10 Facts About Steroids – By Vera Riley
- Author Justin Seeley
- Published July 2, 2016
- Word count 502
When someone talks about steroids they are either referring to the ones prescribed by the doctors or the anabolic steroids taken illegally by body builders.
Since doctors prescribe steroids they do have health benefits, but if abused they may come with some unwanted side effects.
Steroids users can get HIV/AIDs
Common practice is to inject steroids directly into the muscles. Since sterile medical equipment is often scarce, users may share needles and those be susceptible to contracting these diseases.
Teenagers users have increased
In the past few years, use by teenage boys and girls has increased. Unfortunately, using steroids at such a young age can lead to stunted growth and liver and kidney damage.
Just like any other drugs, steroids are addictive
If a user stops they often will start to feel depressed and withdraw form any social engagements. Since steroids don’t give off the high like other drugs, their addictive effect is not noticed until the user is already addicted.
Amounts taken are 10x what a doctor prescribes
The amounts that the doctors prescribe and the amounts that can be obtained on the black market are substantially different. Many steroid users may use up to 100 times what a doctor would prescribe. Those levels of intake are not safe or natural.
The list of side effects is very long
Added to the possible HIV diagnosis, the list of steroid side effects seems endless. Some common ones are mood swings, headaches and high blood pressure. Some people may experience body acne, damage to liver and kidneys, and decreased joint flexibility. The more serious of these side effects is heart attacks and strokes.
Sexual reproduction is altered
Women taking steroids may become infertile, lose their fatty breast tissue and even see a lose of monthly menstruation. Some women may enter early menopause if use continues. Men taking steroids may endure a lower sperm count and shrunken testicles.
Pregnant women may pass on male traits to female baby
Pregnant women who use steroids run the risk of passing on males traits, such as facial hair, to their unborn baby.
Mr. Olympia competition has not outlawed their use
Though most professional sports have outlawed steroids, the Mr. Olympia competition is known for having many competitors using steroids. It is almost necessary to place in the top five of the competition.
Many long-term, heavy users get ‘roid gut’
‘Roid gut’ is a term for the inflammation in the stomach caused by the stomach bacteria’s reaction to the steroids. This side effect will cause the user’s belly to swell, pushing the abdominal muscles out, while still maintaining muscle definition.
Anabolic steroids are not the only kind available
Formally known as anabolic-androgenic steroids, these are not the only type of steroids that are being used in the health or body building industry. Many online markets that sell steroids market different types dependent on what kind of effects the buyer wants to see. A few of the secondary types of steroids are cortisol, estrogen and progesterone.
SteroidsFax.in | Get Big or Die Trying ithttp://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What Is Leptin Resistance?
- What are the health benefits of CBD Oil?
- Healthy Diet Tips for Pregnancy
- How to get a well-defined muscle mass in a short time?
- What is the most effective weight loss diet over the long term?
- How to Prevent Gestational diabetes
- Pre-workout supplements
- Incredible Properties and Benefits of Chayote
- Full Spectrum Hemp Oil vs. Isolated: what is the difference?
- Blood and Guts Pre-Workout
- The Health Benefits of juicing
- The Healing Power of Currants
- The Fact About HGH Supplements
- 10 Wellness tips – this is how to stay healthy during winter
- Something to help you with your pre workout training!
- Marijuana-Cannabis-THC-CBD - Definitions and Slang
- Whey Protein: Benefits, Uses & Requirements
- How to benefit from Keto's revolutionary fat-loss diet plan
- Wild Antarctic Red Krill Fish Oil - Best Omega 3 Fish Supplement?
- How To Become A Fit Vegan
- Mass gainer - take your dose of energy
- Green Coffee Bean Health Benefits
- Don’t Eat These 3 Food Groups if You Have Arthritis
- How to Improve Your Metabolic Health with Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Benefits of Probiotics
- How To Protect Yourself From Sickness & Disease
- Boost Your Brain Function And Improve Memory With Pearl Powder
- Digestive Problems In Usa And Its Cure
- 10 Top Solid Nourishments To Keep You Fit
- Pure Water Health Benefits