Fast Diabetic Testing
- Author Martin North Rn Bsn
- Published September 9, 2014
- Word count 587
If diagnosed with diabetes, you must control excessive carbohydrate intake and remain on a healthy diet. Maintaining stable and well controlled blood glucose levels are essential to ward off the nasty effects of diabetes. You can easily do this by regularly checking your blood glucose levels with a blood sugar monitor also known as a glucometer. While it’s easy to get overwhelmed with all the options available, the Accu-Check brand is among the leading manufacturers of blood glucose monitors, and is an excellent value.
A common question posed by newly diagnosed diabetics is: what is the most versatile and user friendly glucometer available? The Accu-Check Aviva easily meets both of these user needs along with other functions that were created to allow easy blood sugar testing. It also comes with an "advanced" lancet that ensures a minimal amount of pain when pricking the skin for a blood sample. The device ensures 97% accuracy, which means less cash spent on having to retest any false positives. Most of the errors are actually the result of improper usage including inadequately filling the test strip. Fortunately, this meter requires a very small amount of blood thereby making inadequate filling rarely a problem.
Most diabetics are already spending a mountain of money on drugs and insulin shots, so the relative low cost of buying an Accu-Check blood glucose monitor is a huge benefit. This includes many of the required accessories that have to be purchase from time to time, including the lancets and test strips. Fortunately, the meter is covered by most insurance plans including Medicare, thereby allowing you to keep more money in your pocket. A drawback is the cost of the testing strips relative to other brands, but truly a minor inconvenience compared to the performance of this device.
The Accu-Check Aviva allows you to check blood at six different body locations so that you can give your sore fingers a rest from time to time. It is also easy to adjust the lancet for ideal depth depending on the thickness of your skin. Also, the lithium battery allows for 1,000 tests which should allow the average Accu-Check Aviva user about 9 months of testing assuming 4 tests per day.
The Accu-Check is small and will easily fit in your hand letting you readily assess your blood from any location. It measures 3.7 inches long by 2 inches wide by 0.9 inches thick and only weighs 2 ounces. The monitor also has an area where the lancet device can attach to so it won’t get lost on any trip away from home. Simply turn it on, prick an area of your skin, and add the test sample to the monitor for an accurate reading 97% of the time. In addition, the Aviva offers 7, 14, and 30 day blood glucose averaging, 4 customizable test reminders, and a downloadable 500 test memory.
You can get a reading on your Accu-Check Aviva in as little as 5 seconds with proper usage. The display also glows in the dark letting you easily read the meter at night while all of your readings are additionally kept for the last 500 readings, so that you can easily share your results with your physician.
The Accu-Check Aviva truly is an excellent glucometer with numerous benefits and one that will surely make your life much easier and more importantly, healthy.
Disclaimer: The information contained herein is for educational purposes only and should not be considered medical advice. Please consult your own health care provider for advice on how to treat any medical condition.
Martin North Rn,Bsn has 15 years clinical experience caring for diabetic patients and is committed to providing helpful information to those affected. Please visit http://www.reducemybloodsugar.com for information about how diabetes can be reversed.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- NJ Medical Marijuana Got Cheaper in July 2020
- Clinical Equipment Makers Fight To Fulfill Local Request Amid Of Coronavirus Flare-Up
- Excision of Mucocele Using Dental DIODE LASER
- Everything you need to know about CBD oil
- Acupuncture in London
- None of Us Are Above the Placebo Effect
- What Role Does a Hospital Chargemaster Play in Revenue Cycle Management?
- Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) Trends for 2020
- What to do when you have a Toothache
- Super Vidalista
- Clinical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well
- What Are Uses, Doses And Side Effects Of Xenical
- Save Thousands by Getting Veneers Done in Colombia
- Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Bone Regeneration: All You Need to Know
- What Is Dilaudid?
- What Is Diazepam?
- Benefits And Uses Of CBD Oil
- CBD and Fitness: A Match Made in Heaven?
- How to Incorporate CBD into Your Daily Routine
- Does the rain on the plain increase your pain?
- Arthritis Isn't for the Weak
- Infertility In the West Is Becoming An Increasing Problem
- Which is the safer consumption of pill- oral or vaginal administration?
- 5 Common Types Of Arthritis
- What is Lortab?
- How Can Cannabis Help People With Multiple Sclerosis?
- 6 Ways to Find the Best Pediatrician for Your Kids- JPCKIDS
- Eat Right to Beat Cancer with Diet
- ADHD Medications – Are You Getting The Full Story And Giving Your Child The Best Possible Treatment?