Softphone Vs Deskphones
- Author Eugene Alcide
- Published January 30, 2016
- Word count 427
✓ VoIP Telephony
✓ Cloud Telephony
✓ NEC Phone Systems
✓ Panasonic Telephony
✓ LG VoIP
✓ Yealink Handsets
What Is a Softphone System?
A softphone or (software phone) uses an application that allows your business to use Voice Over Internet Protocol or (VoIP) phone calls anywhere from a computer device. We can also describe softphone systems as soft clients.
Benefits Of Using Softphone Systems In Business
✓ Cost effective – Low set-up costs and very easy to install as there is no hard equipment required.
✓ Business Mobility – Softphones allow you to be mobile, take a call anytime so long as you are at a PC.
✓ Anywhere – Softphone systems allow you to send or receive calls anywhere with internet access.
✓ Free local calls – Take advantage of free local calls, register your account and install the software.
✓ Cheaper long distance calls – Pick the best softphone call package that suits you.
Drawbacks Of Using Softphones In Business
✓ Reliability – A lot of factors that your business cannot control will affect your softphone reliability.
✓ Quality – The call quality can be dependent on, CPU speed, quality of broadband and a number of other factors.
✓ Emergency Calls – When calling 999, you may need to login into software or UI 1st, which in an emergency situation can waste valuable time.
Softphones Vs Deskphones
With there being many advantages to implementing softphone systems many businesses will get the impression that this is the go to solution when it comes to business communications, however remember that employees will have a natural accustom to using deskphones and training may be required with new employees. A desk phone is very reliable with reliable voice quality, softphones are not reliable and quality can be dependent on uncontrollable factors which is not effective in business. When it comes to benefits & drawbacks they are pretty much on par with each other, it will ultimately come down to your business to measure deskphones reliability and quality of voice Vs softphones cost effectiveness & sometimes unreliable service.
Final Things To Consider With Softphone Systems
As a business you will want to incorporate softphones where possible, this will almost certainly increase your communication & mobility across the business. However we would not recommenced that your business only uses softphone solutions, as your downtime is impacted by factors that your business will sometimes have no control over. Now when it comes to downtime for communications this will have detrimental effects on business. They are very cheap and cost effective to install, however not reliable so we would not recommend that you only use softphones for you businesses communications, incorporate a mixture of softphones & deskphones.
There are no posted comments.
- How to Use Cyclonis Password Manager Instead of Keychain on iPhone
- Simplify your migration from QuarkXPress to Adobe InDesign
- How To Take Grow Light Help In Indoor Plants
- Introduction to PDF to word conversion on Windows, and Mac
- Bring out the best in your photos with ACDSee Professional photo software
- Want to Become an IT Security Professional?
- Securely erase your data with Active@ ZDelete
- 30 Largest TensorFlow Datasets for Machine Learning
- Types of Cables and Wires Found in Modern Technology
- SAP S/4 HANA – Empowering Manufacturers Driving Digital Transformation
- Business mistakes contact centres make during cloud migration
- What Is Data Democratization and Why is it Needed?
- Tech Sector to Weather Economic Storm
- 10 Open Datasets for Linear Regression
- Top 10 Stock Market Datasets for Machine Learning
- Best Image Annotation Tools for Computer Vision
- What To Know About iPad Screen Repair
- Robotic process automation (RPA)
- 10 Best Data Annotation Companies for Machine Learning
- 11 Best Named Entity Recognition Tools
- How ADN Helps Crypto Funding Evolve
- The Future of Data Analytics: 5 Predictions for Where We Are Headed
- 10 Data Analytics Terms Every Beginner Should Know
- ADN Coin: Benefits of Holding Our Coin
- Five Benefits of CCTV Cameras That Go Beyond Video Recording
- How to choose your tablet?
- There Is A Lot To Consider When Setting Up A Private Medical Practice
- How Blockchain can Help fight Climate Change and Save the Environment
- Top 20 Twitter Datasets for Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning
- Best Data Labeling Tools for Machine Learning Projects