Grand Canyon Tours - What About a Helicopter Flight During the Thanksgiving Holiday
- Author Susan Bissonnette
- Published November 18, 2013
- Word count 548
Thanksgiving is on its way ad now more than ever before it's time to take a Grand Canyon helicopter tour. The weather is ideal and the National Park is simply beautiful this time of the year. If you've ever wished to fly, the time is now.
Even though Thanksgiving is a holiday, helicopter flights will be running on a normal schedule. What this means is there'll be departures nearly every hour the whole day, with the best being in the morning and near dusk.
Best places to catch a trip are from Las Vegas and Tusayan, AZ. From Vegas, you will be flying to the West Rim and from Tusayan you'll be going over the South Rim. Please note that there are no helicopter trips from Vegas to the South Rim.
If you're fortunate enough to be taking this type of trip from Las Vegas, you're able to pick from either an aerial or landing tour. Air tours are your most basic option and typically your cheapest. Landing tours are more expensive but they are an incredible value.
Exactly what do I mean by value? In nearly all cases, landing tours include free hotel pick up and drop off, lunch and all fees, surcharges and Park entrance fees. All you have to do is be prepared for the flight of a lifetime!
If you end up taking a landing tour from Las Vegas, I strongly recommend taking one that lands at the bottom. Having said that, try not to take the earliest one possible during winter. It is best to let the canyon warm up a bit. This particular tour usually includes lunch or a Champagne brunch (very romantic!).
South Rim rides go over all that area's top highlights, including the Dragoon Corridor, which is famous for being the widest and deepest section of the National Park. These trips are fantastic for anyone venturing out from Phoenix, Sedona and Flagstaff. Should you choose take one, opt for the longest flight possible aboard an EcoStar aircraft.
It's winter so do take weather into consideration. The West Rim is much different in terms of climate than the South Rim. This is because the South is at a much higher elevation. As such, it experiences cooler winters and snowfall. No matter what, dress appropriately and check you weather forecasts the day before you fly.
Cancellations and delays do happen (like they do on any airline). This should not be a concern if you booked with a quality tour operator. I say this because these companies generally offer a cancellation policy that refunds all your money should you're flight be nixed. Or, if there is weather, they'll kindly reschedule you on a tour that most closely fits your travel schedule. In any event, you're covered.
I hope you get a chance to take a Grand Canyon National Park helicopter tour this Thanksgiving holiday. Obviously, it will be a hectic time, but flights will be departing on the hour so you should be able to get airborne. Nevertheless, it’s always a good idea to pre-book your excursion. That way, you’ll be sure to get a seat and at an excellent price. And don't forget to bundle up. Other than that, have a wonderful flight. You’re going to love it!
All set to take a Grand Canyon helicopter flight? Visit here for a list of the finest tour operators and here for the best prices on the best tours: [http://www.grandcanyondaytrips.com/best-helicopter-tours](http://www.grandcanyondaytrips.com/best-helicopter-tours)Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 25 Africa safari myths and misconceptions
- Delicious Culinary Tourism in Medan
- How can you make new friends in travel countries .
- Will you Travel After Covid-19 crisis ends?
- Strange Things may Surprise you about North Korea
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek
- Why Compare Cheap Airport Parking Valet Amenities for Vehicle Safety
- Everest base camp trek guide
- How to prepare for Annapurna base camp trek
- Manaslu Larke La pass Trekking
- 10 Wine Tasting Tips and Tricks for Napa Valley
- 6 Best National Parks In The Usa To Visit In Spring
- Migrating to Russia - All you need to know
- Russia travel tips - is it safe to travel to russia ?
- Things to Do in Dalat at Night
- The Best Nightlife Activities in Mui Ne
- Places to Visit at Night in Phu Quoc, Vietnam
- Everest Base Camp Trek Via Gokyo Lake
- Nightlife Destinations in Hai Phong Vietnam
- Three Reasons You'll Want to Fly With Just a Carry-On Bag
- How to travel with a pet to Vietnam
- 4 Tips When Choosing a Carry-on Bag
- Kickstart Your Paragliding Career With These Quick Tips
- 5 Places for Great Third Wave Coffee in Barcelona
- Flying by private jet is not an indulgence, reserved for of the social elite
- Top 10 Essentials for an Enjoyable Motorcycle Camping Trip
- The Best Activities for Bristol Stag Parties
- Apply for India tourist visa?
- 8 Tips to be a savvy dental tourist and enjoy your dental vacation in Vietnam
- Tips for a Safe and Trouble Free Motorcycle Camping Trip