Tips to Help Keep Your Skin Glowing
- Author Harvey Mcewan
- Published March 15, 2013
- Word count 463
Every once in a while we all report some spots or acne. They affect people of all ages, not just teenagers. Our facial skin is sensitive and exposed to many external factors. Sometimes this can also result in dry skin.
It can be particularly difficult to keep your skin looking healthy during the winter months when the wind, rain, snow, lack of sunshine, and central heating can leave our skin feeling rough, drained and pale.
To keep your skin glowing throughout the year, there are a few things you can do and keep in mind to encourage this.
Watch What You Eat
Chinese medicine is based on the holistic approach. Essentially, whatever is going on inside your body can affect the outside of your body too. Therefore spots can be a direct manifestation of liver troubles, for example. Most of the time, however, it is what we eat that affects our skin and encourages spots to appear.
Foods that strain the liver are not recommended for people who suffer from regular pimples. For example, citrus fruits, onions, garlic and spicy foods can put a lot of pressure on the liver.
Excessive amounts of meat and dairy products can cause spots due to the large amount of hormones present in them in this, the age of industrialised agriculture.
Processed foods are not the best to indulge in either. Use fresh produce whenever possible, and make sure to eat a healthy amount of fruit and vegetables each day. An apple can make you feel more energised than a chocolate bar or a pack of crisps.
Staying hydrated is key to fresh looking skin. And guess what? Sugary soft drinks, coffee and alcoholic beverages won't cut it. Your best choices are water and herbal tea, both natural products. Excess sugar is hard for your digestive system to process, but water and tea will help your body expel toxins. They'll also keep your skin hydrated.
Treat Your Skin
It's important to develop a daily skincare routine. Cleanse and moisturise every evening, and moisturise in the mornings too. Choose a line of products which are suited to your skin type. If you don't know your skin type, visit a dermatologist or a beautician for a quick consultation. They'll also be able to advise on the best products to use, and help you develop a routine.
From time to time, give your skin some proper pampering. Whether this is done at home, at a salon or at a spa, your skin will thank you for it.
If you choose to do some pampering at home, collagen masks are a quick and easy treatment that will leave your skin feeling refreshed.
In salons or spas, opt for some peeling treatments to get rid of any dead skin cells.
Harvey McEwan writes to give advice on a range of topics from holidays to collagen masks. Read his articles online.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- These cooking pots are best because they are both healthy and non-toxic
- Which Foods Increase Testosterone The Most?
- How Does Green Tea Help You Lose Weight?
- How Much Weight Can YOU Lose by Drinking Green Tea?
- When Is The Best Time To Drink Green Tea For Weight Loss?
- Climate Change Data Sets for Machine Learning
- Sentiment Analysis Tools and Services for Machine Learning
- Human Translation
- 12 Social Media Marketing Misconceptions to Understand
- How to Correctly Size For Replacement Windows
- Touch-and-Go Fathering Style
- Why you shouldn’t miss out on Grade 1 Ethiopian coffee
- Why and when did humankind switch to metal cookware, and what have been the effects?
- Here is where to get earthenware clay cooking pots in the USA
- Why is Wet Film and Dry Film Paint Measuring Crucial?
- How to Select a Good Yoga Training
- 5 Tips to Choose the Best Lawyer in Dubai For Your Case
- How To Deal With Production Problems In China?
- How do Fat girls Avoid Inferiority and Maintain Self-confidence?
- How to evaluate your Marketing plan?
- Enjoy ultimate creative freedom with ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2021
- All In One Internet Marketing Software 2020(Get +Limited time Offer)
- 5 Things I wish I have known when I started using Essential Oils
- 5 Tips For Buying A Bike Online
- How can I learn intermediate accounting?
- logo design service
- How Mobile Phone Towers Could Help Monitor Rainfall in Developing Countries
- 4 Reasons Why Young Men Prefer Mature Women
- New Platform for Online Niche Dating Service
- Post-COVID Job Hunt And Hiring Practices