What is EMV and what does October 2015 deadline mean for my business?
- Author Lamia Michelle
- Published June 20, 2015
- Word count 351
As you know, Netcom PaySystem recently announced that many of our payment solutions will now incorporate EMV payment capability. This means that merchants will now have devices that are EMV capable – delivering the latest in fraud prevention technology. Starting, October 2015, all of U.S. merchants will have a liability shift for chargeback protection if they are not using EMV-enabled devices. So it’s a good idea for merchants to stay ahead of the curve on this.
But what does this really mean to you? Here’s a quick breakdown.
What is EMV?
EMV is an abbreviation for Europay, MasterCard and Visa and is an internationally adopted payments standard that utilizes microchip technology to authenticate and process debit card and credit card transactions. EMV chip cards contain embedded microprocessors that provide strong transaction security features and other application capabilities not possible with traditional magnetic stripe cards. Today, EMVCo manages, maintains and enhances the specifications. EMVCo is owned by American Express, Discover, JCB, MasterCard, UnionPay, and Visa.
What are the benefits of EMV?
The biggest and most important benefit of EMV is the reduction in card fraud resulting from counterfeit, lost and stolen cards. EMV also provides interoperability with the global payments infrastructure – consumers with EMV chip payment cards can use their card on any EMV-compatible payment terminal. EMV technology supports enhanced cardholder verification methods and, unlike magnetic stripe cards, EMV payment cards can also be used to secure online payment transactions.
About Netcom PaySystem
Netcom PaySystem prides itself on being as eager to practice good, old-fashioned customer care as it is to pioneer new products. Netcom PaySystem is proud to provide the most up to date and innovative products such as m-Commerce Mobile Solutions, EMV Capability, ISV/SDK and Virtual Terminal Solutions. In addition, the company offers the merchant access to POS Systems, eCommerce, ACH Check Services, Check Guarantee, Recurring Billing, Check21, BOC, Credit and Debit Card Processing, Gift and Loyalty Cards, and Merchant Working Capital.
If you are looking to process EMV transactions, contact us Today to Get Started at 800-875-6680 or for more information please visit www.netcompaysystem.com
Netcom PaySystem prides itself on being as eager to practice good, old-fashioned customer care as it is to pioneer new products.http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- THE #1 SHINGLE ROOF INSTALLER
- All About Clipping Path
- FIFA 20 De Rossi end of an era card leaks in the game
- Top 10 Low Budget Living Room Interior Decor Ideas
- The Key to Hire an Effective Virtual Assistant
- Curl Joining Process for Galvanizing Lines - Welding Galvanized Steel
- San Diego Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Attorney
- Benefits Of Hiring Shop Cleaning Services
- Affected by the COVID-19: the Global Seamless Steel Pipe Plant Has Reduced its Output to Upgrade
- Why You Should Hire Cleaning Services?
- How Is Regular Traditional Prototyping Different Than Rapid Prototyping?
- Tips to buy a good mobile at low price
- Criteria in Selecting English-to-French Translation Services
- MLM Software migration guidelines
- How to Recycle Old Electronics?
- How do I set up QuickBooks Online Backup?
- The majority of businesses have buildings which need maintenance
- A Lot Of The Services Required For Your Business Can Be Outsourced
- Features Of Using An Audio Translation Service
- Tips to Choosing a Manuscript Typing Service Provider
- Things to Consider When Choosing Rush Transcription Services
- 4 Tips When Choosing a Document Translation Service
- Bus Chartering Services in Singapore
- What is image clipping path and Clipping Path Services?
- Mastering Clipping Path is the decisive game changer for photo editors
- Upgrade your home with HWisel’s independent EV charging system - HWisel
- How Does Medical Coding Work? What Does a Medical Coder Do?
- Unique Strategies Today’s Top Medical Organizations Use to Maximize Revenue
- Educational Translation – Tricks Of The Trade
- Energy-Efficient Commercial Roofing System