Treatments that may relieve tinnitus
- Author Hitesh Kumar Gupta
- Published August 5, 2013
- Word count 499
Treatments that may relieve tinnitus
There are several types of treatments that are believed to help you cope with your symptoms. You may opt for just one or a combination of treatments if you really want relief from Tinnitus.
One type of treatment for Tinnitus is called complementary therapies. These are alternative forms of treatment whose main benefit is helping you relax. By relaxing, some patients find that there is relief from Tinnitus. It has been noted that some patients under a great deal of stress may develop Tinnitus so relaxation exercises may help lessen Tinnitus symptoms. These complementary therapies include but are not limited to Shiatsu massage, reflexology, craniosacral therapy, osteopathy, hypnotherapy, hypnosis, homeopathy, herbal medicine, chiropractic sessions, aromatherapy, and acupuncture.
Less commonly known is Tinnitus Retraining Therapy which aims to make you less tense about having Tinnitus. Apparently, patients with Tinnitus may perceive the Tinnitus symptoms as alarming and thus have an emotional response to it. This makes patients with Tinnitus more bothered by the symptoms. Tinnitus Retraining Therapy makes you less concerned about the Tinnitus so that you will be able to focus on other tasks. In time you will find that your Tinnitus becomes less obvious to you and less distracting. You may have to undergo low-level sound therapy and counseling as part of Tinnitus Retraining Therapy.
In connection, you might need to undergo sessions with psychotherapists or psychologists as part of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. You will understand why you react to Tinnitus in certain ways and how you can make yourself less alarmed or bothered by the symptoms. You may have to write down your thoughts and reactions to Tinnitus in a diary so that you and your psychoanalyst can check the patterns in your way of thinking. In turn, your psychoanalyst may suggest alternative ways of dealing with Tinnitus such as changing your perspective about the symptoms.
Some patients find that their sleep patterns are disturbed by the onset of Tinnitus You should examine the possible causes of the Tinnitus such as exposure to loud noises, prolonged exposure to elevated levels of noise, medication or underlying medical conditions as well. If you are becoming depressed or anxious due to the Tinnitus you may need help from a clinical psychologist in dealing with the Tinnitus. This does not directly affect your Tinnitus but it may help you find ways of coping with the symptoms.
If you are in doubt about the efficacy of any of these therapies, you may want to do more research about them online. It pays to be well informed about the effects of a particular therapy so you can take steps to continue or discontinue it depending on the outcome. If you feel that a particular therapy might be the answer to your problems, there is no harm in trying them out even for a short trial period. What works for one patient might not work for another so it is important to have a customized therapy for your Tinnitus.
There are several types of treatments that are believed to help you cope with your Tinnitus symptoms. You may opt for just one or a combination of treatments if you really want relief from Tinnitus.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- None of Us Are Above the Placebo Effect
- What to do when you have a Toothache
- Super Vidalista
- Clinical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well
- What Are Uses, Doses And Side Effects Of Xenical
- Save Thousands by Getting Veneers Done in Colombia
- Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Bone Regeneration: All You Need to Know
- What Is Dilaudid?
- What Is Diazepam?
- Benefits And Uses Of CBD Oil
- CBD and Fitness: A Match Made in Heaven?
- How to Incorporate CBD into Your Daily Routine
- Does the rain on the plain increase your pain?
- Arthritis Isn't for the Weak
- Infertility In the West Is Becoming An Increasing Problem
- Which is the safer consumption of pill- oral or vaginal administration?
- 5 Common Types Of Arthritis
- What is Lortab?
- How Can Cannabis Help People With Multiple Sclerosis?
- 6 Ways to Find the Best Pediatrician for Your Kids- JPCKIDS
- Eat Right to Beat Cancer with Diet
- ADHD Medications – Are You Getting The Full Story And Giving Your Child The Best Possible Treatment?
- How this New Medical Device Could Help Save a Hundred Thousand American Lives Annually
- What Is CBD?
- Dental tourism in Vietnam: Safe or not?
- What you need to know before traveling to Vietnam for dental care
- #1 Home Remedy To Typhoid And Malaria
- Fight Nervousness with CBD
- Nosebleed in Children