Las Vegas Bus - Winter Outings to Grand Canyon National Park
- Author Susan Bissonnette
- Published January 6, 2014
- Word count 517
Visiting Las Vegas during these coming months? Then consider taking a Grand Canyon bus tour to the South Rim. It will give you a chance to relax a little after all the glitz on the Strip. And as an added benefit, the tours are less expensive during the winter.
You can take a tour to the southern portion of the canyon every day except Christmas. Winter is a fantastic time to tour the canyon too. Why is that? You might get lucky and see some snow, plus there are usually fewer people going then so it is less crowded.
Bus tours typically depart very early in the morning around 7am. There are no late tours. This is because this is an all day trip that gets you back to your Vegas Strip hotel around 9 p.m. I also recommend not making evening plans that day because you can't be sure if you'll be back exactly at that time.
The route taken includes going past Lake Mead and Hoover Dam. Most of the tours will stop for about 15 minutes once you reach the Arizona side of the Dam so you can take photos. The stop is not long enough to do anything else. You don't want the bus to stop for too long or it decreases the amount of time you have to explore the canyon.
If you find the Hoover Dam fascinating, you can book a tour to see it later.
The bus usually rolls into the Rim around noon. Once there you can tour Grand Canyon Village and see Mather and Yaki Points. You are allowed about three hours to spend touring the rim, so you have time to see lots of interesting things.
The all-inclusive price for the bus tours includes lunch, Park fees, taxes, and fuel surcharges. I don't know if I named all the potential fees but suffice it to say that the price you pay during online checkout is final and fixed and you will not pay more.
Be prepared for cold temperatures during the winter months. Since the rim sits at 7000 feet, it gets cold and snowy there. Be sure to dress warmly. You definitely want to wear long pants, gloves, a hat, a sweater, and a coat. A pair of closed-toe shoes in good condition are also suggested (and wool socks!).
It is possible you might have to cancel your tour or reschedule it due to bad weather. That just comes along with going to the canyon during the winter. Fortunately, the good tour companies refund all your money if a tour is canceled due to bad weather. If you would rather, you can get the tour rescheduled. You can even change your mind and cancel the tour with 24 hours notice and you will get a refund.
Lastly, always book these bus tours to the Grand Canyon in advance. Try to book at least 72 hours in advance of your tour. You should also buy your seats online. You will find the best deals there. The Internet rate is usually the lowest rate you can find.
Let us go to the Grand Canyon! Go here to get the best bus tour operators: http://grandcanyoncheap.com/bus-tours.html And here for the best fares on the most popular coach trips: http://grandcanyoncheap.com/bus-deals.htmlArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Strange Things may Surprise you about North Korea
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek
- Why Compare Cheap Airport Parking Valet Amenities for Vehicle Safety
- Everest base camp trek guide
- How to prepare for Annapurna base camp trek
- Manaslu Larke La pass Trekking
- 10 Wine Tasting Tips and Tricks for Napa Valley
- 6 Best National Parks In The Usa To Visit In Spring
- Migrating to Russia - All you need to know
- Russia travel tips - is it safe to travel to russia ?
- Things to Do in Dalat at Night
- The Best Nightlife Activities in Mui Ne
- Places to Visit at Night in Phu Quoc, Vietnam
- Everest Base Camp Trek Via Gokyo Lake
- Nightlife Destinations in Hai Phong Vietnam
- Three Reasons You'll Want to Fly With Just a Carry-On Bag
- How to travel with a pet to Vietnam
- 4 Tips When Choosing a Carry-on Bag
- Kickstart Your Paragliding Career With These Quick Tips
- 5 Places for Great Third Wave Coffee in Barcelona
- Flying by private jet is not an indulgence, reserved for of the social elite
- Top 10 Essentials for an Enjoyable Motorcycle Camping Trip
- The Best Activities for Bristol Stag Parties
- Apply for India tourist visa?
- 8 Tips to be a savvy dental tourist and enjoy your dental vacation in Vietnam
- Tips for a Safe and Trouble Free Motorcycle Camping Trip
- Top ten hen party destinations
- Are Boating Holidays the Best Holidays?
- Travel Rewards Roundup: August 2019
- Benefits of Traveling by Train