Why Everyone Is In Sales
- Author Angela Roberts
- Published December 4, 2015
- Word count 444
You may not initially agree with this statement, but we believe everyone is in sales. Even if your job description doesn’t include selling products or services to customers, you are still in sales. As a professional, you are constantly selling yourself. Whether you’re currently employed or searching for a new position, every day is an opportunity to sell yourself to those around you.
If you are currently in the job market, make sure you are always in "sales mode" and working on your personal brand. Every resume submission, email exchange, and interview is a sales pitch. A helpful way to approach the situation is by considering yourself as a product in a store. If the hiring manager could walk up and down the aisles to choose the product (candidate) he thought would best fit his needs, what would make him choose you?
When you are shopping for flat screens TVs, what do you look for? Reliability? Performance? Cost? Consumer Complaints? Drawbacks? Differentiation factor? Here are a few things to consider when branding yourself:
§ What are your benefits?
§ What are your drawbacks/weaknesses?
§ What makes you better than the others? What makes you impressive?
§ What’s your image?
A crucial part of selling yourself during the job search is your resume. Your resume is like an advertisement for you, and it is responsible for creating interest and communicating your strengths as a candidate. If your resume’s content doesn’t stand out, there is a very small chance you will be selected for even an initial phone interview. You can make your resume stands out by listing your most recent and relevant work, any training you’ve complete or certificates you have earned, your key accomplishments, and impressive statistics directly relating to your job performance.
You should also evaluate your on-line presence as this will improve or degrade your personal brand. We will address your on line presence in future articles.
If you’re currently employed, you are selling yourself to your coworkers, managers, and clients. Having confidence in the ideas, skills, and qualities you bring to the table goes a long way with selling yourself to the people around the office. Upper management will take notice of an employee who shows initiative, is a natural leader, is always professional, has confidence in his abilities, and produces superior work.
Regardless of your position or employment status, don’t underestimate the fact that you are selling your personal brand every single day in every single interaction.
Have any questions? Ask the clinical trial staffing team here and we will be happy to help.
Investing in a Lifetime of Success,
For more complimentary Recruiting Tips, Clinical Recruitment Assistance, Interview Questions and Answers, Sign up for our email courses that will help you to become a more productive candidate. Visit us on www.craresources.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- THE #1 SHINGLE ROOF INSTALLER
- All About Clipping Path
- FIFA 20 De Rossi end of an era card leaks in the game
- Top 10 Low Budget Living Room Interior Decor Ideas
- The Key to Hire an Effective Virtual Assistant
- Curl Joining Process for Galvanizing Lines - Welding Galvanized Steel
- San Diego Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Attorney
- Benefits Of Hiring Shop Cleaning Services
- Affected by the COVID-19: the Global Seamless Steel Pipe Plant Has Reduced its Output to Upgrade
- Why You Should Hire Cleaning Services?
- How Is Regular Traditional Prototyping Different Than Rapid Prototyping?
- Tips to buy a good mobile at low price
- Criteria in Selecting English-to-French Translation Services
- MLM Software migration guidelines
- How to Recycle Old Electronics?
- How do I set up QuickBooks Online Backup?
- The majority of businesses have buildings which need maintenance
- A Lot Of The Services Required For Your Business Can Be Outsourced
- Features Of Using An Audio Translation Service
- Tips to Choosing a Manuscript Typing Service Provider
- Things to Consider When Choosing Rush Transcription Services
- 4 Tips When Choosing a Document Translation Service
- Bus Chartering Services in Singapore
- What is image clipping path and Clipping Path Services?
- Mastering Clipping Path is the decisive game changer for photo editors
- Upgrade your home with HWisel’s independent EV charging system - HWisel
- How Does Medical Coding Work? What Does a Medical Coder Do?
- Unique Strategies Today’s Top Medical Organizations Use to Maximize Revenue
- Educational Translation – Tricks Of The Trade
- Energy-Efficient Commercial Roofing System