Ayurveda Medicinal properties of Bala (Sida Cordifolia)
- Author Dr.savitha Suri
- Published January 19, 2014
- Word count 424
Sida Cordifolia is an erect hairy plant which grows up to 180 cm. It grows as a weed throughout tropical and subtropical regions of India and Srilanka. Sida Cordifolia belongs to family Malvaceae. It has heart shaped leaves (hence name Cordifolia) and yellow coloured flower. Seeds are black or grey coloured.
Ayurveda acharyas have grouped this plant under Balya (body strengthening herbs), Brimhaniya ( body bulk increasing herbs), Prajasthapana ( herbs used to cure infertility), Madhura skanda (herbs with sweet taste) and Vatasamshamana (Herbs which normalize vata dosha).
According to ayurveda principles the plant Bala is light to digest and increases moistness of tissues. It is sweet to taste and acts as body coolant.
Medicinal properties of Bala (Sida Cordifolia):
This plant normalizes Vata and pitta. Hence it is used in diseases which are caused due to vitiation of vata and pitta.
Bala has anti inflammatory properties. Its preparations are used as external applications in swelling of wounds and inflammation of eyes. Oils prepared using this herb are very useful in arthritis and other diseases which affect joints. These oils help to reduce pain and inflammation.
Bala normalizes vata and sooths excited nerves. For this reason the oil prepared using this herb is used to massage patients who suffer from paralysis, cervical spondylosis, facial paralysis etc.
Sida Cordifolia controls motility of large intestine. It helps to absorb water and nutrients from intestines. Hence its preparations are widely used in Grahani or Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
This herb is a very good cardiac tonic and reduces petechial hemorrhage. Ayurveda acharyas recommend use of this plant in these conditions.
Bala is known for its "shukrala" properties. Shukrala means increasing shukra dhatu. Because of this property bala is used in ayurvedic preparations which increase sperm count and sperm motility. It helps to increase quality and quantity of semen. This herb is mainly used in male and female infertility. Texts of ayurveda praise the herb Bala as Vrishya (aphrodisiac). Hence this herb is used in conditions like erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation.
The herbal preparations which are used in Female infertility contain this herb as main ingredient as it acts as a very good uterine tonic.
The diuretic properties of this herb help in cystitis and it rejuvenates urinary system.
Bala is a very good rasayana herb. Hence it is widely used in convalescing patients as it supplies essential nutrients. It helps to build a healthy body and strengthens body immune system.
This herb is used in African folk medicine to treat various conditions like bronchitis, asthma, nasal congestion, stomatitis etc.
This article is copy righted. The author Dr.SavithaSuri is an Ayurvedic Physician and web master of Ayurveda help through ayurveda consultations Read complete article at
at Ayurveda medicinal properties of Bala (Sida Cordifolia) firstname.lastname@example.orgArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Excision of Mucocele Using Dental DIODE LASER
- Everything you need to know about CBD oil
- Acupuncture in London
- None of Us Are Above the Placebo Effect
- What Role Does a Hospital Chargemaster Play in Revenue Cycle Management?
- Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) Trends for 2020
- What to do when you have a Toothache
- Super Vidalista
- Clinical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well
- What Are Uses, Doses And Side Effects Of Xenical
- Save Thousands by Getting Veneers Done in Colombia
- Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Bone Regeneration: All You Need to Know
- What Is Dilaudid?
- What Is Diazepam?
- Benefits And Uses Of CBD Oil
- CBD and Fitness: A Match Made in Heaven?
- How to Incorporate CBD into Your Daily Routine
- Does the rain on the plain increase your pain?
- Arthritis Isn't for the Weak
- Infertility In the West Is Becoming An Increasing Problem
- Which is the safer consumption of pill- oral or vaginal administration?
- 5 Common Types Of Arthritis
- What is Lortab?
- How Can Cannabis Help People With Multiple Sclerosis?
- 6 Ways to Find the Best Pediatrician for Your Kids- JPCKIDS
- Eat Right to Beat Cancer with Diet
- ADHD Medications – Are You Getting The Full Story And Giving Your Child The Best Possible Treatment?
- How this New Medical Device Could Help Save a Hundred Thousand American Lives Annually
- What Is CBD?