Your Immune System-Security System For Your Body
- Author Ron Sauciron
- Published November 5, 2014
- Word count 699
Your immune system is your body’s defense against all toxic invaders. Anything that attempts to enter your body with the intention of doing bodily harm is targeted and attacked with vigor. Let me clarify that statement. Attacked with vigor providing you are a healthy person in excellent condition. The most significant elements of your immune system are the Spleen, the Bone Marrow, and the Thymus Gland.
Other significant players on this team are Enzymatic Proteins and the Lymphatic System with white blood cells and Lymphocytes which make up the backbone of your immune system. It is on guard 24/7 searching for antigens (proteins) that don’t belong in your body. It can defend against a variety of invaders such as bacteria, viruses, parasites, and fungus. It can also recognize potential antigens such as insect venom, drugs, pollens, and chemicals.
And as we all know, it can recognize foreign tissue like transplanted organs. How many times have you heard on the news, "the organ transplant was a success, now there is a waiting period to see if the patient’s body will reject the transplanted organ".
As mentioned earlier, your immune system functions at peak efficiency if you are a healthy person in excellent condition. Is yours functioning at peak efficiency ? There’s a quick way to find out. Do you get chronic infections on a regular basis, do you get colds and the flu, or do you get nail fungus or respiratory allergies ? If you answered yes to any of those questions then it could probably use a tune-up.
So if your immune system is not functioning at peak efficiency, what is the reason ? There could be any number of reasons. Tops on the list are diet and nutrition. If your diet consists of fast foods, soft drinks, fried foods and sweet treats, then your immune system will suffer. If you use antibiotics on a regular basis, use drugs (over the counter, prescription, or illegal), if you smoke or live with a smoker, or if you consume more than two alcoholic drinks a day on a regular basis, your immune system will suffer.
Improving Your Immune System
What To Avoid And What To Add To Your Supplement Arsenal
Your immune system is your protector. It keeps you safe from all the potential ailments out there. Those ailments come in the form of diseases, virus, bacterial infections, too many to name on an individual basis. There are so many diseases and ailments out there waiting for just a little flaw in our immune systems defenses that it takes volumes of medical books to cover them all. At last count approximately 12,000 diseases and ailments are on record. And to make matters worse, there are new ailments developing on a regular basis.
And believe it or not, a well-tuned immune system can handle anything that comes it’s way. The key phrase here is well-tuned. In order to keep your immune system well-tuned you will need to perform maintenance and preventive maintenance on a regular basis.
Let’s take a look at preventative maintenance. Today’s diet for our fast paced society consists of fast food, processed food, 21% sugar, and 38% fat which all suppress immune function. The saturated fats in pastries, fried foods, and grain fed beef are the main culprits. Refined sugar is also a major immune suppressant. If a person were to consume a large candy bar at 8AM, that person’s immune function would be vulnerable to serious attack until 1PM. The enemies of your immune system love sugar. During those five hours, sugar is destroying the ability of the white blood cells to kill germs, and the bad guys have a five hour window of opportunity.
So If you avoid fried foods, refined sugar, and grain-fed beef you will significantly improve your immune system's ability to fight off viral attacks, and anything else that attempts an attack on your body's defenses . You can fine tune your immune system by taking antioxidant supplements like Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Resveratrol, and drinking 64 oz of steam distilled water daily.
Your body possesses the remarkable ability to heal itself. With a little help from you that task will be made much simpler.
Immune function is everyone's concern, men and women, young and old. There are, however, some ailments that target more women than men. And there are some ailments that target women exclusively. I have written an ebook that addresses some of those ailments. It's titled Health Springs Eternal, A Holistic Approach to Women's Health Issues. Go to http://www.VitaminAndHerbalHealth.com for more information and a sample chapter of the bookArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- These 6 Google Analytics Mistakes Should Be Avoided
- What to Ask Your Hawaii Contractor Before Remodeling Your Bathroom
- More content isn't necessarily better for Google rankings.
- Different Hand Tools Within a Dental Practice
- 5 Easy Upgrades To Make To Your Home
- What are the Major Benefits of Insulation?
- Why Should You Get Insulation for Your Home?
- New HGRBS Homeowner’s Guide Series #4 - Do We Give ‘Social Networks’ More Attention Than Our Homes?
- When Are Corporate and Personal Taxes Due in Canada in 2021?
- Why Insulation Is Essential Today
- We are teaching and saying…become your own business: Dr. Marcia Ann Coppertino
- Key Benefits of Insulation
- Home Decoration - Inexpensive Ways to Liven Up Your Rooms!
- What A Handyman Can Do For You
- Why Window Tinting Cars Is Beneficial
- Benefits of Customized Pressure Washing
- Black Girls in Crisis...What Ma'Khia Bryant's Death Reveals
- How Can Office Users And Commercial Real Estate Brokers Adapt To The New Future?
- Understanding The Benefits of Insulation
- Home Design - Brighten Up Your Environment
- Why Handyman Services Are Essential
- How to reduce weight by doing exercise at home?
- 10 Great Things To Do When Lockdown Ends
- Socialism and Capitalism VS Concentrated Wealth/Power
- Some Common Healthy Activities to Slow Aging
- Why You Should Insulate Your Conservatory
- Pakawaste installation at Wood Wharf development
- Why your business needs cloud services?
- How to run a Group Action
- What are the benefits of painting your home?