Status of counterfeiting Medicines in Developed Nations
- Author Peter Anderson
- Published December 27, 2015
- Word count 400
When talking about drug counterfeiting, developing and less developed countries are the first in line to being victimized. Third world countries are targeted since they mostly lack awareness, have unstable regulations and policies and are led by corrupt officials. Even those cities known for strict implementation of rules such as Jakarta, Indonesia and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia which impose immediate execution for illegal drug smugglers have a high number of rampant black markets across their streets under the pretense of being a part of the legitimate businesses.
But just as what The Peterson Group, one of the leading sources of information regarding counterfeit medicines reiterates, developed countries are not exempted from this critical phenomenon. Certainly, meticulously established guidelines regulating the production and distribution of pharmaceuticals, rigorous border controls, organized and coordinated consumers’ organizations and empowered national and private surveillance services are deterring factor for counterfeiters. Fraudsters who are planning to expand their illegal practice in these countries are sure to face severe regulatory boards and tantamount of impeding complaints and cases headed by trained and expert professionals. Pharmacies are also well-trained with high quality standards and preemptive measures against countW60LWhqE!erfeit medicines. Japan, the United States, Singapore, and United Kingdom are some of the leading countries which counterfeiters are reluctant to penetrate.
According to the current statistics, though, the problem of counterfeit medicines still remains an underreported issue when compared to the real magnitude of the problem, hence, there is a great possibility that the safety citizens living in developed nations are currently feeling may not have a strong footing. Most of the countries will only divulge information at national or regional level and according to the WHO, only 5 per cent of its members regularly communicate such information to the Organization to prevent stain from appearing in their record.
Moreover, IMPACT, an NGO campaigning against proliferation of counterfeit meds, also emphasize that the lack of transparency between the government and the leading pharmaceutical companies also contribute to miscommunication and lack of determining information. The only statistics and data on the issue stem from seizures made at the borders or within national territories. To a lesser extent they are also based on cases of deaths or serious damages which had a proven link with the use of counterfeit pharmaceuticals. Example of this is the case of Canadian online drug which have been operating for 14 years before it was forcefully closed down.
Imagine taking a medication without knowing if it's the proper strengthArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Excision of Mucocele Using Dental DIODE LASER
- Everything you need to know about CBD oil
- Acupuncture in London
- None of Us Are Above the Placebo Effect
- What Role Does a Hospital Chargemaster Play in Revenue Cycle Management?
- Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) Trends for 2020
- What to do when you have a Toothache
- Super Vidalista
- Clinical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well
- What Are Uses, Doses And Side Effects Of Xenical
- Save Thousands by Getting Veneers Done in Colombia
- Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Bone Regeneration: All You Need to Know
- What Is Dilaudid?
- What Is Diazepam?
- Benefits And Uses Of CBD Oil
- CBD and Fitness: A Match Made in Heaven?
- How to Incorporate CBD into Your Daily Routine
- Does the rain on the plain increase your pain?
- Arthritis Isn't for the Weak
- Infertility In the West Is Becoming An Increasing Problem
- Which is the safer consumption of pill- oral or vaginal administration?
- 5 Common Types Of Arthritis
- What is Lortab?
- How Can Cannabis Help People With Multiple Sclerosis?
- 6 Ways to Find the Best Pediatrician for Your Kids- JPCKIDS
- Eat Right to Beat Cancer with Diet
- ADHD Medications – Are You Getting The Full Story And Giving Your Child The Best Possible Treatment?
- How this New Medical Device Could Help Save a Hundred Thousand American Lives Annually
- What Is CBD?