Some reasons to choose a Business School in Europe
- Author Marta Barcino
- Published May 27, 2015
- Word count 485
The first American Master of Business Administration program, was founded at Tuck Business School at Dartmouth in 1900. America has been seen as the home of the MBA over the last century, indeed MBAs have only been offered in Europe since 1957. However, with 3 of the top 10 MBA programs now located in Europe, increasing numbers of students are applying to Business Schools in Europe, including students from America. The GMAC (Graduate Management Admissions Council) Geographic Trend Report for Europe states that: The number of GMAT score reports received by programs in the top 10 European countries increased 96 percent between TY 2005 and TY 2009, outpacing a worldwide increase of 41 percent over the same period.
So what is behind this huge increase? Let's take a look at some of the reasons prospective MBA students are increasingly choosing to study at Business School in Europe. Typically, American institutions focus on finance and consulting, with graduates tending to specialize in these areas. However, due to the economic downturn, jobs in these areas are scarce and the advantages of studying a wider range of specialisms have never been so apparent. A Business School in Europe will typically cover the areas mentioned above, but will also offer courses in other areas such as management, marketing and entrepreneurship, meaning their graduates are more well-rounded and adaptable - a key quality in today's job market.
Speaking of job markets, Europe is now known as a great place to make contacts and find job opportunities. There are a couple of reasons for this. Firstly, European businesses tend to develop links and contacts more easily, as they are used to trading outside of their own country, and geographically are in a great position to do so with so many other countries on their doorstep. And again, as mentioned above, as a Business School in Europe will focus on a number of different areas, they tend to also make contacts with industry figures in these areas, meaning students are exposed to a wider variety of industries. Take Spain as an example: Barcelona is the eighth most popular city in the world for MBA studies, as it is in a convenient location for travel to many European countries, and is a base for Spanish industries such as the retail and financial sectors.
In the current economic climate, this increased diversity and adaptability can only be an advantage. In 2009, for example, GMAC reported that three quarters of Europeans who earned a business degree in 2009 got a job within a few months of graduating. Another important advantage to studying at a Business School in Europe is that costs tend to be a lower than at American institutions. Whilst an MBA in a top American school could cost you upwards of $150,000, a similar program at a European school costs around half that price! So the real question is, with so many advantages to studying at a Business School in Europe, why go anywhere else?
This article is written by Marta Barcino, A staff member of the international Business School Global Business School Barcelona where you can find one of the best Business School in Europe.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What Are the Most Common Errors When Proofreading an Essay?
- Cyber Security Certifications the New Frontier in the IT
- 10 Benefits of Working While Studying
- Want to Study Abroad? Check out the pros and cons of studying abroad!
- Urgent Finance Assignment Help
- How much Assignment Help is necessary for a student?
- Are you struggling to write an academic essay?
- Why quantitative analysis is the master key to a successful thesis
- Get Statistics Assignment Help Online
- Get Statistics Assignment Help
- Top 10 tips on how to combine your part-time work and studies in the UK
- Speculations on a Quantum Model of Gravity
- How To Avoid Plagiarism (Copy And Paste) In Research Writing
- What Is Research?
- The Most Effective Method To Choose A Good Project Topic
- Progressive IT universities in USA
- What is Free and Fair Election?
- How To Write A Final Year Research Project or Dissertation
- Academic Writing Tips - How to Write a Book Report for College Level
- The Difference between Online and Traditional Classes
- Risk management
- Do Current Law Students Need: Remedial Study; and Different External Bar Preparation?
- Proofreading Your Assignment
- Should I visit the College?
- Examples Of Economics Thesis and Dissertation Topic Ideas for American Students
- Selecting a psychology degree program - the Ph.D, Ed.D, Psy.D and Ed.S
- Is Global Education Accessible to Asian Students?
- Ways to do stress-free coursework writing
- How to find a job right out of University
- Choose the Best Marketing Dissertation Topic Using 3 Tricks