5 WordPress Tips That Will Make Your Blog Better
- Author Nikolay Peshev
- Published December 9, 2016
- Word count 517
WordPress is a cornucopia of plugins, themes, and countless different techniques that are supposed to help you beat the competition. Yet all these additions are getting massive, bigger and, to be honest, not exactly simple to use. Have you been searching for simpler ways to use WP but without success, for far too long? 411Locals will help you with some of the easiest WP hacks for blogging:
You Can Master the art Of Coding without Actually Coding
It’s about time for you to learn how to use shortcodes! They are special tags you can insert in the body of your post, which make a suggestion for more complicated coding. Whenever WordPress checks one of these tags in a post, it automatically replaces it with the corresponding HTML equivalent. Check out the examples:
[ audio ]– embeds an audio file and displays a basic audio player in the page
[ gallery ]– creates a basic gallery based on a set of images
[ video ]– embeds a locally-hosted video in the page
NB! type these shortcodes without blank spaces
Get Rid Of "Uncategorized" Posts
"Uncategorized" is your default category & as such, it adds no value to your posts. Proceed with this: From the left-hand menu, go to Settings > Writing, and switch the Default Post Category to whatever you want – for instance, your most frequently used one. Alternatively, you can rename the default category itself. This way, you can alter the category of your previous "uncategorized" tagged posts.
Get The Perfect Image Size With Ease
The most irritating experience when you create your blog post (apart from starting it) is to see how your image doesn’t fit, making your work amateurish. Instead of resizing, re-previewing, rechecking and what else not, you can use the following hack:
You should simply change the default media size for your uploaded images.
When you opt for "Thumbnail," "Medium," or "Large," WordPress pulls those pre-set image sizes from your blog settings. The "Large" category can fit the full width of your post layout. Do the following – from the left-hand WordPress menu, choose Settings > Media, and adjust the "Max Width" and "Max Height" settings to fit your blog sizes. You can also set the "Medium" size to take up 1/3 of your post layout, then use these "Medium" images such as feature images for your posts, by aligning them to the right, and set the "Large" size to fill the full width of your post layout.
Use the "Inspect Element" option in your Chrome browser to determine the maximum width.
Right-click anywhere inside the text of your post, and choose "Inspect Element." Here, you can access the web code of your page. Point your mouse at the highlighted separate parts of your blog design, along with a display of height and width of the element. You can judge the right post size from here. Even more, you can go on the right-hand side of this new code window and click the tab for "Computed." You should see a graphic of boxes with numbers in the middle. They show the size of your post, with the first number indicating the width.
Nikolay Peshev is dedicated Online reputation manager, part of 411 Locals
team. This company is a full-service Internet Advertising Agency specializing in search engine optimization, web design, online and mobile marketing, and quality content. We have been in business for over eight years with offices in the United States and Europe.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What is a session in Google Analytics?
- Who do digital marketing certification
- Surviving a Work-At-Home Environment During COVID-19 Crisis
- Top 5 Profitable Blogging NIche
- How to Use Blogging to Promote a Website
- Generate More Leads and Get Return On Investment by Using WordPress Web Site for Your Business.
- How To Write A Great Blog Post With CareerSteering
- Blog post Canada
- Steps To Create A Perfect Social Media Profile For Your Business
- Ways Guest Blogging Can Help To Increase Your SEO Rankings
- Content Marketing matter for all sizes of Businesses
- How To Unroot Android - A quick guide to unrooting with Samsung Odin
- Importance of Blog content for Every Business
- 5 things you need to consider before starting a blog
- Welcome to Anthony Morrison Blog
- 6 Tips to Make Your Blog Popular
- How you can easily create article using spinner tools
- Content Writing - Why You Need It And Why You Need It Now
- Five Things to Consider in your 2019 SEO Strategies
- CIW 1D0-621 CIW Web Design Exam Question Answer
- Taking care during Monsoon Season
- Create Your Own Forum With This New Private Communities Platform
- How to Recover Deleted Files from Android
- How To Develop A Successful Brand On Social Media
- Which kind of articles should be written on a blog dedicated to machine tools?
- 7 Trends Of Iot In 2017
- Why I started Groupcash.club - Mr. Vikram Oscar Joseph
- Three WordPress Steps That Will Make Your Blog Better
- Is Social Media Really Worth It for a Small Business?