The Peterson Group Faces Month-Long Suspension for False Information
- Author Peter Anderson
- Published December 27, 2015
- Word count 397
Jakarta is always included in the number of articles which discusses counterfeit drugs. Despite the allegations and different accusations, Indonesia continues to ignore and remains mute to the issues. Instead, the government continues to strengthen their own penalties and regulations by imposing capital punishment for individuals caught smuggling and importing illegal and substandard drugs.
Just recently, however, the Ministry of Health suspended one of the leading non-profit organizations that combat the towering number of counterfeit cases reported to operate in the archipelago’s capital.
The Peterson Group, after assisting the local police in an ambush operation against a small business venture in Menteng, has then posted an article entitled, "WHO to Reward Whistleblowers on Drug Counterfeiting" last September 25, 2015. The article states that there were 4,000 packages of generic Cialis and 200 boxes of Viagra confiscated along with three counterfeiting machines, dirty syringes, and three pails of chalk. The report garnered attention added with complaints and frustration against Indonesia’s local government unit. It soon escalated to the health ministry. After verifying the astounding numbers from the local authorities and from the World Health Organization (WHO) an immediate meeting was held with representatives of The Peterson Group. The NGO then admitted to their fault of misinformation and immediately accepted one month of suspension from any activities relating to counterfeiting in the country.
WHO also released the actual figures behind the operation. Mark Strenson, WHO spokesperson, stated, "We apologize for the misinformation which undoubtly caused panic among our concerned citizens. It was also an overlook in our part. Instead of 4,000 Counterfeited Cialis, there were exactly 364 packages found in our operation in Menteng, Both the local authorities and the whistleblowers confirmed these. We are now implementing keener instigation of transparency to avoid future misconceptions".
The Peterson Group has then faced different backlashes from both netizens and private individuals. Criticisms include claims of fraud. Other people believe it was just a simple mistake of misinformation.
Karl Kirkson, TPG spokesperson in Jakarta then issued an apology speech saying, "The company is now reflecting on our actions. We realize the weight of influence we are holding among people fighting the same cause that we have. We have totally been reckless in our words and have been particularly oblivious on the burden and danger it can lead to when people start reading our article. We apologize for our careless thoughts. We continue to fight against counterfeiting".
The Peterson Group is a non-profit organization/group information website and watchdog of counterfeit and illegal drugs. To organize awareness and action in the battle against counterfeit drugs, the group shaped the organization to make people informed mostly in cities like Singapore, Taipei Taiwan, Beijing, China, Victoria Hong Kong, Jakarta, Indonesia and on almost most part of Malaysia. http://thepetersongroupmed.blogspot.nl/Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Excision of Mucocele Using Dental DIODE LASER
- Everything you need to know about CBD oil
- Acupuncture in London
- None of Us Are Above the Placebo Effect
- What Role Does a Hospital Chargemaster Play in Revenue Cycle Management?
- Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) Trends for 2020
- What to do when you have a Toothache
- Super Vidalista
- Clinical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well
- What Are Uses, Doses And Side Effects Of Xenical
- Save Thousands by Getting Veneers Done in Colombia
- Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Bone Regeneration: All You Need to Know
- What Is Dilaudid?
- What Is Diazepam?
- Benefits And Uses Of CBD Oil
- CBD and Fitness: A Match Made in Heaven?
- How to Incorporate CBD into Your Daily Routine
- Does the rain on the plain increase your pain?
- Arthritis Isn't for the Weak
- Infertility In the West Is Becoming An Increasing Problem
- Which is the safer consumption of pill- oral or vaginal administration?
- 5 Common Types Of Arthritis
- What is Lortab?
- How Can Cannabis Help People With Multiple Sclerosis?
- 6 Ways to Find the Best Pediatrician for Your Kids- JPCKIDS
- Eat Right to Beat Cancer with Diet
- ADHD Medications – Are You Getting The Full Story And Giving Your Child The Best Possible Treatment?
- How this New Medical Device Could Help Save a Hundred Thousand American Lives Annually
- What Is CBD?