10 Marketing social media tactics boost holiday sales
- Author Susan Friesen
- Published November 18, 2016
- Word count 736
Tis the season for holiday sales!
Shoppers are flocking online in search of gift giving ideas. According to Mashable, "65% of shoppers tap social media looking for the perfect gift … and two out of three shoppers purchased a gift they found via social media."
So what are the best ways to cash in on seasonal sales with your business?
Whether you are a service-based business or sell products, here’s some suggestions to get in the spirit with holiday sales.
- Learn from the Ghost of Christmas Past
Look at metrics from last year’s holiday sales. What products were bestsellers? Which promotions created the biggest lift in sales? What special offers were a total bomb?
Discover what worked and didn’t so you can capitalize on it when you plan this year’s promotions.
- Make a Holiday Social Media Cover Image
Decorate your social media business pages with a specially designed cover image. It’s the perfect place to announce special holidays promotions and deals.
Be sure to create one for all of your social media accounts.
- Use Holiday Hashtags
Twitter shoppers may use hashtags to find their next purchase. So take advantage of hashtags to get discovered.
Some popular hashtags include: #blackFriday, #diy, #holidayssavings, #stockingstuffers, #holidays, #Christmas, #Hannukah, #Kwanzaa, #NewYears
Need ideas? Here’s 106 Hashtags for the Holiday Season http://www.trainingauthors.com/106-hashtags-for-the-holiday-season/
- Create Social Media Graphics for Promos and Deals
Everyone loves getting a great deal when holiday shopping. Make festive graphics promoting special promotions that make purchasing the perfect item irresistible.
Deals can include:
• one day only,
• limited quantity sales,
• buy-one-get-one free,
• special discounts or holiday coupons.
Consider offering a "12 days of Christmas" promotion with a special deal each day!
Canva makes it easy to make custom holiday social media graphics.
- Boost Sales with Free Shipping
Consider offering free shipping for holidays gifts. Create highly visible buttons or banners promoting it on your website.
Or you can boost the order size by offering free shipping on orders over a bigger dollar amount such as $100.
Studies show that shipping costs are one of the biggest deterrents to making a purchase online so this one tactic could result in big returns for you.
- Offer Gift Ideas
Holiday shopping can be frustrating when you don’t know what to buy for the person who has everything. You’ll want to promote your bestselling gifts.
Make gift buying easy by sharing gift suggestions like:
• 5 gifts for mom,
• 10 gifts grandparents love,
• 5 gift ideas for tech savvy teens etc.
Then offer links to purchase each of the items you mention on your blog and on social media.
Better yet, if you have a blog, write articles based on these topics and refer to your products within the article with links back to the purchase page.
- Write Reviews
If you offer one of the hot new products of the season, consider writing and posting a review about it on your blog. In this review you could mention your own offerings that would be a great gift accompaniment.
As an example, do a review of the top three smart phone accessories for Mom this Christmas and share pictures of them with a red bow on them along with a side-by-side features comparison. Then mention how your offerings go great with these gift ideas while including links to purchase.
You could also incorporate your Amazon affiliate link for those products
- Suggest Stocking Stuffer Ideas
Help idea stumped shoppers by offering suggestions for small items for everyone on their shopping list!
Write a blog post with the hottest stocking stuffers for the season. Share daily stocking stuffer ideas on social media using hashtags like: #beststockingstuffers2016 #cheapstockingstuffers #stockingstuffersforwomen
- Reward Loyal Customers
Offer to give a $100 Gift Card to a randomly selected customer caught posting a picture or video with your product on social media. Set up a campaign having them use a special hash tag like #christmascountdown.
This can help your promotional campaigns to go viral as customers share on their timeline and family/friends see their post.
- Share Holiday Spirit
Connect to the spirit of the holidays in your customer’s hearts. Engage your customers by asking them their favourite holiday tradition.
Get people to interact with your brand by asking them to share:
a. Their most-loved family recipes from Thanksgiving or another holiday event.
b. What their most loved Christmas song is.
c. DYI Christmas decorating tips.
d. Easy gift wrapping suggestions.
Susan Friesen is the founder of eVision Media, a boutique web development and Digital Marketing firm of over 15 years that specializes in designing, building and marketing professional, unique websites for entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations
Grow your holiday business with help from eVisionMedia.
Click here http://evisionmedia.ca to make your business holiday sales merry with help from eVision Media!Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How to Bypass Shameful Fake Scarcity Tactics Used By Internet Business Mentors
- How to Build a Crisis Response Landing Page
- How I Awoken My Inner Mr. Hyde
- Here's a Riddle For You
- A Laughable Moment That Teaches You How Not to Take Self-responsibility
- Your Guide to Paid Marketing During COVID-19
- Population and infrastructure in Long Thanh positively affects land prices in 2020!
- Turn Photo to Text and Display It at Your Wedding
- 3 eCommerce Challenges & Solutions for Tough Times
- Why giveaway promotional gift items?
- Getting Started with Google Ads
- 3 Tools You Should Master in Digital Marketing
- 5 Important Factors to Consider When Building Backlinks
- Basics of Keyword Research
- 17 Strategic Business Pivots to Make in the Time of COVID-19
- How to Craft Your Unique Business Story That Will Make You Shine and Put Your Competitors in the Shadows
- 4 Marketing Strategies for the COVID-19 Crisis
- Business Building Using Stories
- 4 Ways To Sell Services In A Slow Economy
- How to Pivot Your Small Business Strategy During the COVID-19 Crisis
- How a Visit to the Dentist Taught Me a Valuable Marketing Lesson
- Hiring an Online Marketing Agency to Grow Your Business
- The Biggest Web Copy Mistake Most Small Businesses Make
- How to Write Copy Like the OG Copywriters
- How to Write Better Emails
- Graphic design in Nepal
- Why Not Enough Authors Use Email To Market Themselves
- Should You Stop Marketing During COVID-19?
- Beauty Packaging in Design
- Accountants Mailing List | Accountant Email Addresses | CPA Database