Grand Canyon Float Tours Make Mother's Day Terrific for Everyone
- Author Susan Bissonnette
- Published May 6, 2013
- Word count 593
Mom's special day will be here on Sunday May 12, that isn't too far away, so it is time to make your plans. A float trip on the Colorado River in the Grand Canyon is the perfect getaway but you need to get your seats early since they are so popular and passengers are limited to 19 per raft. You have several options when it comes to raft tours, but no matter what package you choose, your mom is sure to love it.
About Float Tours Of The Colorado River
Grand Canyon float tours are smooth-water rafting trips. You don't have to worry about dangerous rapids so the trips are suitable for kids over four years of age and senior citizens too. It is a fun-filled day of excitement for everyone in your family.
Your float trip starts in Tusayan, Arizona near the main gates to the Grand Canyon National Park, or you can get a tour from Las Vegas. They last all day and start around 6 or 7 in the morning, even on holidays. Your mom will have a great time, but she will probably be tired at the end of the day. It is best not to make any plans for later in the evening.
Vegas Rafting Trips
When you depart from Vegas on a float trip, you get to ride a chopper down to the floor of the canyon at the West Rim in an exciting adventure. Descending the 4000 feet to the canyon floor in a chopper is an exhilarating experience and once you land, you can explore the area on foot.
You also get to ride a tour bus to the Hoover Dam. It is an amazing site to stand at the foot of the dam and behold its massive 700 foot height towering above you.
When you get to Hoover Dam, you will begin your float tour that takes you 11 miles away to Willow Beach in Arizona. As you're passing through the majestic canyons, you'll catch glimpses of the area's plentiful wildlife. Don't forget to wear a swimming suit because you will have several chances to take a cool dip in the Colorado River. Lunch is even included in your trip.
AZ Rafting Trips
You can choose from two raft tours that depart from Arizona. One of them entails a 2-hour bus ride to Glen Canyon Dam, which is located in Page, Arizona. Before you begin your trip, your river guide briefs you on what you can expect to happen as you float the 15 mile stretch of the river. This float trip ends at Lee's Ferry, which is an historic site.
You can upgrade your float trip by flying into Page rather than taking a bus. After landing, you'll hop into a 4x4 for a ride to Antelope Canyon (believe me, it's truly unique!). When the Jeep ride is over, your rafting adventure begins.
Your Mom Is Going To Love It!
You will see inspiring scenery during your gentle float trip through the canyon, it is the perfect way to show your mom you are thinking of her on her special day. The price is all inclusive and includes lunch, water, tour guide, required gear, and free hotel pickup and return with the bus option.
If you want to celebrate mom's special day by taking her on one of these fabulous float tours, you need to book yours as soon as you can. The trips usually sell out. Finally, buy your seats online to get the best price. The discount will save you enough money to buy your mom a special treat!
There are no posted comments.
- Top-10 Cardiff Attractions
- Using the Public Transport Systems in Paris
- How To Travel In Style And Not Spend A Fortune Along The Way
- What Visa to Issue for a Foreigner for a Short Trip to Russia?
- 25 Africa safari myths and misconceptions
- Delicious Culinary Tourism in Medan
- How can you make new friends in travel countries .
- Will you Travel After Covid-19 crisis ends?
- Strange Things may Surprise you about North Korea
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek
- Why Compare Cheap Airport Parking Valet Amenities for Vehicle Safety
- Everest base camp trek guide
- How to prepare for Annapurna base camp trek
- Manaslu Larke La pass Trekking
- 10 Wine Tasting Tips and Tricks for Napa Valley
- 6 Best National Parks In The Usa To Visit In Spring
- Migrating to Russia - All you need to know
- Russia travel tips - is it safe to travel to russia ?
- Things to Do in Dalat at Night
- The Best Nightlife Activities in Mui Ne
- Places to Visit at Night in Phu Quoc, Vietnam
- Everest Base Camp Trek Via Gokyo Lake
- Nightlife Destinations in Hai Phong Vietnam
- Three Reasons You'll Want to Fly With Just a Carry-On Bag
- How to travel with a pet to Vietnam
- 4 Tips When Choosing a Carry-on Bag
- Kickstart Your Paragliding Career With These Quick Tips
- 5 Places for Great Third Wave Coffee in Barcelona
- Flying by private jet is not an indulgence, reserved for of the social elite
- Top 10 Essentials for an Enjoyable Motorcycle Camping Trip