How to get More Legitimate Reviews on Amazon
- Author William Edwards
- Published May 10, 2016
- Word count 374
Self-published authors are always looking for inexpensive ways to improve their book marketing efforts. If you are on a limited budget, then your number one priority should be to focus on obtaining reviews on Amazon. In addition to book sales, positive reviews can help boost your standing in the Amazon sales ranking system, especially in the advanced search function that includes an "average customer review" option.
Additionally, once you receive 20 reviews and an average rating of four stars or better, you can potentially qualify for the marketing promotions available on BookBub and other author-friendly websites.
Reviews on Amazon are hard to acquire for new authors, so it’s important to grease the wheels and give yourself every advantage. It’s important to remember that friends and family may be reluctant to review your book publicly for fear of exposing their lack of writing skills. Instead, you may find more success tapping into social media and running book promotions to try and encourage review activity.
Many self-published writers groups on Facebook can serve as a forum to advertise your book and also solicit reviews. There is nothing morally or ethically wrong for two authors to agree to exchange honest reviews of their respective books. Using this method can help increase your review count and also establish mutually beneficial relationships with other self-published authors. It’s relatively easy to contact another author in a Facebook group.
Promotions are another way to receive reviews. If you run a free giveaway on Goodreads for example, you might try including a personal note asking the winner to give you a positive review if they enjoyed your book.
The Hidden Author was designed to harness the collective purchasing power of the self-published author community. As part of their membership agreement, author/members are required to provide four reviews of books listed on the website. Since these reviews are crafted by other authors, they tend to be well-written and professional. Since only author/members can submit reviews, readers can be assured of the authenticity of the review process.
Of course, author/members are encouraged to post their review on Amazon as well. Better sales and more reviews will help your self published book gain visibility and a higher ranking on Amazon.
The Hidden Author is a marketing resource for self-published authors and those looking for a great book at a good price.http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- WHEN I DIE TODAY
- BEGINNER 5 STRING BANJO - Learn Banjo From Scratch! Banjo
- Why Music Theory Helps Creativity
- Artist Spotlight with Soprano Irina Petrik
- Where to Buy Kimi No Na Wa: Your Name Manga & Books
- 10 Healthy Benefits of Playing Musical Instruments
- Switching between musical instruments which you don’t know before
- How to keep party going with fresh beats
- How to get your book signed
- 'Bringing Rhythm and blues back home'
- My First Fiction Novel
- Darrell Kelley's Songs for the Soul
- Things You Need to Know Before Learning Violin
- Tips That Help You for Playing Ukulele
- 7 Undeniable Reasons Why You Should Play Ukulele
- 5 Banjo Tips for Beginners That You Must Know
- Start Learning Piano with These 5 Yamaha Digital Piano
- What has happened to Music
- Top 5 Concert Ukulele Everyone Should Know
- Benefits Of An Internet Piano Course
- How To Play The Piano Basics
- Piano or keyboard: What’s the difference?
- A List Of 10 Inspiring Books Every Student Must Read!
- Benefits of Taking up Keyboard Lessons for Children
- Why Music Education Matters
- Did Bob Dylan really introduce The Beatles to weed?
- How did Nick Drake really die?
- Harnessing The Fire From Within: Using The Past To Fuel The Fire
- Book Review: The Brain That Changes Itself
- Education world connecting educators