7 Pointers to Help You Nail Consistency
- Author Barb Girson
- Published June 29, 2015
- Word count 618
Do you nail it when it comes to your product or service offerings? How compelling is your offering? Are you clear, concise, and, most important, consistent? Regardless of your business, this article will give you some pointers to nail it.
I was getting my manicure and pedicure the other day. The nail technician/owner, Min, offered me several cards. He asked, "Which manicure do you want today?"
He handed me several cards and each one outlined the difference and price between the services.
As my manicure started, I began thinking about the many nail salons where I have had my nails done. I could not recall any of them prior to this handing me cards (like a menu) to help me select my service. Yes, sometimes various services are listed on a board, or tucked away in a brochure, or described verbally…but this was different.
So, curious, I asked him, "What's the reason for defining the numerous choices in such a thorough manner?" and "How does it work for you?"
We conversed for nearly an hour about his business philosophies and I gleaned some valuable pointers that could apply to any product or service offering.
He explained the benefits of his method:
Every client gets the same quality service. Min wanted me to understand that even when a client selects the least expensive service, the quality is parallel to the most expensive choice. Does every client consistently get the same quality of your service or products?
Consistency is the key to success. We have heard this many times. McDonald’s success is defined by the company’s ability to be consistent, regardless of where you access their products. What do you do to ensure consistency occurs in your business?
Create an elegant and easy upsell. He placed the choices in front of me. Each manicure choice increased the length of time for the service. The basic did not include warm towels or a paraffin wax. He provided an easy opportunity to give his clients more. What can you offer to provide your clients the little extra? How can you make it easy for the clients to consider which option best fits their needs and wants?
Give your customer choices and let them decide. Thinking ahead to anticipate your client needs and desires will help you increase your business and give your clients the opportunity to make the best selection. Let them contemplate what will work best for them. If you are a service provider, give your client what they ask for and then think ahead to what else they might want.
Make it easy to train your new employees or team members by writing down your options. Even in the very large companies, there is often a caveat or practice that is left to interpretation. When you offer products or services, make sure the options are clearly identified in writing. Small businesses tend to skip this step, which often leads to preventable troubles down the road.
Ensure that your client understands what they are buying - what is included and what is not. If you have a physical product, this is easier to accomplish. In the case of service providers, it is critical to detail what your fees include and additional preferences that your client may want as an add-on.
Eliminate the temptation of favoritism. Min explained that he did not want his nail technicians to be influenced by favorite clients or big tippers. He proactively avoids this from happening by determining in advance the various service levels.
In other words, everyone gets the same level of selected service.
Follow these seven pointers on consistency in your business and you will ‘nail’ it just as Min has.
Barb Girson, International Direct Selling Industry expert, trainer and Registered Corporate Coach (TM), is a highly interactive, creative speaker and author offering professional skill development programs for workshops, leader retreats, annual conventions, and teleclass sales training programs. To contact Barb, sign up for her FREE sales training teleclass and get her Sales Strategies Ezine go to MySalesTactics.com.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- THE #1 SHINGLE ROOF INSTALLER
- All About Clipping Path
- FIFA 20 De Rossi end of an era card leaks in the game
- Top 10 Low Budget Living Room Interior Decor Ideas
- The Key to Hire an Effective Virtual Assistant
- Curl Joining Process for Galvanizing Lines - Welding Galvanized Steel
- San Diego Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Attorney
- Benefits Of Hiring Shop Cleaning Services
- Affected by the COVID-19: the Global Seamless Steel Pipe Plant Has Reduced its Output to Upgrade
- Why You Should Hire Cleaning Services?
- How Is Regular Traditional Prototyping Different Than Rapid Prototyping?
- Tips to buy a good mobile at low price
- Criteria in Selecting English-to-French Translation Services
- MLM Software migration guidelines
- How to Recycle Old Electronics?
- How do I set up QuickBooks Online Backup?
- The majority of businesses have buildings which need maintenance
- A Lot Of The Services Required For Your Business Can Be Outsourced
- Features Of Using An Audio Translation Service
- Tips to Choosing a Manuscript Typing Service Provider
- Things to Consider When Choosing Rush Transcription Services
- 4 Tips When Choosing a Document Translation Service
- Bus Chartering Services in Singapore
- What is image clipping path and Clipping Path Services?
- Mastering Clipping Path is the decisive game changer for photo editors
- Upgrade your home with HWisel’s independent EV charging system - HWisel
- How Does Medical Coding Work? What Does a Medical Coder Do?
- Unique Strategies Today’s Top Medical Organizations Use to Maximize Revenue
- Educational Translation – Tricks Of The Trade
- Energy-Efficient Commercial Roofing System