Best Grand Canyon Plane Tour Options
- Author Susan Bissonnette
- Published June 6, 2013
- Word count 662
When you take an airplane tour of the Grand Canyon, you get to see as much as the entire National Park, there is just no way to cover that much ground on any other tour. But which type should you take? There is an air only tour and a landing tour option.
Both types give you a terrific experience. That means it all comes down to the types of things you want to see and the size of your travel budget. Let's go into more detail:
Grand Canyon Landing Flights
Vegas is a popular departure point for landing tours. These are some of your choices. One popular West Rim airplane tour includes a chopper flight down to the canyon's floor. Another exciting option is a float rip along the Colorado River.
You could also choose an air tour that drops you off on top of the rim so you can take a thrilling stroll on the Grand Canyon Skywalk. You can stand 4000 feet above the floor of the canyon on this glass bridge and 70 feet away from its edge.
There is a lot more to do on top of the rim and you can take a free shuttle ride wherever you want to go. West Rim highlights include the following:
Scenic Guano Point
The Interesting Cultural Center
Eagle Point Lookout
There aren't many landing tours at the South Rim, but my favorite is the all-day tour that includes a smooth-water float trip down the Colorado and a 4x4 Jeep ride to the Slot Canyons at Antelope Canyon. Kids can participate as long as they're at least four years old.
South Rim Trips From Vegas
One particular flight from Sin City to the South Rim is amazingly popular. The flight to the South Rim from Las Vegas takes under an hour and you pass over a good deal of the park before you land at Grand Canyon National Park outside the main gates to the National Park in Tusayan, Arizona. One of the tours comes with a 2.5 hour bus tour of the Park. You can also add on a 30 minute helicopter ride that is exciting and fun.
Grand Canyon Air Only Tours
These Grand Canyon air tours fly 365 days a year out of Tuscany's GCA and out of Sin City. However, these tours stay in the air the whole trip and do not let you land in the National Park.
These are some of the points of interest you will see when your flight departs from Vegas:
The massive Hoover Dam
Beautiful Lake Mead
Grand Canyon West
The mighty Colorado River
The famous Grand Canyon Skywalk
Plus you will see many more scenic vistas before your plane turns around and brings you back to Vegas.
The air-only flights to the South Rim take you over the South, North, and East Rims. The highlights include the following:
The highest point in the park called Imperial Point
The Dragoon Corridor which is the deepest part of the canyon
The Desert Watchtower
The beautiful Temple of Ra
Your flight lasts 45 minutes and you will see the most amazing natural scenery in the world. Plus, the airplane tour is very affordable.
The Best Flight Times
Morning is the ideal time to take an air tour of the Grand Canyon. The air is clearer then so you have the best visibility and the air is calmer so you experience less turbulence. The timing of your flight is extra-important for summer flights. But you might enjoy a beautiful sunset flight too!
Hopefully, reading this has helped you choose between a Grand Canyon landing tour or an air-only flight. Landing tours are popular for a reason, you get to see the canyon from above and experience it from the ground too. But, the air only tours are the ideal option if you don't have much time or are on a limited budget. No matter which tour you choose, it will be an experience of a lifetime.
Travel editor Susan B. is an expert on the Grand Canyon and suggests these trips from Las Vegas as well as these from South Rim: [http://www.lasvegasgrandcanyonairplane.com/best-grand-canyon-south-rim-airplane-tours.html](http://www.lasvegasgrandcanyonairplane.com/best-grand-canyon-south-rim-airplane-tours.html)Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Top-10 Cardiff Attractions
- Using the Public Transport Systems in Paris
- How To Travel In Style And Not Spend A Fortune Along The Way
- What Visa to Issue for a Foreigner for a Short Trip to Russia?
- 25 Africa safari myths and misconceptions
- Delicious Culinary Tourism in Medan
- How can you make new friends in travel countries .
- Will you Travel After Covid-19 crisis ends?
- Strange Things may Surprise you about North Korea
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek
- Why Compare Cheap Airport Parking Valet Amenities for Vehicle Safety
- Everest base camp trek guide
- How to prepare for Annapurna base camp trek
- Manaslu Larke La pass Trekking
- 10 Wine Tasting Tips and Tricks for Napa Valley
- 6 Best National Parks In The Usa To Visit In Spring
- Migrating to Russia - All you need to know
- Russia travel tips - is it safe to travel to russia ?
- Things to Do in Dalat at Night
- The Best Nightlife Activities in Mui Ne
- Places to Visit at Night in Phu Quoc, Vietnam
- Everest Base Camp Trek Via Gokyo Lake
- Nightlife Destinations in Hai Phong Vietnam
- Three Reasons You'll Want to Fly With Just a Carry-On Bag
- How to travel with a pet to Vietnam
- 4 Tips When Choosing a Carry-on Bag
- Kickstart Your Paragliding Career With These Quick Tips
- 5 Places for Great Third Wave Coffee in Barcelona
- Flying by private jet is not an indulgence, reserved for of the social elite
- Top 10 Essentials for an Enjoyable Motorcycle Camping Trip