Healthy Things To Eat For Lunch And Healthy Meal Options For Lunchtime
- Author Josef Bichler
- Published March 18, 2016
- Word count 591
If the only thing you eat during lunchtime is a sandwich and a bag of potato chips, or something similar, then you are not alone. Most of us do not spend more than 18 minutes during lunchtime and usually, whatever we eat is not healthy enough. However, with just some simple planning, you too can enjoy some healthy and well-balanced midday meals. There are many healthy things to eat for lunch that you can try, which will be great for your wallet and your waistline.
A salad is a convenient meal that can provide you with ample servings of healthy vegetables. Prepare your salad for you midday meal using dark leafy greens rather than pale ones because they have more nutrients. Also include one plain fruit or vegetables, such as chopped apple, cucumbers, grape tomatoes, mushrooms, orange segments, or sliced strawberries. Vegetables should be at the top of your list of healthy things to eat for lunch, but that is not all. Add at least 3 to 4 ounces of lean protein to your salad, whether it is canned beans, sautéed tofu or water-packed tuna, so you remain satisfied for a couple of hours. About a tablespoon of olive oil, safflower oil or yogurt dressing will be healthy for your heart too.
By lunchtime, we all need a burst of quick energy, and we can acquire that energy from fresh fruits because of the carbohydrates and natural sugar they contain. You may also boost your everyday dose of vitamin C by eating an orange or tangerine. Fruits should also be on your healthy things to eat for lunch, and some particularly healthy fruits you can have during lunch time include fresh apples, bananas, pears, or any other stone fruit. You may also include a piece of fruit into your main meal component, especially if you are eating something like a salad. Fruits like fresh berries, grapes, pineapple, and watermelon make a good pair with main meals.
Pasta is a particularly healthy meal option for lunchtime that you carry with you conveniently and reheat it anywhere or even eat it cold. Whole grain pasta is a better choice of the B vitamins and fiber that it contains. While there are many varieties and ways of preparing pasta, but it is certainly one of the easy-to-prepare yet healthy things to eat for lunch. For instance, you may add 3 ounces of ground turkey to corkscrew pasta, along with garlic, a cup of green beans and some soy sauce.
For us adults, another way to enjoy a healthy and satisfying lunch is to drink some hearty soup made with broth, lean protein and vegetables during lunchtime. Prepare your own soup by stirring together cooked chicken, diced carrots, low-sodium chicken broth, peas and wild rice. As a convenient alternative, you may also drink soup at a restaurant but make sure you do not order creamed or cheesy soups since they are full of fat and high in calories. Soups, especially chicken noodle, garden vegetable or minestrone soup, are one of the few healthy things to eat for lunch that you can eat out rather if you are not in the mood to prepare one yourself.
If you feast on something from the vending machine or slam down a fast-food meal during lunchtime, then you are not doing your health, wallet or waistline any good. Edible items such as these are merely a poor excuse for lunch. If you really want to eat healthy, then consider the above healthy things to eat for lunch.
My name is Josef Bichler. I have a passion for wellness and showing others how to live healthy lives. I have corrected my own health problems with the use of alternatives only and helping others to achieve their health objectives through lifestyle changes, detoxifying their body and through understanding the benefits of eating healthy. For more ongoing health information subscribe to my free weekly newsletter at www.healthythenaturalway.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Great Guide To Having A Healthy Body
- 8 Benefits of CBD Oil and Its Uses
- What Is Leptin Resistance?
- What are the health benefits of CBD Oil?
- Healthy Diet Tips for Pregnancy
- How to get a well-defined muscle mass in a short time?
- What is the most effective weight loss diet over the long term?
- How to Prevent Gestational diabetes
- Pre-workout supplements
- Incredible Properties and Benefits of Chayote
- Full Spectrum Hemp Oil vs. Isolated: what is the difference?
- Blood and Guts Pre-Workout
- The Health Benefits of juicing
- The Healing Power of Currants
- The Fact About HGH Supplements
- 10 Wellness tips – this is how to stay healthy during winter
- Something to help you with your pre workout training!
- Marijuana-Cannabis-THC-CBD - Definitions and Slang
- Whey Protein: Benefits, Uses & Requirements
- How to benefit from Keto's revolutionary fat-loss diet plan
- Wild Antarctic Red Krill Fish Oil - Best Omega 3 Fish Supplement?
- How To Become A Fit Vegan
- Mass gainer - take your dose of energy
- Green Coffee Bean Health Benefits
- Don’t Eat These 3 Food Groups if You Have Arthritis
- How to Improve Your Metabolic Health with Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Benefits of Probiotics
- How To Protect Yourself From Sickness & Disease
- Boost Your Brain Function And Improve Memory With Pearl Powder
- Digestive Problems In Usa And Its Cure