Creating Legendary Customer Service
- Author Lydia Ramsey
- Published October 1, 2016
- Word count 557
Good customer service-we talk a lot about it, but what does it really mean? Most of us can think of a time when we were on the receiving end of good customer service-when someone did something special, unexpected and out-of-the-ordinary. That business person was focused on the customers and practicing a bit of business etiquette.
Patrons at the Pike Place Fish Market experience something extraordinary every day. The market is a lively place where the employees are engaged in hurling fish at the customers. People love it. It is part of the daily routine, or better yet, the ambiance.
The fish is good, but that's not the sole (pardon the pun) reason people shop there. They go so they can order the fresh catch, then watch as it flies through the air. While this may not be everybody's idea of a great time, and it may not sound like good manners, it has proven quite successful for the Seattle Fish Market.
Your product or your service may not lend itself to this outrageous behavior, but there are simple things you can do to be equally as memorable. Exercising basic courtesies and practicing the rules of business etiquette can be just as surprising and pleasing to your customers.
Not long ago I had an unusual experience when I met with a prominent businessman, the CEO of a large corporation with offices on several top floors of a high-rise building. I entered on the ground floor, found the reception desk and introduced myself. The receptionist showed me to a comfortable seat and asked me to wait.
In a few minutes the CEO appeared in the lobby to greet me. He ushered me to the elevator and up several floors to his office. Following our meeting, he rode back down to the first floor and walked me to the front door.
I would have expected this busy man to have sent someone else to meet me or to have told the receptionist, "Send her up." His display of exceptional business manners made a lasting impression.
What small bit of personal attention can you give your clients that they will never forget?
Perhaps it's the simple act of opening the door when you see the customer coming.
Maybe it's offering a cup of coffee or cold beverage while people wait.
Don't forget the Wi-Fi and the 36-inch TV in your waiting room.
You might make sure that you have the most current editions of the magazines in your waiting room rather than the year old ones you brought in from home.
It could be engaging the person in a bit of small talk, actually listening and following up on the conversation the next time you see the client. "So how was your family trip to Yellowstone Park?"
When new customers hand you their credit card, use their name as you give it back.
Consider being available to answer your own phone. Now there is a truly novel thought.
You might come up with something extremely creative, totally bizarre and off the wall. In the meantime, use basic courtesy so people will remember you and keep coming back for more. In short, practice some good old-fashioned business etiquette. Watch what happens.
© 2016, Lydia Ramsey. All rights reserved. Reprints welcomed so long as article and by-line are kept intact and all links made live.
Lydia Ramsey is a business etiquette and modern manners expert who helps individuals and organizations add the polish that builds profits. Thousands of people have attended her keynote presentations, seminars and conference breakout sessions or worked with her one-on-one. Contact her via email at email@example.com, call 912-598-9812 or visit http://lydiaramsey.com.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Key to Hire an Effective Virtual Assistant
- Curl Joining Process for Galvanizing Lines - Welding Galvanized Steel
- San Diego Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Attorney
- Benefits Of Hiring Shop Cleaning Services
- Affected by the COVID-19: the Global Seamless Steel Pipe Plant Has Reduced its Output to Upgrade
- Why You Should Hire Cleaning Services?
- How Is Regular Traditional Prototyping Different Than Rapid Prototyping?
- Tips to buy a good mobile at low price
- Criteria in Selecting English-to-French Translation Services
- MLM Software migration guidelines
- How to Recycle Old Electronics?
- How do I set up QuickBooks Online Backup?
- The majority of businesses have buildings which need maintenance
- A Lot Of The Services Required For Your Business Can Be Outsourced
- Features Of Using An Audio Translation Service
- Tips to Choosing a Manuscript Typing Service Provider
- Things to Consider When Choosing Rush Transcription Services
- 4 Tips When Choosing a Document Translation Service
- Bus Chartering Services in Singapore
- What is image clipping path and Clipping Path Services?
- Mastering Clipping Path is the decisive game changer for photo editors
- Upgrade your home with HWisel’s independent EV charging system - HWisel
- How Does Medical Coding Work? What Does a Medical Coder Do?
- Unique Strategies Today’s Top Medical Organizations Use to Maximize Revenue
- Educational Translation – Tricks Of The Trade
- Energy-Efficient Commercial Roofing System
- Killing Germs with Powerful, yet Safe Chlorine Dioxide
- DizB Reviews - Does DizB Get TikTok Followers?
- Top 6 Reasons to Use Professional Translation Services
- Point Of Sale System