Symptoms of a nervous stomach
- Author Maryann Courtney
- Published June 4, 2015
- Word count 301
Many people know and have experienced the symptoms of a nervous stomach. It will usually start with feelings of stress or anxiety and it can also include constipation, stomach pain, at times along with acute bowel movements.
Often there is a feeling of a stomach ache, fullness, heartburn and perhaps bloating and belching. With some people they can experience a poor appetite, vomiting, and nausea. The symptoms can vary from person to person, but most times, the nervous stomach is associated to stress, so it is important to treat the nervous system concurrently is as important as treating the digestive system.
Besides stress and anxiety a poor diet including sweets, spicy foods, smoking and drinking can all trigger off a nervous stomach. It is important to avoid everything that will irritate the membranes of the stomach such as, fatty foods, coffee, alcohol, smoking and of course reducing stress.
Diet along with aromatherapy, relaxation techniques and herbal teas all can help relieve the discomfort of a nervous stomach. Herbal teas that are wonderful for stress are- chamomile flowers, peppermint leaves, passionflower, skullcap, and lemon balm.
For soothing the stomach, drink- peppermint or ginger tea, they both settle and sooth the stomach within minutes.
Relaxation techniques will help reduce stress and slow down a hectic pace. Try taking regular breaks to stretch, relax and breathe deeply to help calm your nerves and you will feel calmer within a few minutes. Yoga, meditation, music or any other activity that you find calming will bring relief.
Diet- don’t rush your meals always eat in a relaxing atmosphere and enjoy every bite. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables and avoid sweets, fried foods, meat products as well as nicotine and alcohol.
If the anxiety and stress continue it would be wise to seek medical help.
My passion is sharing information on alternative remedies to treat common ailments. I have a blog with treatments and remedies please visit.http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- None of Us Are Above the Placebo Effect
- What to do when you have a Toothache
- Super Vidalista
- Clinical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well
- What Are Uses, Doses And Side Effects Of Xenical
- Save Thousands by Getting Veneers Done in Colombia
- Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Bone Regeneration: All You Need to Know
- What Is Dilaudid?
- What Is Diazepam?
- Benefits And Uses Of CBD Oil
- CBD and Fitness: A Match Made in Heaven?
- How to Incorporate CBD into Your Daily Routine
- Does the rain on the plain increase your pain?
- Arthritis Isn't for the Weak
- Infertility In the West Is Becoming An Increasing Problem
- Which is the safer consumption of pill- oral or vaginal administration?
- 5 Common Types Of Arthritis
- What is Lortab?
- How Can Cannabis Help People With Multiple Sclerosis?
- 6 Ways to Find the Best Pediatrician for Your Kids- JPCKIDS
- Eat Right to Beat Cancer with Diet
- ADHD Medications – Are You Getting The Full Story And Giving Your Child The Best Possible Treatment?
- How this New Medical Device Could Help Save a Hundred Thousand American Lives Annually
- What Is CBD?
- Dental tourism in Vietnam: Safe or not?
- What you need to know before traveling to Vietnam for dental care
- #1 Home Remedy To Typhoid And Malaria
- Fight Nervousness with CBD
- Nosebleed in Children