Count on coconut (Cocos nucifera)
- Author Dr.savitha Suri
- Published January 24, 2014
- Word count 501
Coconut is a large palm (30 mts tall) and member of Arecaceae family with binomial nomenclature as Cocos nucifera . Coconut is known as Naarikela in ayurveda. This plant is grown throughout the tropics.
The fruit, flower and root of this plant are used as ingredients for many ayurvedic preparations. The texts of ayurveda explain the properties of this fruit as - "Coconut is sweet to taste and act as body coolant. It is unctuous and heavy to digest."
Tender Coconut water
Tender coconut water has soothing effect on intestines. It can be administered to infants as a rehydrating solution. It is known as "krimighna" i.e. kills intestinal parasites. When given as a regular health drink to children, it promotes growth and supplies good nutrients. Tender coconut water helps to overcome irritation of bladder and helps in preventing urinary tract infections. Regular consumption of this water helps in easy flow of urine and flushes out small kidney stones. It can be smeared on irritated skin (due to sun burn, rashes, chicken pox etc) to get a cooling effect. Tender coconut water increases glow and fairness of skin. Hiccups and thirst get quickly subsided on consumption of tender coconut water.
Uses of Coconut flowers
Flowers are used in prevention of frequent bowel movements in diarrhea and dysentery. They help to normalize vitiated pitta and rakta (blood). Flowers help to reduce frequent urination.
Uses of Coconut kernel (Coconut pulp)
Tender pulp cools the body and provides nourishment. It is very easy to digest and reduces acidity. Tender coconut pulp helps to boost body energy and strength.
Fully ripe pulp acts as a very good aphrodisiac (Vajikara). It is known to increase quality and quantity of semen. It is high in dietary fibers and cleanses the intestines. Fully ripe pulp is used in Indian recipes
Uses of Coconut Oil:
According to ayurveda coconut oil is mainly used to massage scalp. This increases hair growth and prevents dandruff and hair loss. Coconut oil accelerates healing of wounds and prevents diseases which arise due to dry skin. Here are few uses which are mentioned in ayurveda.
1.Ayurveda recommends Coconut oil or naarikela taila (in ayurveda) in conditions like dry skin and skin diseases. It has been found that application of coconut oil is beneficial in psoriasis, eczema and dermatitis.
2.Massaging coconut oil on body has myriad benefits. It prevents formation of wrinkles, ageing of skin and pigmentation. It is known as varnya in ayurveda. Varnya means restoring the complexion and glow of skin
3.It relieves stress when massaged on scalp and rejuvenates scalp and hair. It is classified as keshya. Keshya signifies its action as a hair friendly herb. Application of coconut oil helps to prevent hair loss,dandruff and increase hair growth. It also acts as a natural hair conditioner.
4.Massaging foot with coconut oil helps to soften cracked heels and increases the beauty of foot.
5.Application of coconut oil accelerates the process of wound healing. It is very safe to apply on cuts and wounds
This article is copyrighted. This article is copy righted. The author Dr.SavithaSuri is an Ayurvedic Physician and web master of Ayurveda Help Through ayurveda consultations Read complete article at Count on CoconutArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Excision of Mucocele Using Dental DIODE LASER
- Everything you need to know about CBD oil
- Acupuncture in London
- None of Us Are Above the Placebo Effect
- What Role Does a Hospital Chargemaster Play in Revenue Cycle Management?
- Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) Trends for 2020
- What to do when you have a Toothache
- Super Vidalista
- Clinical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well
- What Are Uses, Doses And Side Effects Of Xenical
- Save Thousands by Getting Veneers Done in Colombia
- Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Bone Regeneration: All You Need to Know
- What Is Dilaudid?
- What Is Diazepam?
- Benefits And Uses Of CBD Oil
- CBD and Fitness: A Match Made in Heaven?
- How to Incorporate CBD into Your Daily Routine
- Does the rain on the plain increase your pain?
- Arthritis Isn't for the Weak
- Infertility In the West Is Becoming An Increasing Problem
- Which is the safer consumption of pill- oral or vaginal administration?
- 5 Common Types Of Arthritis
- What is Lortab?
- How Can Cannabis Help People With Multiple Sclerosis?
- 6 Ways to Find the Best Pediatrician for Your Kids- JPCKIDS
- Eat Right to Beat Cancer with Diet
- ADHD Medications – Are You Getting The Full Story And Giving Your Child The Best Possible Treatment?
- How this New Medical Device Could Help Save a Hundred Thousand American Lives Annually
- What Is CBD?