Why international business students choose Barcelona to study?
- Author Marta Barcino
- Published January 11, 2015
- Word count 573
Why in the recent years more and more students chose to study in an international business school in Barcelona and the number of international students has more than tripled in the last five years in this beautiful Mediterranean city? The answer to this question lies in all the advantages that Barcelona has to offer for those studying business and wishing to become successful business professionals and entrepreneurs.
To start with the location of Barcelona – between the bulk of Spain and the northern heart of Europe, and also facing the Mediterranean sea and the emerging markets of north Africa remains a strategic advantage for the economic success of Barcelona and for the international companies located in the city. Barcelona is home to more than 60% of all foreign companies located in Spain. Because of its excellent location, it is not surprising, that Barcelona attracts highly qualified international professionals, embraces mobility, and serves as a development point for new ideas, products and services.
The authorities of Barcelona offer different instruments to help foster innovation and access to knowledge and technology in companies with the aim of generating new business opportunities and opening new markets. Thus, a special district called 22@ has been created in Barcelona which enlists innovative companies to work with their network of associations, which included members like: the Network of Science and Technology Parks of Catalonia, the Association of Science and Technology Parks of Spain, and the International Association of Science Parks.
Apart from this, according to European Cities Monitor, Barcelona is recognized as one of the best cities in Europe and in the world for doing business, and the city best promoted as a business center after London. Mild climate, nice sandy beaches and low level of criminality, as well as good transportation and the existence of a big international airport, also make Barcelona as the top European city for the quality of life for workers. European Cities Monitor is not the only report that gives Barcelona a high world ranking. While Ernst & Young’s European Attractiveness Survey for 2011 ranks it as the 6th most attractive city in Europe to be based in, their "Citizens for Citizens" report presents the city as the most admired for its urban development model.
Considering the good climate for doing business, Barcelona is a particularly entrepreneurial city. Its multicultural environment and stable economy attract ambitious entrepreneurs not only from Spain but from many European and non-European countries. The capacity for entrepreneurial initiatives, talent and creativity of entrepreneurs in Barcelona are constantly rewarded by local governmental organizations, such as Barcelona Activa, which promote entrepreneurship as means for developing local economy and attracting foreign investment into the region. The economic indicators show how the city has been opening up to the outside world: exports that have grown by nearly 15% with respect to 2010 and the year-on-year increases in the tourist industry are over 15%.
For students studying business in an international business school in Barcelona, being based in this city, gives a great opportunity for developing a network of like-minded people and business professionals who live and work in Barcelona. Barcelona also opens doors for the future business graduates to many of the foreign companies located in the city, thus providing them with better internships and employment opportunities. Choosing an international business management in spain is also not difficult – different business schools in Barcelona offer management specializations of all kind; so each student can study whatever is more interesting for them.
This article is written by Marta Barcino, A staff of Global Business School Barcelona an international business school in Barcelona.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What Are the Most Common Errors When Proofreading an Essay?
- Cyber Security Certifications the New Frontier in the IT
- 10 Benefits of Working While Studying
- Want to Study Abroad? Check out the pros and cons of studying abroad!
- Urgent Finance Assignment Help
- How much Assignment Help is necessary for a student?
- Are you struggling to write an academic essay?
- Why quantitative analysis is the master key to a successful thesis
- Get Statistics Assignment Help Online
- Get Statistics Assignment Help
- Top 10 tips on how to combine your part-time work and studies in the UK
- Speculations on a Quantum Model of Gravity
- How To Avoid Plagiarism (Copy And Paste) In Research Writing
- What Is Research?
- The Most Effective Method To Choose A Good Project Topic
- Progressive IT universities in USA
- What is Free and Fair Election?
- How To Write A Final Year Research Project or Dissertation
- Academic Writing Tips - How to Write a Book Report for College Level
- The Difference between Online and Traditional Classes
- Risk management
- Do Current Law Students Need: Remedial Study; and Different External Bar Preparation?
- Proofreading Your Assignment
- Should I visit the College?
- Examples Of Economics Thesis and Dissertation Topic Ideas for American Students
- Selecting a psychology degree program - the Ph.D, Ed.D, Psy.D and Ed.S
- Is Global Education Accessible to Asian Students?
- Ways to do stress-free coursework writing
- How to find a job right out of University
- Choose the Best Marketing Dissertation Topic Using 3 Tricks