Buying a printer for your office – 5 things to consider
- Author Ian Wilson
- Published January 9, 2016
- Word count 578
One of the most important office decisions you will make is which type of printer is suitable for your needs. It is an investment that you will be using every working day. But choosing the right printer can be difficult, there are a lot of different printers with many variations in features and functions, and every printer comes with a combination of any of these available features. So we’ve put together a few points for you to consider, helping you make the right decision when purchasing your office printer.
- Minimum Requirements
Most offices need to be able to scan and copy as well as print; therefore at the bare minimum you will need a MFP (Multi Function Printer). But the choices don’t stop there. Will you need to be able to send documents via fax? Will you need a network printer to connect to more than one machine? Will you be printing in colour or will black and white printing be sufficient for your needs? Do you want a laser printer or inkjet printer? With the reduction in cost of laser printers, they have now become very affordable and come with the same multifunction features as inkjets. To make choosing your office printer easier, you need to sit down and decide exactly what your minimum requirements will be.
- Running Costs
When purchasing a printer you will also need to consider the costs involved in keeping the machine running after the initial outlay for the hardware. The price of the printer may be low but consumables costs may make it a non-viable option. Look into the cost of the printer cartridges, at first printer ink might seem the cheaper short term option, but toner cartridges could yield the bigger savings in the long run.
If your printer is out of action for any period of time it can bring your office to a standstill and cost you money. During the lifespan of the machine it will have to be maintained and repaired if something goes wrong. Printer vendors offer different support options and it is strongly recommended that you consider investing in a maintenance program to keep your machine in top condition and performing at its best. At the very least you should only purchase a printer covered by a manufacturer’s warranty, but even these can differ, make sure you read the fine print.
At face value, printer manufacturers websites will make their printers look like they are the greatest machines ever to be made, but don’t take their word for it. The manufacturer’s information will only give you the pros and not the cons that you need to make a decision. Search online for information on review sites produced by third parties. However, be aware that some of these are commissioned by the printer manufacturers and will always be excellent reviews. The best sites to find unbiased information are sites that publish test results for the printer; these sites are independent and are more likely to be honest.
Lastly, there is no point in buying a printing that has a slow print speed. In a busy office you cannot afford to waste time waiting for your printer to churn out your documents, after all, you are buying a printer to improve office efficiency. If a printer is too slow it will affect the everyday running of your office. Look for a machine with a very high page-per-minute (PPM) print rate.
Ian Wilson has been writing articles about printing, photography and related subjects for many years. He is also the social media marketing manager for Sprint-Ink – The online store for printer ink cartridges and toner cartridgesArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The AI Content Revolution is starting without you!
- Advantages of Having a Home-Based Job
- Black Homeownership: How Past Inequalities are the Cause of Today’s Inequities
- UNITED Garage Door Repair
- There's Big Money In THE FACTS ABOUT NETWORK MARKETING
- Properties of Self Compacting Concrete Mix
- How to make more money from your investment property?
- Have you had enough of the daily 9 to 5 grind for little money and wondered how easy it would be to start an online business?
- 3 Ways to Profit in Lock Down
- How A Cup Of Tea Make You Millionaire/Rich?
- Transform Pic to Word and Create Personalized Photo Gifts for Special Occasions
- Turn Picture Into Words to Get Unique, Cool Gift Items
- how to rank youtube videos in 2020
- Balancing the levels of indoor humidity is crucial - HWisel
- How To Develop A Brand Strategy
- My Transitioning Story: Office-Based to Virtual Working
- Add Extra Charisma to Your Wedding with These Table Centrepieces
- Best Steps for Improvements in Commercial Real Estate Business.
- Commercial Real Estate Property - Halsey Real Estate
- Advice On How To Be More Successful At Blogging
- Advice For Your New Tech Blogging Business Is Here
- How to Become a Winemaker
- Three Basic Ways To Keep Your Oven Clean
- Reasons for Using Floor Screeds
- The Uses of Screeds For The Purpose Of Laying Final Flooring
- Why Hire a Waste Disposal Professional?
- Conservatories Essex Homeowners Love
- Some of the Things to Consider When Replacing Your Windows
- Home Depot coupons: Refresh your home space at price as you wish
- Mississauga Home Staging Rental Company