Grand Canyon Rafting Tours Make Father's Day Really Special!
- Author Susan Bissonnette
- Published June 11, 2014
- Word count 554
Looking for a great way to treat dad this Father's Day? Surprise him with a trip to the Grand Canyon to take a smooth-water rafting tour of the Colorado River! That sounds like fun for everyone.
The water in this portion of the river are quite calm and there are no whitewater dangers, so this means you can bring along kids as young as 4 on your trip.
These tours are available at the West Rim and the South Rim. The West Rim is just 120 miles from Las Vegas, so it is a good choice if you will be staying on the Strip. If you're staying in Flagstaff, Grand Canyon Village, or another city in Arizona, the South Rim is more convenient.
Raft Tours From Las Vegas
The West Rim float tour begins with a helicopter tour down to the floor of the canyon, something you'll miss out on if you take a South Rim tour. Next, you hop on a bus for a short ride to the base of Hoover Dam. That's where the water portion of your tour begins, and you'll meander along the clear, smooth waters of the river for 11 miles.
Along the way, you'll pass through dramatic Black Canyon. Local wildlife will be all around you, and a lot of folks on float tours are lucky enough to spot bighorn sheep clinging to the canyon's cliffs. Willow Beach is the end of the line, but it's a nice spot for you and Dad to take a dip.
Raft Tours At The South Rim
The South Rim is often considered the "real" Grand Canyon, and it is the perfect backdrop for a fun rafting experience. The standard trip begins with a motor coach ride to Page, Arizona, where Glen Canyon Dam is located. At the base of the dam, you'll board your pontoon boat for a scenic 15-mile cruise to historic Lee's Ferry.
You can opt for a tour upgrade that includes plane transportation to Page, and a 4x4 ride through the slot canyons in Antelope Canyon. After that, the river portion of the tour carries on as usual.
The trip will knock Dad's socks off, especially when you get to beautiful Horseshoe Bend and its red sandstone butte and turquoise waters. And just wait until you see the wildlife ? deer, California condors, bighorn sheep and wild burros.
Everything is Included!
These tours are all-inclusive so charges for equipment, river guide, park fees, and taxes are paid for in advance. The tours even include lunch. You'll want to dress appropriately too, wear a shirt with long sleeves, a hat with a brim, sunglasses, river sandals, and sunscreen. Don't forget your swimsuit and a change of clothes since you won't be able to resist taking a swim in the cool river water.
Summing Up ...
Father's Day is coming up fast (June 15th). All the raft tours of the Grand Canyon operate on a regular schedule that day. It is a good idea to book your tour now because tours in the summer, especially on holidays, fill up fast. To be on the safe side, I wouldn't wait to book much past a week ahead.
You'll get the lowest price on your tour when you book online. When you buy your tour directly from the tour operator's website, you get their low Internet rate!
There are no posted comments.
- Will you Travel After Covid-19 crisis ends?
- Strange Things may Surprise you about North Korea
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek
- Why Compare Cheap Airport Parking Valet Amenities for Vehicle Safety
- Everest base camp trek guide
- How to prepare for Annapurna base camp trek
- Manaslu Larke La pass Trekking
- 10 Wine Tasting Tips and Tricks for Napa Valley
- 6 Best National Parks In The Usa To Visit In Spring
- Migrating to Russia - All you need to know
- Russia travel tips - is it safe to travel to russia ?
- Things to Do in Dalat at Night
- The Best Nightlife Activities in Mui Ne
- Places to Visit at Night in Phu Quoc, Vietnam
- Everest Base Camp Trek Via Gokyo Lake
- Nightlife Destinations in Hai Phong Vietnam
- Three Reasons You'll Want to Fly With Just a Carry-On Bag
- How to travel with a pet to Vietnam
- 4 Tips When Choosing a Carry-on Bag
- Kickstart Your Paragliding Career With These Quick Tips
- 5 Places for Great Third Wave Coffee in Barcelona
- Flying by private jet is not an indulgence, reserved for of the social elite
- Top 10 Essentials for an Enjoyable Motorcycle Camping Trip
- The Best Activities for Bristol Stag Parties
- Apply for India tourist visa?
- 8 Tips to be a savvy dental tourist and enjoy your dental vacation in Vietnam
- Tips for a Safe and Trouble Free Motorcycle Camping Trip
- Top ten hen party destinations
- Are Boating Holidays the Best Holidays?
- Travel Rewards Roundup: August 2019