Air Ambulance Types
- Author Ron Schaberg
- Published October 24, 2015
- Word count 403
The air ambulance industry has existed for almost 100 years now and during that time the services have evolved. From medevac services offered only in the army, the air ambulance industry has grown to help anyone in need. There are several different types of air ambulance planes that can be used to help people in need. Whether it is an accident that requires immediate attention or a longer journey home, there is a right air ambulance for any need.
A helicopter air ambulance is the most common form of air ambulances. The helicopter is how the industry started. There is some debate on when the first helicopter was used to transport an injured person, however most people point to WWI as the beginning. Since then multiple companies have formed to help that use helicopter air ambulances. The helicopter is the most common air ambulance and used for the most immediate needs. Typically helicopters are called into use when there is a car accident that has to close a highway, for example. Helicopters can be used for shorter flights in remote areas as well, where rescue can be affected by terrain.
Fixed wing aircraft is another type of air ambulance that can be propeller or jet powered. At Travel Care this is our specialty service. Your medical needs and location will factor into which plane is used for your flight. Fixed wing or jet air ambulances are used for longer flights and both offer something different for patients in need. Travel Care offers both options. Our fixed wing plane, the Cessna 340 RAM VI is used most frequently for shorter flights.
For international flights or longer domestic flights, a jet powered air ambulance, like our LearJet is used. A jet powered air ambulance can fly at a higher altitude than a fixed-wing plane. It also needs to stop less for fuel. A jet-powered air ambulance is also likely larger, which means more medical equipment can be carried onto the flight. All of our planes are equipped with modern communications tools as well as medical equipment.
No matter what your needs our fleet of air ambulances are available anytime you need us. Whether domestically or internationally, Travel Care Air can help get you home no matter what your medical issues. Travel Care equips each air ambulance flight with a medical staff and crew that will be attentive, and personable to help you home safe and in comfort.
Travel Care Air is the leading international air ambulance provider, serving the United States and global clients for over three decades.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Organically Approved, Scientifically Approved
- Everything To Know About Xanax
- Tramadol For Pain - Need To Know About Pain
- How do dangerous viruses like COVID-19 come about?
- 3 Complications of Untreated Sore Throat
- 8 Helpful Tips to Avoid Diabetes
- The Ancient Healing Practice of Acupuncture: Your Questions Answered
- How To Increase Your Immunity With Top Immune Boosters
- Can CBD Help With Rheumatoid Arthritis Pain?
- NJ Medical Marijuana Got Cheaper in July 2020
- Clinical Equipment Makers Fight To Fulfill Local Request Amid Of Coronavirus Flare-Up
- Excision of Mucocele Using Dental DIODE LASER
- Everything you need to know about CBD oil
- Acupuncture in London
- None of Us Are Above the Placebo Effect
- What Role Does a Hospital Chargemaster Play in Revenue Cycle Management?
- Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) Trends for 2020
- What to do when you have a Toothache
- Super Vidalista
- Clinical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well
- What Are Uses, Doses And Side Effects Of Xenical
- Save Thousands by Getting Veneers Done in Colombia
- Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Bone Regeneration: All You Need to Know
- What Is Dilaudid?
- What Is Diazepam?
- Benefits And Uses Of CBD Oil
- CBD and Fitness: A Match Made in Heaven?
- How to Incorporate CBD into Your Daily Routine
- Does the rain on the plain increase your pain?