Limassol: an ideal location to get married
- Author Michael Chambers
- Published May 27, 2016
- Word count 620
Civil marriage in Cyprus is governed by the provisions of Marriage Law (104(I)/2003) and it is under the jurisdiction of municipalities. Specifically, a civil wedding is officiated by the Mayor or any other member of the municipal council, authorised by the Mayor. Additionally, a wedding ceremony could be performed by an individual authorised by the Minister of Interior for this particular purpose.
Limassol is a popular touristic destination. The fantastic weather together with the romantic ambience constitutes Limassol an ideal location to get married. Many couples from all over the world choose Limassol to celebrate their wedding in order to combine this event with holidays.
1.The two parties must be adults of sound mind. However, individuals who have turned 16 years old are allowed to get married only with their parents’ or legal guardians’ consent. If there are no legal guardians, then the consent of the Supreme Court is needed. It should be underlined that the written consent is necessary and it is made in the presence of the Mayor;
2.An absolute consent from both parties;
2.Declarations/certificates of being single issued from the country of origin of both parties. These declarations/certificates can be issued by the registry office/parish registry, the Minister of Interior or Foreign Ministry of the countries of both parties or by Embassies. All the necessary documents must be translated into Greek or English. Note that UK citizens may submit an affidavit from the District Court of Limassol or a lawyer. The translated documents must be duly certified and signed by the aforementioned legal persons.
3.Divorce certificates (absolute degree), issued by the Courts or the Church. Moreover, the divorce certificate must be accompanied by an affidavit stating that the two parties have not remarried.
4.In the case of widowhood, it is needed an original or certified copy of death certificate.
5.An original or certified copy of birth certificate.
6.Cypriot citizens should submit a confirmation of being single/divorced issued by the Ministry of Interior. In order to receive the above confirmation by the Registrar Officer, the two parties must submit a sworn declaration of being single/ divorced signed at a Court and the original divorce certificate which bears the seal that became absolute. This certificate is issued within a few days by the Registrar Officer. The payable fee for this certificate is €34.17.
7.Cypriot citizens must submit a Certificate for Thalassaemia.
Fees payable to the Republic of Cyprus:
•For a copy of the Marriage Certificate: €14
•For certificate pursuant to section 31 of Law 104(I)/2003: €34
•For Information from the Registrar’s Books: €17
Fees payable to Municipalities:
•Weddings with notice: €128
•Weddings before the lap of 15 days: €282
•Fee for a copy of the Marriage Certificate: €14
•Fee for information obtained from the Municipal Registers: €17
Note: The above fees may change.
Civil Wedding between Foreigners or Foreigners with Cypriot Citizens:
Individuals desiring to have their marriage celebrated in Cyprus under the provisions of the Marriage Law, may only apply, after their arrival on the island, personally, to the Marriage Officer of the Municipality of their choice, so that to arrange all the necessary formalities.
A civil wedding between foreigners or between a foreigner and a Cypriot citizen can be performed in either one of the following ways:
1.Present notification of wedding.
The marriage cannot be held within the first 15 days from the date of notification and not later than three months from that particular date. As a result, the interested parties should stay in Cyprus minimum for 20 days.
2.Have the marriage before the lap of 15 days.
The interested parties proceed their application to the Mayor of the Municipality of their choice in order to register their marriage. In this case, the marriage can be held within 2-3 working days.
Michael Chambers and Co. LLC is a full service Cyprus law firm offering a wide spectrum of expertise in an impressive variety of legal disciplines. Our philosophy is simple: you give us the facts and we will give you the law, based upon which we will undertake your instructions in an efficient and cost-effective manner. For more information: www.cypruslawfirm.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Finance Options for Civil Litigation
- What to do if you are struck by a driver without a license in pasca?
- 5 Tips to Choose the Best Lawyer in Dubai For Your Case
- Breathalyzers in DUI Cases Explained
- What is a Field Sobriety Test in a DUI case?
- Military Service & Criminal Convictions
- California's Three Strikes Law Overview
- Ex Post Facto Explained by Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia Law in CA
- Gun Silencer Law in California
- Stolen Valor Crimes & Defenses
- New PC 290 Law in California
- Prop 57 Law
- Everything You Need To Consider When Choosing And Hiring A Personal Injury Solicitor
- Value of Car accident lawyer
- How to Calculate Child Support
- Reason To Pursue A Personal Injury Case
- Divorce Lawyer/Attorney to Take Care of Your Divorce/Dissolution of Marriage
- The LA Criminal Defense Law Firm
- Let Trump keep looking at H-1Bs; there is a much better option for immigrants
- The Difference Between Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
- Forged Documents, Counterfeit Goods, Cyber Intrusion Including Identity Theft Have Become a Symbol Of Our 21st Century Culture
- Restrictions on some professions when striking
- Finding a Handwriting Expert in Canada or Handwriting Analyst is Tricky, Here's What To Look For
- A Fail-Proof Formula to Escape Drug Charges with Finest Drug Crime Lawyer
- Bike Safety Month: Tips for Cyclists and Motorists
- Covid-19 Update On Credit Cards Payment In UAE
- Know the Role of Criminal Defense Lawyer in Singapore
- Covid-19 Impact On Rental Contracts In UAE