep, as well as protecting you from damp or muddy ground.
Next, spend time considering your clothing. If you’re going to a festival in the UK, the likelihood is that the forecast will be uncertain so make sure you pack for rain and sun. For girls, shorts or a short skirt are handy – they’ll keep you cool in warm weather and if temperatures drop, they can easily be paired with a pair of tights or leggings. Boys should opt for shorts or cropped trousers. Generally, jeans are best avoided as they can get damp and heavy if the ground is muddy. And for footwear, waterproof wellington boots are essential though it’s advisable to pack a pair of sandals too in case of a hot spell.
You also need to think about food and drink. A large bottle or canister for water is vital – without water, you’ll be vulnerable to fainting which can be very dangerous in large festival crowds. There’s often good food available at festivals, but queues can be long and stalls might not always be open when you’re at your most hungry. So pack a range of foods that won’t spoil easily over the weekend: think fruit, crisps, dried meat, muesli bars and chocolate. Instant noodles are also worth packing as there will usually be somewhere you can get boiling water on the festival site.
And finally, consider your personal hygiene. You’re unlikely to have a chance to shower, so leave expensive hair products at home. Instead, pack some dry shampoo or talcum powder to treat oily hair, or use a scarf to disguise any dirt. Sunscreen is also essential, especially if the weather forecast is good. Festivals can be very grimy affairs too, so you’ll be grateful for antibacterial gel and baby wipes. And don’t forget about your ears – it’s damaging to be around loud music for such sustained periods of time so have earplugs on hand at all time. As well as protecting your ear drums, they’ll also help you sleep in your tent when your neighbours are still partying.
Accessories to get the party started
Of course, packing for a festival isn’t just about ensuring your comfort – it’s also about making sure you have everything you need for a memorable event. Flags, fancy dress and face paint are popular with revellers and can help you stand out so your friends won’t lose you in the crowds. If you’re expecting a lot of late night revelry, accessories that glow are endless fun. Glow sticks, bracelets and even glow necklaces look great in the dark, while UV earrings are more subtly entertaining.
Harvey McEwan provides information and advice on a variety of areas, including ways lighten up a party, plus provide suitable information regarding interesting glow necklaces and other accessories. View Harvey's other articles to find out more.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- These cooking pots are best because they are both healthy and non-toxic
- Which Foods Increase Testosterone The Most?
- How Does Green Tea Help You Lose Weight?
- How Much Weight Can YOU Lose by Drinking Green Tea?
- When Is The Best Time To Drink Green Tea For Weight Loss?
- Climate Change Data Sets for Machine Learning
- Sentiment Analysis Tools and Services for Machine Learning
- Human Translation
- 12 Social Media Marketing Misconceptions to Understand
- How to Correctly Size For Replacement Windows
- Touch-and-Go Fathering Style
- Why you shouldn’t miss out on Grade 1 Ethiopian coffee
- Why and when did humankind switch to metal cookware, and what have been the effects?
- Here is where to get earthenware clay cooking pots in the USA
- Why is Wet Film and Dry Film Paint Measuring Crucial?
- How to Select a Good Yoga Training
- 5 Tips to Choose the Best Lawyer in Dubai For Your Case
- How To Deal With Production Problems In China?
- How do Fat girls Avoid Inferiority and Maintain Self-confidence?
- How to evaluate your Marketing plan?
- Enjoy ultimate creative freedom with ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2021
- All In One Internet Marketing Software 2020(Get +Limited time Offer)
- 5 Things I wish I have known when I started using Essential Oils
- 5 Tips For Buying A Bike Online
- How can I learn intermediate accounting?
- logo design service
- How Mobile Phone Towers Could Help Monitor Rainfall in Developing Countries
- 4 Reasons Why Young Men Prefer Mature Women
- New Platform for Online Niche Dating Service
- Post-COVID Job Hunt And Hiring Practices