APRIL Education and Training in Sustainable Forest Management
- Author Irvan Yaowita
- Published June 4, 2015
- Word count 406
APRIL is one of palm oil companies in Indonesia that face deforestation accusation from Greenpeace, but the company answers the accusation with proofs of progress in sustainable forest management. The company has been among the most consistent among many palm oil giants in Indonesia that do continuous sustainable efforts in each stage of production, as well as restoring the damaged land and protecting existing forest areas that have high conservation value. The company also teaches the principle to local communities, spreading the knowledge and skill in sustainability around larger areas.
APRIL Education to Local Farmers in Sustainability
APRIL works together with independent oil palm farmers in its operation, and therefore, the farmers also get education and training in sustainability. For example, the company trains farmers how to open the land for plantation with methods that reduce the risk of forest fire as well as waste. Also, the farmers learn how to do farming with efficient waste management and even recycling efforts, which can improve productivity besides reducing waste.
Local farmers also get training and education in conservation, making sure that all oil palm farmers understand to apply and even have initiative in sustainable farming practices. As for local communities, APRIL also provides educational programs for locals to improve knowledge and bring ideas as well as initiatives to start sustainable small business or conservation-focused efforts in daily life, such as recycle and reuse in household activities. With these efforts, APRIL wants to make sure that the sustainability and conservation efforts are understood and spread by local communities.
Positive Results in Sustainability-Focused Programs
APRIL efforts in educating and training local communities and farmers have shown positive results. For example, the company’s latest Stakeholder Advisory Committee reports showed that APRIL has managed to protect about 250,000 hectares of land with high conservation value. Also, the company has kept its commitment to plant about 150 millions of trees every year with the help of local communities. APRIL has also restored 40,000 hectares of damaged land and even acquired the right to restore lands in Kampar Peninsula and Padang Island.
APRIL has faced severe accusation from Greenpeace about deforestation, so the positive results in sustainability policies and programs are great answers from the company to the accusation. Also, the efforts of education and training for surrounding local communities make sure that the company’s sustainable forest management efforts spread widely, improving positive results of conservation program in bigger areas with high conservation values.
APRIL Education and Training in Sustainable Forest Managementhttp://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Water Removal Solutions for Building Sites
- Five Facts About Renewable Energy That You Need To Know
- Not just cheap energy – why should you consider installing solar panels?
- What are the benefits of camping?
- 10 Most Practiced Economic Activities in Vietnam
- 9 Types of Economic Industries Found in Vietnam
- 5 Mineral Resources Found in Vietnam
- Climate change: It is happening right here and right now.
- Climate change
- Types of Environmental Remediation
- Undertake CAT Course to Create a Safe Work Environment
- The Most Deadly Strain of Ebola Strikes Again
- Advanced Waste Management System in Major Australian Cities
- Top 3 Things Every Dental Practice Should Do About Their Waste Starting From Today
- 4 Staggering Facts About Hazardous Waste
- Best Practices And Etiquette For Lab Waste Disposals
- The Case for Top-down Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) in the developing world
- 7 Tips To Manage Your Chemical Waste Disposal
- Why Hazardous Waste Disposal Can Be A Problem
- The 7 Most Common Metals That Can Be Recycled
- Precious metal refining do’s and don’ts
- What is biohazardous waste?
- How to properly dispose of paint and consequences for not doing it correctly
- How Do You Dispose Of Healthcare Waste?
- What Is The Difference Between Offensive And Hazardous Waste?
- Plastic is polluting our oceans
- How do storms impact wastewater pumps
- Environmental Analysis and Industry
- What to know about shoreline cleanup
- Biofilters for air pollution control