Grand Canyon National Park Bus Tours Are Affordable And Enjoyable
- Author Susan Bissonnette
- Published June 17, 2013
- Word count 633
You've probably heard about the fun bus tours that take you from Phoenix or Vegas to the Grand Canyon. It is a great way to see the amazing sights in the Grand Canyon. But many travelers don't realize that the real values are the bus combo tours. It's because they show you the Grand Canyon in ways that not many other tours can.
Grand Canyon Bus Tours From Las Vegas
If you plan to depart from Las Vegas, you first have to decide if you want to go to the South Rim or the West Rim. The West Rim is closest and it takes about 2 hours to get there while the South Rim is 5 hours away.
Bus tours pull out from Vegas 365 days a year, including all holidays. Bus tours are all-inclusive and include taxes, park entrance fees, lunch, professional tour guide, and pick up service at your hotel on the Vegas Strip.
Most Vegas travelers end up choosing the West Rim because of the much shorter drive time. Other considerations to help you choose.
The West Rim is known for its excitement and adventure.
The South Rim offers fantastic natural landscapes and scenic views.
Grand Canyon West
When you're seeing the West Rim of the Grand Canyon by bus, there are several great combo tours from which you can choose. One of the most popular ones is the tour that includes VIP passes to the amazing Skywalk.
This bridge allows you to take a chilling 70 ft walk over glass panels suspended 4000 ft above the canyon floor, the bridge cost over $30 million to make, a single glass panel alone costs $250,000.
You are not allowed to take personal electronics such as cell phones and cameras onto the Skywalk for safety reasons. I bet you're wondering about photographs, but you can use one of the on-site professional photographers. Their photos are amazing, so don't pass up the opportunity to get one done.
You can also choose a bus tour that comes with a thrilling helicopter ride to the bottom of the canyon followed by a rafting excursion on the Colorado River. It's a unique experience because the West Rim is the only place in the National Park where choppers are allowed to land on the bottom.
South Rim Of The Grand Canyon
You don't have as many options in combo tours when you go to the South Rim from Vegas. It's because helicopters aren't allowed to land on the bottom in this part of the Park and because the bus ride there is long, making a river rafting extension impossible.
You can still have great fun though by taking an exciting chopper tour over to the North Rim and back where you pass over the deepest part of the canyon known as the Dragoon Corridor.
Phoenix Coach Tours
If you leave from Phoenix, you will go to the South Rim since the West Rim is too far away. The ride to the South Rim is very scenic and includes a stop at Sedona. The Phoenix coach tours to the South Rim include a helicopter flight option as well.
Grab Your Seats as Soon as Possible
Everyone knows seeing the Grand Canyon by bus is the best value out there. Even so, there's no need to pay full retail price. For one thing, you want to get your seats as early as possible, at least a week in advance. Also, the lowest rates are on the Internet. Just complete your transaction right on the tour company's website and you can get the low Internet price.
You will have a fantastic time on one of these bus combo tours. Seeing the Grand Canyon on a bus tour is always wonderful, but adding the Skywalk, a float trip or a helicopter ride will make your trip even better!
Travel author Susan B. is an expert on bus rides to Grand Canyon National Park. If you're searching for low rates on coach excursions, she suggests starting here: http://www.grandcanyoncheap.com/bus-deals.htmlArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Will you Travel After Covid-19 crisis ends?
- Strange Things may Surprise you about North Korea
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek
- Why Compare Cheap Airport Parking Valet Amenities for Vehicle Safety
- Everest base camp trek guide
- How to prepare for Annapurna base camp trek
- Manaslu Larke La pass Trekking
- 10 Wine Tasting Tips and Tricks for Napa Valley
- 6 Best National Parks In The Usa To Visit In Spring
- Migrating to Russia - All you need to know
- Russia travel tips - is it safe to travel to russia ?
- Things to Do in Dalat at Night
- The Best Nightlife Activities in Mui Ne
- Places to Visit at Night in Phu Quoc, Vietnam
- Everest Base Camp Trek Via Gokyo Lake
- Nightlife Destinations in Hai Phong Vietnam
- Three Reasons You'll Want to Fly With Just a Carry-On Bag
- How to travel with a pet to Vietnam
- 4 Tips When Choosing a Carry-on Bag
- Kickstart Your Paragliding Career With These Quick Tips
- 5 Places for Great Third Wave Coffee in Barcelona
- Flying by private jet is not an indulgence, reserved for of the social elite
- Top 10 Essentials for an Enjoyable Motorcycle Camping Trip
- The Best Activities for Bristol Stag Parties
- Apply for India tourist visa?
- 8 Tips to be a savvy dental tourist and enjoy your dental vacation in Vietnam
- Tips for a Safe and Trouble Free Motorcycle Camping Trip
- Top ten hen party destinations
- Are Boating Holidays the Best Holidays?
- Travel Rewards Roundup: August 2019