Tips to Help Keep Your Skin Glowing
- Author Harvey Mcewan
- Published March 15, 2013
- Word count 463
Every once in a while we all report some spots or acne. They affect people of all ages, not just teenagers. Our facial skin is sensitive and exposed to many external factors. Sometimes this can also result in dry skin.
It can be particularly difficult to keep your skin looking healthy during the winter months when the wind, rain, snow, lack of sunshine, and central heating can leave our skin feeling rough, drained and pale.
To keep your skin glowing throughout the year, there are a few things you can do and keep in mind to encourage this.
Watch What You Eat
Chinese medicine is based on the holistic approach. Essentially, whatever is going on inside your body can affect the outside of your body too. Therefore spots can be a direct manifestation of liver troubles, for example. Most of the time, however, it is what we eat that affects our skin and encourages spots to appear.
Foods that strain the liver are not recommended for people who suffer from regular pimples. For example, citrus fruits, onions, garlic and spicy foods can put a lot of pressure on the liver.
Excessive amounts of meat and dairy products can cause spots due to the large amount of hormones present in them in this, the age of industrialised agriculture.
Processed foods are not the best to indulge in either. Use fresh produce whenever possible, and make sure to eat a healthy amount of fruit and vegetables each day. An apple can make you feel more energised than a chocolate bar or a pack of crisps.
Staying hydrated is key to fresh looking skin. And guess what? Sugary soft drinks, coffee and alcoholic beverages won't cut it. Your best choices are water and herbal tea, both natural products. Excess sugar is hard for your digestive system to process, but water and tea will help your body expel toxins. They'll also keep your skin hydrated.
Treat Your Skin
It's important to develop a daily skincare routine. Cleanse and moisturise every evening, and moisturise in the mornings too. Choose a line of products which are suited to your skin type. If you don't know your skin type, visit a dermatologist or a beautician for a quick consultation. They'll also be able to advise on the best products to use, and help you develop a routine.
From time to time, give your skin some proper pampering. Whether this is done at home, at a salon or at a spa, your skin will thank you for it.
If you choose to do some pampering at home, collagen masks are a quick and easy treatment that will leave your skin feeling refreshed.
In salons or spas, opt for some peeling treatments to get rid of any dead skin cells.
Harvey McEwan writes to give advice on a range of topics from holidays to collagen masks. Read his articles online.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Deep Learning vs Machine Learning
- Powerful Keyloggers for Windows
- Bridging the Deep Political Divide of 2021…Economically
- Be an Example, Get the Covid Shot
- Small-Souled Bugmen
- How you get valued backlinks to a website
- HGRBS New Year’s Powerpack Series 1-4 [ Critical U.S. Homeowner's Guides for 2021 ]
- 5 Ways to Spice Up Your Japan Travel Itinerary
- How ‘No-Code Tools’ Help Your Business.
- How to help a stray dog
- Storing Food for Emergency Situations
- 4 Guidelines On How To Make Your Website Stand Out
- Why Your Business Needs A Corporate Video in 2021
- Get Abortion Pill Online to Easily Terminate the Unwanted Gestation
- THE CREATION
- Critical Mass: The Search for the Quantum/Classical Threshold, the Inanimate God and the Beginning of Time
- BEST REASONS TO BUY CIGARETTES AND CIGAR ONLINE
- Build dual boot and multi-boot environments with a boot manager
- How do you know if your Car Needs Coolant?
- Which vaccinations are recommended during pregnancy?
- Family Law Attorney - You Would Be Surprised At How Important They Are!
- How can I treat a dry throat and esophagus?
- What are the Irresistible Charms of Mature Women?
- Trap Bar Deadlift
- Get Professional Pictures with These Easy Tricks
- Which way will tourism go after the pandemic?
- Myopia for Dystopia in the Illusion of Utopia
- Diamond Anniversary For Strat-O-Matic As Sports Simulation Leader Celebrates 60th
- Is it Worth Buying a New Van During Covid-19?
- How do you prepare New Plaster for Tile?