Chelsea are the new Premier League champions
- Author Mikel Pole
- Published May 29, 2015
- Word count 412
The Blues have clinched their fifth English league title after a 1 – 0 win over Crystal Palace. This Premier League title will be Mourinho’s eighth league triumph across Europe. The Portuguese boss has won two title with Porto, two in Italy at Inter, one with Real Madrid and three with Chelsea in England. For other top teams the title is gone but the fight for Champions League places is still on.
Just a minute before the half-time break, Eden Hazard’s penalty against Crystal Palace was saved but the Belgian headed-in the rebound and allowed his side to amass an unattainable tally of 83 points this season. The West Londoners celebrated at the Stamford Bridge on Sunday and they can now play more freely in the remaining three fixtures.
In the post match interview after the match against the Eagles, Mourinho said: "I could choose another club in another country where it is easier to be champion but I chose the most difficult league in Europe where I was happy before.
"In my country, Portugal, we say don’t go back to where you were happy before because it is a risk.
"But I have taken that risk and I’m so happy because I won another Premier League 10 years later in my second spell. To win titles with two generations, 10 years apart, I feel I have a place in Chelsea’s history.
The 52-year-old feels that his side has done everything to show they were the best in England this season and the criticisms against them are unfair.
"I think we showed everything football demands from a team since day one. We have had fantastic attacking football, fantastic domination, high possession, low possession and defended amazingly well.
"There is a saying in my country for the ones that have big faces and say we don’t deserve it – ‘the dogs bark and the caravan goes by’. They may not say but they know."
Louis van Gaal’s Manchester United lost their third match in a row, thereby giving up on the top three finish. Brendan Rodgers’ Liverpool are slowly catching up and there is just a four points gap between the two rivals. The Merseyside giants face the newly crowned champions at the Stamford Bridge at the weekend. Man United can’t afford more slip-ups, although, one can expect Chelsea to beat Liverpool at home. If Liverpool lose and United win this weekend, all the places in the top four would be sealed.
There are no posted comments.
- How To Win IDN Play ?
- Are Online Casinos the Future of Gambling?
- The Importance of Blackjack Online
- Understanding Betting Odds For Successful Online Gambling
- How to Play Baccarat
- The Game of Blackjack Online and Its Popularity
- Gambling is all about chemistry in your brain
- The Benefits of RTG Casinos
- Love of Online Slot Machines
- 5 Things to do Before Playing Online Poker
- Technological Innovations and Development of New Games
- Slot Machines - How They Work
- Online Bingo Game Secrets
- BetVision - The main sponsors of Team Singapore at the upcoming IFMP Asia Nations Cup!
- How to Win Blackjack - A Guide
- Roulette: History & Origins
- Wizard Of Oz Slot Game
- The Future of Online Gambling and AI
- And The Journey Begins
- Everything you need to know about Sbobet Malaysia.
- How I Turn Promotions Into Risk-Free Cash, And You Can Too.
- Read This Before Involving in Online Gambling
- Is Playing Slots Online Safe and Fair?
- Learn how to predict football matches successfully
- Most Famous Fictional Gambling Characters
- Popular Characters in Slot Games
- 4 Tricks Casinos Use To Make You Spend More
- Tips for choosing the right Casino Deposit Methods
- How Casinos Are Changing the Culture?
- Matched Betting for Dummies