Tried And Tested Methods For Unblocking Drains
- Author Diane Louise Villanueva
- Published December 22, 2014
- Word count 589
Unblocking drains isn’t that difficult at all unless of course the blockage is too stubborn to remove. In households, blocked kitchen or bathroom sink drains are a common problem. In fact, according to surveys, blocked drains are on top of the list of the most frequent plumbing emergencies reported this year. And it’s not surprising at all. Every time you use your plumbing or your sink for that matter, soiled water isn’t the only thing that goes down the drain. It takes grease, oily substances and sticky food particles along with it. And that is why professional plumbers recommend regular drain cleaning. Now just to get you ready in case you experience such an annoying plumbing issue, here are some tried and tested methods for unblocking drains!
- Use boiling hot water.
The cheapest way to get rid of drain clogs is to use boiling hot water. Simply boil water in a kettle and pour it into the drain to wash off substances that have accumulated inside the pipe.
- Use baking soda and vinegar.
Another popular method to unclog sinks is through the use of baking soda and vinegar. Simply pour a cup of this easy-to-procure cooking ingredient and then follow it up with a cup if vinegar. Any kind will do. Let the two create a chemical reaction to extinguish the waste materials that cling onto the walls of the drainpipes.
- Use baking soda and lemon juice.
Now if you want to give your drain a clean, fresh scent, substitute vinegar with lemon juice. There’s no need to make use of fresh lemons. You can just get a lemon juice concentrate from the grocery. Application of these two ingredients is the same as that of baking soda and vinegar.
- Use Alka Seltzer & vinegar.
Now if you think that Alka Seltzer’s only function is to restore your stomach’s good condition (you know, get rid of hyperacidity and indigestion), you’re mistaken. This wonder medicine can also be used to eradicate minor blockages in your drains. Simply drop three to four tabs into the sink hole then pour vinegar. The two will also create a fizzing effect similar to baking soda and vinegar.
- Use borax, salt and baking soda.
Another well-known natural drain unclogger is the combination of ¼ cup of borax, ¼ cup of salt and ½ cup of baking soda. Combine the ingredients thoroughly and pour the mixture into the sink hole. Follow it up with vinegar and once the fizzing stops, pour hot water to wash the leftover ingredients down the drain.
- Use your good old plunger.
When all these methods don’t work, it’s time to get back to using your good ol’ plunger. Simply fill the sink with water, just enough to cover the rubber part of the plunger. Position it right on top of the sink hole and start plunging up and down, in a consistent pace. Repeat the process until the clog is removed.
- Use a reliable plumbing snake.
Now if you have a really nasty, stubborn blockage in your drain, it’s better to use a plumbing snake. Remove the sink trap and insert the snake into the hole. Turn the crank clockwise until the auger touches onto something solid. When you feel the clog, push and pull the snake a little to break into it. Keep turning the crank if it’s too hard. When you no longer feel anything blocking the snake, slowly pull it out and dispose of the waste materials that you just hooked out.
I hope that these tips will help you unclog your drains immediately. Remember, if DIY plumbing doesn’t work, simply hire a West Palm Beach plumber. Call Plumbers 911 Florida or visit their website to find out all about their services!Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- SUMMARY - YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Part 2 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Part 1 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- How to Choose the Best Roof Installation Service Provider for Your House?
- 5 Simple Ways Indoor Plantation Shutters Enhance Home Décor
- Tips for house removals
- Tips and tricks from ZDT Kitchen Remodeling for a smooth home renovation
- Locksmith 4 U
- Tips For Painting Or Staining Your Patio Deck
- Removing Oil Out Of Carpet
- Why pay for home development when you may do it yourself?
- How to Clean Blinds the Best and Easiest Way
- How to Repair a Toilet
- Benefits of Using Blinds and Shutters for Windows
- Important Things To Know About Garage Door Opener Installation
- Do I need to flip my mattress?
- Why You Should Use an Epoxy Garage Floor Coating
- Top 10 Kitchen Cabinet Door Trends in 2020
- 10 Myths About Bedbugs
- The Story Of The Granite That Is Used For Your Worktops
- Push Lawn Mowers - All Yo need to know
- Major Considerations for Liquid Floor Screed
- The Benefits of Using Tiles in Your Home
- Air Duct Cleaning and Disinfecting Reviews
- Where Does All This Dust In My House Come From?
- Is a Portable Solar Battery Generator Right for Your Next Purchase?
- There Are Many Ways To Update Your Kitchen In Hertford
- Choosing the Right Floor for Your Next Home
- Various Benefits of Sealants and Adhesives as Correctional Materials
- How a Home Can Promote Longevity through the Principles of Wellness Design