Ask your customers what they want
- Author Kate Marsden
- Published June 5, 2013
- Word count 499
Looking for a way to make some more profits from your business? You already have a huge advantage – your existing customers – to help you find out what people want.
Many businesses know what their customers think of their services (although many don’t even get that bit right, but that’s another story!), but very few actually ask them what other products or services they would like to see.
It’s such a basic question, yet very few companies do it. If that’s you, ask yourself why not:
• Worried that they won’t give you an answer? That’s fine, that’s their decision – but actually many will give you some feedback, if nothing else at least they’ll know you are interested in them and you will definitely get more information than if you don’t even ask.
• Worried that they are not happy enough about your current products and services? Be honest with yourself. If that’s really what’s stopping you, you need to sort things out and quickly. No one has an automatic right to someone’s business and if you think what you are offering is not up to standard then change it. But actually maybe you should still ask these customers the question – you might be pleasantly surprised and if not you’ll get some valuable feedback.
• Don’t want to be too pushy? People are sold to all the time and yes they get fed up with it. But these are people who have already spent money with you and all you are asking is what other products and services they would like you to offer. Surely it is better to get some feedback from them and build your order list rather than going off on your own and then trying to sell to them?
• Think you might not be able to give them what they want? OK, you might get a list of great ideas that you have no idea how to deliver. But you will also know what your customers are prepared to spend money on and that they think you could deliver. If the worst comes to the worst, go and find yourself a partner who can deliver so you can meet your customer needs.
Whatever is stopping you, a simple conversation can give you all sorts of useful insight into your customer preferences and what they might buy, and can save you a huge amount of time on the wrong things!
It doesn’t have to be complicated – if you only have a small number of customers then just pick up the phone and ask. Failing that, there are lots of online tools that let you set up free questionnaires, such as Survey Monkey, Ask Database, Zoomerang. Make it simple – a few questions only will get you far more responses and more targeted feedback.
So, take action NOW – this week, send a survey to your customers asking what other products or services they want you to offer.
Kate Marsden is the founder of The Profit Mechanic (www.TheProfitMechanic.co.uk) – dedicated to giving Small Business Owners the tools, input and resources they need to succeed in the most important thing in their business – increasing profit. Kate has more than 20 years business experience, including as Director for a number of well known organisations and as owner of her own businesses.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- All About Clipping Path
- FIFA 20 De Rossi end of an era card leaks in the game
- Top 10 Low Budget Living Room Interior Decor Ideas
- The Key to Hire an Effective Virtual Assistant
- Curl Joining Process for Galvanizing Lines - Welding Galvanized Steel
- San Diego Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Attorney
- Benefits Of Hiring Shop Cleaning Services
- Affected by the COVID-19: the Global Seamless Steel Pipe Plant Has Reduced its Output to Upgrade
- Why You Should Hire Cleaning Services?
- How Is Regular Traditional Prototyping Different Than Rapid Prototyping?
- Tips to buy a good mobile at low price
- Criteria in Selecting English-to-French Translation Services
- MLM Software migration guidelines
- How to Recycle Old Electronics?
- How do I set up QuickBooks Online Backup?
- The majority of businesses have buildings which need maintenance
- A Lot Of The Services Required For Your Business Can Be Outsourced
- Features Of Using An Audio Translation Service
- Tips to Choosing a Manuscript Typing Service Provider
- Things to Consider When Choosing Rush Transcription Services
- 4 Tips When Choosing a Document Translation Service
- Bus Chartering Services in Singapore
- What is image clipping path and Clipping Path Services?
- Mastering Clipping Path is the decisive game changer for photo editors
- Upgrade your home with HWisel’s independent EV charging system - HWisel
- How Does Medical Coding Work? What Does a Medical Coder Do?
- Unique Strategies Today’s Top Medical Organizations Use to Maximize Revenue
- Educational Translation – Tricks Of The Trade
- Energy-Efficient Commercial Roofing System
- Killing Germs with Powerful, yet Safe Chlorine Dioxide