Suffer From Depression? Try One of These Natural Remedies
- Author Scott Sery
- Published August 13, 2015
- Word count 675
Depression takes a toll on millions of Americans. Some are clinically depressed for years on end; others go through cycles depending on the season and the weather. The bottom line is that those who suffer need to make sure they get the help they need. There are a variety of medications that can help alleviate the symptoms of depression, but those who suffer should use them only as a temporary "boost" to bring them out of the deepest part of their slump. To maintain a positive outlook on life, these lifestyle changes can help keep them elevated.
Change Up Your Diet
It is no lie: Americans have terrible diets. There are many who eat healthy, but there are many more that don’t discriminate what goes into their mouth. If it tastes good they will eat it. This can end up causing problems with all of the fats, cholesterol, sugars, preservatives, and chemicals in the food. Instead of just eating whatever looks appealing, try incorporating more of these foods into your diet: you won’t have to sacrifice taste either.
Whole Grains – White bread is one of the worst "foods" out there. The grains have been bleached out, and there is hardly anything left to provide nutrition. Instead, pass on the white and opt for a 9 grain or something similar. With all of the different types of breads out there, you are sure to find a healthy one that you like. In addition, oats for breakfast, brown rices, and other whole grains will help keep you healthy.
Fruits and Vegetables – It is astounding how many people get their only vegetables from pizza or other unhealthy foods that incorporate vegetables. What people need, however, is a lot more fruits and veggies.
The best way to eat these is to buy them from the produce section of the grocery store. Using the raw veggies you can then cook with them, eat them as is, or freeze them for later. If you don’t want to go through that hassle, frozen fruits and veggies are just as healthy as the raw kind (provided they don’t have added salt or other ingredients).
Lean Meats – One of the best diets that you can eat is the Mediterranean diet. This diet includes a lot of healthy fish; a meat that many Americans choose to skip over favoring instead beef and bacon. Fish, however, has a multitude of benefits.
Fatty fishes, like salmon, tuna, trout and other cold water fishes, are packed with Omega 3’s and essential nutrients. Eat these 2 or 3 times per week and your heart, brain, and body will thank you.
Change Up Your Exercise Patterns
One of the best ways to fight depression is to get moving! Exercise helps to release antioxidants and endorphins into the blood. These important components help to fight depression, relieve stress, and overall make you healthier.
Exercise doesn’t have to be hard! To many people think they have to hit the gym, when in actuality they just need to get off the couch. Here is a great starter exercise regimen that will help you to feel healthier and happier in no time:
Eat a healthy breakfast and then walk 1 mile – 20 minutes
Eat a healthy lunch and then walk 1 mile – 20 minutes
Eat a healthy dinner and then walk 1 mile – 20 minutes
1 hour before bed, walk 1 mile – 20 minutes
You hardly have to change your routine at all, you don’t have to put stress on your joints, and you definitely don’t need a gym for that. Instead of plopping in front of the TV for hours on end, get outside and enjoy your surroundings.
Skip the Dangerous Medications
There are a number of medications that can lead to serious complications. For example, many antidepressants can lead to birth defects if they are taken during pregnancy. Instead, opt for a healthier alternative and fight depression naturally. You may still need the medication on occasion to get you out of a slump, but maintain your healthy attitude with diet and exercise. Your heart will thank you.
Learn more about the dangers of taking depression medication on the Arentz Law website .Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Organically Approved, Scientifically Approved
- Everything To Know About Xanax
- Tramadol For Pain - Need To Know About Pain
- How do dangerous viruses like COVID-19 come about?
- 3 Complications of Untreated Sore Throat
- 8 Helpful Tips to Avoid Diabetes
- The Ancient Healing Practice of Acupuncture: Your Questions Answered
- How To Increase Your Immunity With Top Immune Boosters
- Can CBD Help With Rheumatoid Arthritis Pain?
- NJ Medical Marijuana Got Cheaper in July 2020
- Clinical Equipment Makers Fight To Fulfill Local Request Amid Of Coronavirus Flare-Up
- Excision of Mucocele Using Dental DIODE LASER
- Everything you need to know about CBD oil
- Acupuncture in London
- None of Us Are Above the Placebo Effect
- What Role Does a Hospital Chargemaster Play in Revenue Cycle Management?
- Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) Trends for 2020
- What to do when you have a Toothache
- Super Vidalista
- Clinical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well
- What Are Uses, Doses And Side Effects Of Xenical
- Save Thousands by Getting Veneers Done in Colombia
- Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Bone Regeneration: All You Need to Know
- What Is Dilaudid?
- What Is Diazepam?
- Benefits And Uses Of CBD Oil
- CBD and Fitness: A Match Made in Heaven?
- How to Incorporate CBD into Your Daily Routine
- Does the rain on the plain increase your pain?